Dining Plan - Best Deal

jehender

Earning My Ears
I remember seeing a website that explained the dining plan and showed which restaurants were the best deal. However, I can't find the link now. Does anyone know where that website is or already know that info? Thanks in advance.

I don't know about showing the dining plan AND which is the best deal BUT if you go to www.allearsnet.com .... that is one of the best sites I've seen. You'll get an explaination of the dining plan, the best site for menus at parks and resorts and reviews also. I think "the best deal" is a subjective thing. We all have our own opinions about the "best deal"

I was sent an excel table through a thread on this board. If you PM me your email address, I could send it to you.

princess: Caroline princess:

Someone put a lot of work into that chart. However, is your goal really to get the most $ possible for your DDP or to eat what you want?

We just got back last week. 2 adults, 3 kids, paid $654 for the dining plan and after adding receipts it totaled $1,025. It worked well for us, but it's a big time commitment for the TS meals, especially with the transportation.

Of course, the best deal is the restaurant you like the best, not necessarily the restaurant that costs the most.

bicker said:
Of course, the best deal is the restaurant you like the best, not necessarily the restaurant that costs the most.

Yup. If I wanted to truly maximize the plan, I'd get the steak at Pepper Market as the counter meal every day, and go to Spoodles every day for the strip, the shrimp appetizer, the scallop and shrimp add ons (they allow them) and the most expensive desert they allow.

That's a heck of a lot of steak and probably wouldn't yield as much satisfaction as mixing it up a bit.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney said:
Yup. If I wanted to truly maximize the plan, I'd get the steak at Pepper Market as the counter meal every day, and go to Spoodles every day for the strip, the shrimp appetizer, the scallop and shrimp add ons (they allow them) and the most expensive desert they allow.

That's a heck of a lot of steak and probably wouldn't yield as much satisfaction as mixing it up a bit.

Well....we are going to Concourse and we will be having steak, I told DH I was getting the Prime Rib or Filet Mignon, which is $$$, what does DH want to get? Serloin Steak??? I told him that's what he get's at Outback, he should order the most expensive thing, nooooo, he wants serlion??? :rotfl2: :confused3 :crazy:

PreppyPolyMom said:
Well....we are going to Concourse and we will be having steak, I told DH I was getting the Prime Rib or Filet Mignon, which is $$$, what does DH want to get? Serloin Steak??? I told him that's what he get's at Outback, he should order the most expensive thing, nooooo, he wants serlion??? :rotfl2: :confused3 :crazy:

There are some people who just love the flavor of a sirloin over that of the more expensive cuts. This is a prime grade Sirloin though. It should be of higher quality than what you'd find at your local steakhouse and definitely higher than the Sizzler.

The Chipotle Ribeye and the filet caught my eye. I avoid Prime Rib these days. In too many places the words Prime Rib mean Rib Roast of grade other than prime.

We aren't doing Concourse simply because ours would be drooling over Chef Mickey's next door. Otherwise, I'd love to try that filet. But I have Le Cellier's Mushroom Filet on my mind. Yum Yum. That is, unless they have that Steak and Lobster Combo.

I probably will have a steak or two. Just not at every meal. Boy I'm looking forward to some good eating.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney said:

Okay, I really have to ask... Where is the Pepper Market? I've seen several posts today about this place, and after all the visits we've made to WDW, I don't know where it is. Thanks for the help!

Pepper Market is in the Coronado Springs Resort. An excellent place to eat, I have been going there for years for the Prime Rib.
Glad I saw this thread, I was under the impression that the dinner or lunch was TS, I had to go check the official Disney DP list and lo and behold it is just CS service. I now intend to go to this restaurant a couple of times during my stay.
:yay: :yay: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter