Dining Packages and Dessert Parties

disguy22

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anybody had comments (positive or negative) on any of the Dining Packages or Dessert Parties. I would like to do one or two for my October trip but really have no preferences on which park at this time. In particular, it looks like the Fantasmic dining package, Rivers of Light dining package, Illuminations Dining Package, Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party, Magic Kingdom After Fireworks Dessert Party, and Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party (Tomorrowland Terrace and Plaza Garden Viewing) are available during the month of October. Any feedback would be appreciated (recommendations, comparisons, etc.)

Additional question: Does the 180+10 ADR booking window apply only to WDW resort stays or would it include Dolphin/Swan/Disney Springs Hotels?

We did the magic Kingdom Dessert part for the Terrace. I was wonderful. The place to stand and see the fireworks and show was so nice not be crammed together to see them. We plan to do it again n our December trip. Oh and the desserts were so good.

a few years ago we did the fantasmic package. it was nice to not have to worry about getting a good seat

My DD15 and I have done the Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party 2X and it was fantastic both times. Unlimited desserts, some savory food items, alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, meet and greets with Kylo, Chewbacca, Storm Troopers interact with guests during the party and then led us out to the viewing area. We received souvenier plastic mugs (Captain Phasma in 7/18 and Darth Vader 1/19) also you can take drinks in to go cups out to viewing area. It's a nice view and even better on a busy night to now have to stake out a spot way in advance and we got to sit during the shows each time. Doing it again in June when my DH joins us for his 1st ever WDW adventure.

Last year was the first time we did a dessert party. DS22 and I did the SW one at HS. Loved it!!!
Now we- I- am a bit addicted. We are doing the SW again, as well as the HEA dessert party and the Illuminations dinner at R&C. So watch out... you might get addicted :o

it looks like the Fantasmic dining package, Rivers of Light dining package, Illuminations Dining Package, Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party, Magic Kingdom After Fireworks Dessert Party, and Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party (Tomorrowland Terrace and Plaza Garden Viewing)
The Frozen and Rivers of Light dessert parties are also an option. Excluding the shows and just based on the party experience, I would put the Frozen and Star Wars dessert parties at the top of the list.

I would pick which shows you want to see and then choose your package/dessert party from there. We particularly like the HEA parties as the MK fireworks become particularly crowded, IMHO. We have also done the Star Wars party which was great. I have felt no need to do the Illuminations one as it's pretty easy to find a good spot for free around the lagoon, but, for Frozen fans, that party looks fantastic.

Swan/Dolphin/Disney Springs hotels do not get 180+10 ADR privileges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter