Dining plan and dvc

Rick195275

DIS Veteran
Getting ready for our first dvc trip including the dining plan. I remember reading somewhere dvc members are able to track their credits in the mde app? Is this still true? TIA

Getting ready for our first dvc trip including the dining plan. I remember reading somewhere dvc members are able to track their credits in the mde app? Is this still true? TIA

No, you have it backwards. DVC members are NOT able to track their credits while everyone else CAN track theirs.

For the dining plan with a DVC reservation, can each person track his or her own remaining credits on a receipt or do they show the total for the whole room?

For the dining plan with a DVC reservation, can each person track his or her own remaining credits on a receipt or do they show the total for the whole room?

ANY dining plan will be pooled to the room; there are no individual credits.

As a DVC member I purchased the regular DDP December in 2018 and I was able to track my credits in MDE. :confused3Didn't even know it was an issue. I did have to order or 'fake' order a snack or CS to see it. It was a solo trip if that made a difference.

As a DVC member I purchased the regular DDP December in 2018 and I was able to track my credits in MDE. :confused3Didn't even know it was an issue. I did have to order or 'fake' order a snack or CS to see it. It was a solo trip if that made a difference.
I’m not sure what you mean by fake order? I know it was an issue I saw people reporting before but I haven’t taken my first trip with dining plan yet. I’m hopeful it’s fixed..... but Disney IT

I’m not sure what you mean by fake order? I know it was an issue I saw people reporting before but I haven’t taken my first trip with dining plan yet. I’m hopeful it’s fixed..... but Disney IT

Meaning I clicked on the Order Food on the MDE App and went all the way through except actually submitting it, either a mobile order for CS or a Snack. The DDP credits still left were at the bottom. I did this when I was confirming my CS and Snack credits. Now what I can't truly remember is if it showed TS credits. I think I just checked my receipt at the end of each TS meal to confirm I was on track. Again, it was just me that trip so it was a very easy process.

Now that you've explained your "fake order", that's not the same thing as tracking credits through MDE for non-DVC.

Non-DVC can actually just go into MDE and see how many QS and TS credits they have left without having to go through the mobile order.

Now that you've explained your "fake order", that's not the same thing as tracking credits through MDE for non-DVC.

Non-DVC can actually just go into MDE and see how many QS and TS credits they have left without having to go through the mobile order.

It is a nice workaround, though, until they fix it in MDE.

Reactions: cm8

My "fake order" explanation still showed how it could be done. I was trying to help others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter