Dining packages for MSEP?

Watching this thread too. We did the parade viewing in the past and my biggest complaint was that the CM's weren't monitoring who sat in the reserved viewing section and a few times, people came and tried to squeeze my kids out of the way on the curb to get themselves in. I did complain to CM and it was fixed but really, it's annoying. If it continues to be this hectic, I'll just cancel and roll the dice with the second parade.

Hoping to hear more feedback- still deciding whether to keep or drop our package. We will be seeing MSEP over a weekend (Friday or Sunday) so we know it will be busy. If they don’t have fireworks, we are perfectly content to watch over by iASW. Curious about recent package experiences and also how busy the parade has been recently.

Hoping to hear more feedback- still deciding whether to keep or drop our package. We will be seeing MSEP over a weekend (Friday or Sunday) so we know it will be busy. If they don’t have fireworks, we are perfectly content to watch over by iASW. Curious about recent package experiences and also how busy the parade has been recently.
I have been hoping we’d get another update. I went ahead and canceled ours last night based on the pervious reviews. I think we’ll just eat carnation cafe instead and catch it by IASW too.

We did the dining package on Sunday night. Overall it was worth it. We did get there early, so I was able to sit on the curb and my Mom sat behind me in her wheelchair. We were by a couple women who had scooters in the area and had no issues seeing. And there was definitely not too many people crammed in the area by me.

We did the dining package on Sunday night. Overall it was worth it. We did get there early, so I was able to sit on the curb and my Mom sat behind me in her wheelchair. We were by a couple women who had scooters in the area and had no issues seeing. And there was definitely not too many people crammed in the area by me.
Thank you for sharing your experience!

I have been hoping we’d get another update. I went ahead and canceled ours last night based on the pervious reviews. I think we’ll just eat carnation cafe instead and catch it by IASW too.
We viewed from IASW last night. Given, it was a low crowd night (weird for Labor Day!), so take that into consideration. We showed up a bit after 8 pm to the IASW mall and walked right up to spots at the railing on the terrace across from the Pretzel Cart. Great viewing for the parade because we were raised above anyone who might stand in front of us. Two women in wheel chairs took the spots next to us about 10 minutes later. They had great viewing, too. The pavement in front of us had two rows of guests, not completely filled in. Most people remained sitting. There were some people behind us, mostly seated on the steps or on the planter walls. Restrooms are close by -- across the way, at the FL Theatre. After the parade, we stayed in our spots for fireworks (last night of "Disneyland Forever"). Great view with projections on the IASW building facade. No need for a dining package for these views! (On a crowded night, I would allow at least an hour more to make sure to nab these spots.)

Last edited:

We viewed from IASW last night. Given, it was a low crowd night (weird for Labor Day!), so take that into consideration. We showed up a bit after 8 pm to the IASW mall and walked right up to spots at the railing on the terrace across from the Pretzel Cart. Great viewing for the parade because we were raised above anyone who might stand in front of us. Two women in wheel chairs took the spots next to us about 10 minutes later. They had great viewing, too. The pavement in front of us had two rows of guests, not completely filled in. Most people remained sitting. There were some people behind us, mostly seated on the steps or on the planter walls. Restrooms are close by -- across the way, at the FL Theatre. After the parade, we stayed in our spots for fireworks (last night of "Disneyland Forever"). Great view with projections on the IASW building facade. No need for a dining package for these views! (On a crowded night, I would allow at least an hour more to make sure to nab these spots.)
Sounds great! Thank you for the info. We’ll be right there tomorrow night. I’m going to try and find this spot!

Food: mostly inedible. Chicken was tough and chewy, beef full of fat. No idea why the mac and cheese is advertised as containing garlic, didn't taste anything. Beans tasted like straight from the can though.

Can't recommend.

If you get curb space it is seating, everyone else needs to stand. And curbside gets full early. If you arrived at 8.10 as given on the voucher you had no chance.

Food: mostly inedible. Chicken was tough and chewy, beef full of fat. No idea why the mac and cheese is advertised as containing garlic, didn't taste anything. Beans tasted like straight from the can though.

Can't recommend.

If you get curb space it is seating, everyone else needs to stand. And curbside gets full early. If you arrived at 8.10 as given on the voucher you had no chance.

We ended up canceling and grabbed a great spot near IASW about 15-20 min. before the parade started. I’m glad we didn’t mess with the package. Sounds like it wouldn’t have been worth it.

Can't recommend.

Bummed to hear this review but very much appreciate you sharing it.

IASW appeals to me for parade viewing but we really want to see the Halloween show/fireworks from Main Street. The last time we tried to see a parade from Main Street it was madness. I may keep our package and just make alternate plans for lunch if it’s bad. I don’t think we want to fight crowds getting from IASW over to the hub/main street for fireworks. Anyone have advice/experiences to share?

IASW appeals to me for parade viewing but we really want to see the Halloween show/fireworks from Main Street. The last time we tried to see a parade from Main Street it was madness. I may keep our package and just make alternate plans for lunch if it’s bad. I don’t think we want to fight crowds getting from IASW over to the hub/main street for fireworks. Anyone have advice/experiences to share?

They projected the Halloween show onto IASW.

They projected the Halloween show onto IASW.
Thanks, I had read that they projected disneyland forever but wasn’t sure about the Halloween screams. Also, we wanted to see the fireworks -do you know that the fireworks view is from there?

Fireworks view from Small World is okay. You miss the low level castle stuff, but I've always been happy.

Sorry i had no better news about the package. But a lot of people seemed on the fence and wanted to post a honest Review.

Fireworks view from Small World is okay. You miss the low level castle stuff, but I've always been happy.

Sorry i had no better news about the package. But a lot of people seemed on the fence and wanted to post a honest Review.

Viewing from IASW does put you a bit closer to the main fireworks launch point (which is behind Toontown), and it avoids the madness of Main Street / Castle. But as Vala pointed out, you'll miss the low level pyrotechnic effects (plus the flying Tinkerbell - for DL Forever - or the the flying Zero - for Halloween Screams) they do from the castle - if you watch from IASW you can get glimpses of those shooting over the castle from your left / behind you, but it's not quite as immersive as if you were in front of the castle. But I've often had very good luck with showing up to IASW right before fireworks and getting a good view (or even getting a sitting spot if we show up a little bit earlier) and it's far more calm than Main Street and castle.

After reading recent reviews, I’m really thinking about canceling our reservation for Friday. I will have 3 kids 5 and under, and sitting is kind of a requirement for them to actually be able to SEE the parade. They aren’t tall enough to get a good view and I can’t imagine holding them the whole time. We will also have my MIL with us who has bad knees. Any idea how early we would have to camp out a regular curb spot for the parade? Any recommendations on the best spot? I’d prefer to stay around Main Street because we want to be able to stay in the area for a good view of the fireworks.

We arrived at 8pm for the 8:45pm parade and got curb seating at the start of the parade (in front of Small World).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter