Dining changes

That is how I read it, I think the reason is that if you can’t do an ADR right now, and have the dining plan, you are paying for credits that can’t be used,

I am surprised they are canceling everything through the end of the year. Wow.

That is how I read it, I think the reason is that if you can’t do an ADR right now, and have the dining plan, you are paying for credits that can’t be used,

I am surprised they are canceling everything through the end of the year. Wow.
They modified the announcement and removed “through the end of the year”. I don’t know what the significance of that might be but there must be something important enough to merit an edit.

Has anyone using DVC points received the email? I have not received one and I have tickets in MDE, but they weren't purchased thru Disney.

Yes, DVC purchased dining plans will cancel. It's all plans.

I've been pointing out that the free dining offer was fated to be a disaster because they are going to bee drastically reducing capacity at all TS eateries. You're in other people's laps at so many.

Reactions: cm8
Yes, DVC purchased dining plans will cancel. It's all plans.

I've been pointing out that the free dining offer was fated to be a disaster because they are going to bee drastically reducing capacity at all TS eateries. You're in other people's laps at so many.
Are we really sure all dining plans are canceled? It seems strange to have the added language "included in packages" if their intent is to cancel all dining plans. Normally language like that is only included to create exceptions. The dining plans purchased by DVC members are not part of a package.

Are we really sure all dining plans are canceled? It seems strange to have the added language "included in packages" if their intent is to cancel all dining plans. Normally language like that is only included to create exceptions. The dining plans purchased by DVC members are not part of a package.

yes, it's all of them. Technically in system, Dining Plan is always considered a package, regardless of room booking (or tickets).

My assumption is that once Disney got the capacity numbers back from all the restaurants, that they realized that at about 25 to 40% capacity with social distancing that in some time frames they had already oversold capacity just from dining plans.

Has anyone talked to anyone at DVC about the Dining Plans? I just got a message from someone who says they talked to member services and they were told that no official decision has been made on Dining Plans purchased for a DVC stay.

Has anyone talked to anyone at DVC about the Dining Plans? I just got a message from someone who says they talked to member services and they were told that no official decision has been made on Dining Plans purchased for a DVC stay.

I would be shocked if they allow them to stay as the said they had to remove DDP from packages since they have to limit dining

I would be shocked if they allow them to stay as the said they had to remove DDP from packages since they have to limit dining
I would be too, but there does seem to be a lack of communication even inside of Disney right now. I just settle for getting my money back on it at this point. Of course there is no timeline on any of the refunds from what I understand.

Based upon how close most of the tables are in restaurants (looking at you Le Cellier, and you San Angel Inn), it would not surprise me to see that the capacity of table service restaurants is only 25% with social distancing. With free dining promotions, you're pushing people into table services. With DDP, you're pushing people into table services. The only way there will be enough capacity to feed even the reduced capacity is to eliminate DDP and free dining promotions.

In addition, with the lottery (they call it reservation) system to get into a particular park, you can't guarantee that you'll be able to have a meal in the park on any particular day because you aren't guaranteed entrance into that park. So, in-park dining reservations had to go. Because everyone would have booked a backup reservation outside the park in case they didn't win the lottery to get into the park they wanted, that means outside the park reservations also had to go.

It's a set of dominos falling...

The first ADR to be removed from MDE...a table for 8 at Yachtsman. I have a feeling that booking ADRs for large parties is not going to be easy.

yes, it's all of them. Technically in system, Dining Plan is always considered a package, regardless of room booking (or tickets).

Yes you'll find that out quickly after adding a DDP to a room only booking and then trying to modify or cancel in the standard room only 5 day window. Once you add that DDP its a package and the modifications policies revert back to the standard 30 days for packages.

That almost bit us in the butt once when I found an amazing last minute deal on a Poly Bungalow via rented points. I did that 6 days before our arrival date thinking I was good to cancel my cash only room. But nope I had added a DDP after that fact and it became a "package". Luckily the CM I worked with was understanding and cancelled for us with no fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter