dining changes on the fantasy

cmash95

a princess at heart
just got off the fantasy and the dining rotation has changed. the first three nights the regular dining menus were offered and then pirate night in all reastaurants . day five is where things changed. in royal palace they served the captains gala menu each night through the rest of the cruise. enchanted garden had the prince and princess menu each night and animators palate had it's own special menu. no more see you real soon. not sure if this is a test or now the norm.

just got off the fantasy and the dining rotation has changed. the first three nights the regular dining menus were offered and then pirate night in all reastaurants . day five is where things changed. in royal palace they served the captains gala menu each night through the rest of the cruise. enchanted garden had the prince and princess menu each night and animators palate had it's own special menu. no more see you real soon. not sure if this is a test or now the norm.
I was on the same cruise. I spoke to my server and he explained that lobster tails are only served in the Royal Court. In the past they had the Captain Gala (lobster night) on the last sea day. As a result, this change must have eliminated the see you real soon night.

This seems in line with the Classic ships. With the addition of the dinner show restaurants (TP and RRT,) the Classics have essentially moved to this model as well where each restaurant essentially has two signature menus. Honestly, I kind of prefer it since, if you end up in AP on a good menu night, you miss choices due to the animation show.

Good and bad (for us cruisers) can be very subjective (especially when you’re taking about food), thus I would say it’s simply different.

This seems in line with the Classic ships. With the addition of the dinner show restaurants (TP and RRT,) the Classics have essentially moved to this model as well where each restaurant essentially has two signature menus. Honestly, I kind of prefer it since, if you end up in AP on a good menu night, you miss choices due to the animation show.

They changed the AP menu on the animation show night. It is a regular menu now, no more one choice for appetizer/soup-salad courses. It was actually a very good menu. I love the animation show, but didn't care for the menu and had been trying to convince DH to skip it and do Palo instead. I'm glad we chose to stay with the regular rotation

That change was already in place when we sailed on the first Very Merrytime cruise on the Fantasy last month (11/10, Western). I like the change for the AP menu and also enjoyed the others. We usually do Palo on Pirate Night, and did so again this cruise.

I am cruising in May and I'm a little concerned about this menu change. Does this have any change on formal night? Before formal night was always on Captain Gala menu night.

I was also really looking forward to the beef welington on see you real soon night. Is the beef wellington not offered anymore?

I am cruising in May and I'm a little concerned about this menu change. Does this have any change on formal night? Before formal night was always on Captain Gala menu night.

I was also really looking forward to the beef welington on see you real soon night. Is the beef wellington not offered anymore?

The Captain's Gala menu has usually been on the semi-formal night, or night 6, on the 7 night cruises. The formal night is usually the second night of the cruise when the MDRs are each serving their own menus. The Captain's Reception is on the formal night, night 2. A lot of people get that confused because it would seem logical for the Captain's Reception night to be the same night the Captain's Gala menu is served, but they've been on separate nights since at least 2015 when I sailed on my first 7 night cruise. The menu changes shouldn't impact which night is formal night.

I can't help you with the question about the beef wellington since I haven't sailed since they've made this change.

I am sailing on the Fantasy in March 2019.

So can I ask when are Formal Night and SemiFormal Night? Do they rotate based on the dining room or are they on the At Sea nights?

Do I understand this new rotation as:
Saturday: Embarkation: MDR
Sunday: At Sea: MDR
Monday: Cozumel: MDR
Tuesday: Grand Cayman: Pirates Menu
Wednesday: Falmouth: RC: Captain's Gala Menu; EG: Prince & Princess Menu; AP: Special Menu
Thursday: At Sea: RC: Captain's Gala; EG: Prince & Princess Menu; AP: Special Menu
Friday: Castaway Cay: RC: Captain's Gala; EG: Prince & Princess Menu; AP Special Menu

So can I ask when are Formal Night and SemiFormal Night? Do they rotate based on the dining room or are they on the At Sea nights?

Wednesday: Falmouth: RC: Captain's Gala Menu; EG: Prince & Princess Menu; AP: Special Menu
Thursday: At Sea: RC: Captain's Gala; EG: Prince & Princess Menu; AP: Special Menu
Friday: Castaway Cay: RC: Captain's Gala; EG: Prince & Princess Menu; AP Special Menu
Pirate night is on Cozumel, I don't know how that will effect the menus. I'm sailing in January so haven't experienced anything yet.

Typically, formal night is the first sea day (night). That's usually night 2. Ande semiformal is night 6 (usually, also, a sea day).

I don't see that changing. It just means that the formal night menu will be the signature menu for whatever dining room you're in that night. And the two formerly formal/semiformal night menus are served on night 6 in 2 of the dining rooms.

I don't see that changing. It just means that the formal night menu will be the signature menu for whatever dining room you're in that night. And the two formerly formal/semiformal night menus are served on night 6 in 2 of the dining rooms.

But that is exactly what IS different now. Rather than all (or even just 2)of the restaurants serving the same thing on any given night, they all serve their own menu. So, on semi-formal night, you might have the animation menu (A,) Captain's Gala (R,) or Prince and Princess (E). No more same menu across the ship on any night but pirate.

In terms of good/bad/indifferent, it's actually probably good. This way if there's a menu you really dislike, you might be able to request food from another dining room.

But that is exactly what IS different now. Rather than all (or even just 2)of the restaurants serving the same thing on any given night, they all serve their own menu. So, on semi-formal night, you might have the animation menu (A,) Captain's Gala (R,) or Prince and Princess (E). No more same menu across the ship on any night but pirate.

In terms of good/bad/indifferent, it's actually probably good. This way if there's a menu you really dislike, you might be able to request food from another dining room.
I think it may also be a good thing for the kitchens onboard. Each dining room only does 3 menus then.

Pirate night is on Cozumel, I don't know how that will effect the menus. I'm sailing in January so haven't experienced anything yet.

FYI - Pirate night is on Falmouth day for the Fantasy (Wednesday)- not Cozumel on the Western itinerary. It has been that way for at least the last 3 cruises I have taken over the last year and a half on the Fantasy.

FYI - Pirate night is on Falmouth day for the Fantasy (Wednesday)- not Cozumel on the Western itinerary. It has been that way for at least the last 3 cruises I have taken over the last year and a half on the Fantasy.
Not for my cruise. It was originally and they moved it to Cozumel. I'm sailing concierge and had asked to dine in Palo on the pirate night so they called me about the change to see if I was okay with it being on that new day. I checked on the Disney site and it looks like for January-beginning of March it's listed on the Cozumel day. After that it doesn't have a mention of when the pirate night is falling.

Not for my cruise. It was originally and they moved it to Cozumel. I'm sailing concierge and had asked to dine in Palo on the pirate night so they called me about the change to see if I was okay with it being on that new day. I checked on the Disney site and it looks like for January-beginning of March it's listed on the Cozumel day. After that it doesn't have a mention of when the pirate night is falling.

We are sailing over xmas and on the site it still lists Pirate night as Falmouth.... I guess changing it up in 2019? Wonder why...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter