Dining for Solo Traveler

Hettie

DIS Veteran
I'm planning a solo trip and researching the restaurants that I might enjoy. I searched and found some good advice on bar/lounge seating at the parks and CityWalk (I prefer bar/lounge seating when solo, if possible), but I didn't see anything about this type of seating at the resort restaurants. I'm a foodie and I have a gluten sensitivity, so burgers/pizza/pasta doesn't work for me unless there are gluten-free options. I am staying at Sapphire Falls and Strong Water Tavern sounds perfect, so that is already on my list. I was wondering if Bice, in particular, has lounge seating with the full menu or if anyone has other recommendations at the resorts.

I do solo dining a lot and always request a table.
I do opposite of you and won’t sit at the bar.

I'm planning a solo trip and researching the restaurants that I might enjoy. I searched and found some good advice on bar/lounge seating at the parks and CityWalk (I prefer bar/lounge seating when solo, if possible), but I didn't see anything about this type of seating at the resort restaurants. I'm a foodie and I have a gluten sensitivity, so burgers/pizza/pasta doesn't work for me unless there are gluten-free options. I am staying at Sapphire Falls and Strong Water Tavern sounds perfect, so that is already on my list. I was wondering if Bice, in particular, has lounge seating with the full menu or if anyone has other recommendations at the resorts.

Confisco comes to mind, Finnegans I believe you can order from the regular menu at the bar, Margaritaville, Bubba Gumps, HR, Antojitos if I remember correctly??? Double check that one not positive. Jakes at RP.

There are quite a few and most of them can accommodate the Gluten requirement.

Speak to a server or BT.

Since you are asking primarily about the resorts, you`ll be ok.

At RP Jake`s and Orchids Sushi Lounge they both have bar seating, and the pool bar does too. All the pool bars have a bar to sit at. I can thoroughly recommend all the options at RP!!

As well as StrongWater Bar (Best bar on property) they have a smaller bar in Amatista, the restaurant on the lower level, you can order food at it too.

Aventura has Bar17 which is on the rooftop and the views are excellent.

HRH The Palm has a lovely little bar area just to the side of The Palm so you don`t have to sit in the main restaurant which can be rather noisy at times if you`re not in a booth.

It`s been 12 years since we`ve eaten in Bice so can`t say for certain if it does have a bar area.

You`ll have plenty of options though and as you have researched the parks and Citywalk you`ll know you have plenty of options.

As for Gluten Free, there are Gluten Free options everywhere.

Have you checked out damo`s menu thread? In case you haven`t here`s the link.....

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...do-including-menus-updated-regularly.2681315/
With the Covid-19 changes, it`s not certain bar seating is going to be available right now, but like everything else that can change by the day and what is correct today may not be correct tomorrow. Keep checking this and other outlets for up to date info.

Happy planning.......

Since you are asking primarily about the resorts, you`ll be ok.

At RP Jake`s and Orchids Sushi Lounge they both have bar seating, and the pool bar does too. All the pool bars have a bar to sit at. I can thoroughly recommend all the options at RP!!

As well as StrongWater Bar (Best bar on property) they have a smaller bar in Amatista, the restaurant on the lower level, you can order food at it too.

Aventura has Bar17 which is on the rooftop and the views are excellent.

HRH The Palm has a lovely little bar area just to the side of The Palm so you don`t have to sit in the main restaurant which can be rather noisy at times if you`re not in a booth.

It`s been 12 years since we`ve eaten in Bice so can`t say for certain if it does have a bar area.

You`ll have plenty of options though and as you have researched the parks and Citywalk you`ll know you have plenty of options.

As for Gluten Free, there are Gluten Free options everywhere.

Have you checked out damo`s menu thread? In case you haven`t here`s the link.....

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...do-including-menus-updated-regularly.2681315/
With the Covid-19 changes, it`s not certain bar seating is going to be available right now, but like everything else that can change by the day and what is correct today may not be correct tomorrow. Keep checking this and other outlets for up to date info.

Happy planning.......

Thanks for the suggestions, I hadn’t thought of The Palm, but their menu is great and I would rather eat at the bar there than the dining room at Bice. I also hadn’t thought of Bar17, I will check out the menu.

My trip isn’t until the end of August, I hope that there are more dining options open by then.

Thanks for the suggestions, I hadn’t thought of The Palm, but their menu is great and I would rather eat at the bar there than the dining room at Bice. I also hadn’t thought of Bar17, I will check out the menu.

My trip isn’t until the end of August, I hope that there are more dining options open by then.

You are welcome.

Yes, by end of August there should be more options available for you then....well, I would hope....lol.....agree about The Palm.....one of our favourite onsite restaurants, if not the favourite.

With Bar17....if it`s at all breezy......don`t wear a floaty skirt or dress......yes, personal experience.......:rotfl:It gets very breezy up there, but the views are lovely.

I go solo all the time and always sit at the bar.
There are usually others to strike up a conversation with as well as the bartenders.
Unfortunately we may not see as much of this over the next year.

The only place I can think of that does not have a bar is Mythos.
From what I understand the bar area's were allowed to open last Friday (not sure they did).
I'd guess with limited seating they wont be too happy to sit a solo at a table.

You will have a wonderful time at Universal.

The Sapphire Falls is a beautiful welcoming Resort. The Amatista restaurant downstairs is very good.

I travel solo also to Universal at times and always have felt ok wherever I sit.

The menus for the restaurants at CityWalk, Resorts and parks can be viewed on the Universal website. Have fun exploring.

Have a great time planning and visiting Universal Orlando.

399E83CF-9BDF-41AA-87E0-11A041CD8A1A.gif

73C00B54-0684-4802-8D74-5996DC84E8AB.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter