Dining Plan price change to Kid's plan only for 2019

sharonabe

DIS Veteran
Thanks to the heads up from @Rick195275 !

It probably doesn't make much of a difference to most families, but the kid's price has been raised on all plans.

2018 price vs 2019 new price:

QSDP 21.75 to 23.77
DDP 25.75 to 27.95
DxDP 39.99 to 43.47

Adult prices are still the same

Will 2019 DxDP credits still be pooled (adult and kids) and shareable ?

Will 2019 DxDP credits still be pooled (adult and kids) and shareable ?

As far as we know. This is not an official policy of WDW. The PDF says that "kid's must order from the kid's menu." The fact that the system doesn't force you to do so is the deciding factor. They don't have to fix the IT part and could just start enforcing the rules. If they don't fix the system, enforcing the rules would only make a difference to those who have kids on the plan AND have kids ordering meals using the plan. If you have kids on the plan, but use their credits to buy another adult a meal and pay OOP for the kids, then the unfixed system would still allow you to do so. If they just enforce the rules and you have a child sitting at the table ordering a meal on the plan, then the CM would say they have to order a kids meal. If they fix the system, then all kid's meal credits will have to be used to purchase a kid's meal.

I understand what you are saying completely. However it has been restaurant servers encouraging pooling and sharing that I find confusing in all this??

I understand what you are saying completely. However it has been restaurant servers encouraging pooling and sharing that I find confusing in all this??

The pooling is in the system...they just don't separate them.

The servers encourage the ordering of adult meals because that does increase their tip.

So perhaps the question is whether or not pooling/sharing will be still encouraged by servers in 2019, or if Disney will crack down on their servers???

So perhaps the question is whether or not pooling/sharing will be still encouraged by servers in 2019, or if Disney will crack down on their servers???

And I don't think anyone has that kind of crystal ball.

Im shocked that they didn't raise adult prices..... I remember when a kids plan was 9.99 a day

They still could. This one was done with no announcement or notice. Of course, Disney never advertises or gives the actual price of its plans. The only reason we found this one was because a quote from a TA for a family wasn't adding up.

I’m confused, wasn’t that the price already for 2019? And if it really has been raised, I assume that since I have already been quoted the price as it was when I booked my package, it stays the same?

I’m confused, wasn’t that the price already for 2019? And if it really has been raised, I assume that since I have already been quoted the price as it was when I booked my package, it stays the same?

When packages came out for 2019, the price was the same as 2018. I don't know when they raised the kid's prices, but no one had questioned their quotes until now. When did you book your package?

What is the latest point in a reservation one can add a dining plan... if you already have a room only/tix/and FP and dining set?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!