Dining at Disneyland Paris.... what should and shouldn't we miss?

nursejackie

DIS Veteran
We are heading to DLP (Santa Fe Hotel 31st March - 4th April) for the first time in 22 years. After many years of visiting WDW at Christmas, it's very weird not having any ADRs or fastpasses booked. Dining is usually a big part of our Disney trips but I am concerned about the offerings at DLP to be honest. Trip Advisor reviews are defintely more negative than positive.

Where should we avoid, and what do you recommend? We like a mixture of QS and TS so any recommendations/warnings gratefully received.

If you have any must dos I for TS I would recommend booking them ASAP. IF you cant get what you want showing up when they open is also a good idea.

I agree, look at the menus and see what appeals to you, and keep your expectations low.
I wouldn't go by TripAdvisor, as I feel the people posting on there in general don't understand that themepark food, QS or TS is different from a regular restaurant.

also remember that the food in Disneyland is for European tastes.

The buffets have generally the same food, ie the food in Restaurant Des Stars and The Plaza is almost identical, and is European style food. Inventions buffet is again European style food but ranging on the fine dining.

Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost and Pizzeria Bella Notte have exactly the same pizzas.

You really need to look at the menus in each of the places

We are heading to DLP (Santa Fe Hotel 31st March - 4th April) for the first time in 22 years. After many years of visiting WDW at Christmas, it's very weird not having any ADRs or fastpasses booked. Dining is usually a big part of our Disney trips but I am concerned about the offerings at DLP to be honest. Trip Advisor reviews are defintely more negative than positive.

Where should we avoid, and what do you recommend? We like a mixture of QS and TS so any recommendations/warnings gratefully received.

I don’t see anyone actually giving you recommendations so - based on what I have read (our trip is in May) Remy can be a lot of fun with kids due to the theming. Same with the restaurant in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Walts seems to be a bit stuffy for kids.

Many people seem to eat outside of the parks and the quick service in the parks doesn’t seem to offer much.

Good luck!

Silver spur was like a ponderosa or bonanza. It was terrible and expensive. We were not impressed with any of the food there. We
Ate in a cute restaurant in the town but I don’t recall the name.

I’ve also seen good reviews for the character dining that has Cinderella’s mice. If my DS were more into characters we would probably do that as I have never seen the mice at WDW.

Depends like what you like but for atmosphere Chez Remy and Captain Jack's are good. Food wise we were actually pleasantly surprised at Cafe Mickey and the Cape Cod buffet is pretty good. We've got Inventions and the Princess lunch booked this trip. I wasn't a fan of Aneette's Diner but that could be because I had the vegetarian burger. Quick serve wise...well they aren't any stand outs...fish and chips at toad hall and leave the park to go to Five guys.

Thanks, we will make some decisions today.

For some of the restaurants you can book online - if you go to the Belgium or Netherlands website. I was able to book Remy and Jack’s this morning on my laptop - iPad did not work.

Edited to add - I was able to book more than 60 days out. Our trip is in May.

If Pirates is closed in June as per the schedule, would Captain Jacks close as well? Would it reduce the atmosphere if the ride was closed but not the restaurant?

If Pirates is closed in June as per the schedule, would Captain Jacks close as well? Would it reduce the atmosphere if the ride was closed but not the restaurant?

Usually yes, if Pirates is closed, then the restaurant is closed. Same thing happens in Disneyland California :)

We like Annette’s and eat there on most trips. Large portions and a nice atmosphere but you can’t book so get there before park closing to avoid long queues.

For theming Bistro Chez Remy is amazing. Also really like Walt’s and have been lucky enough to see the parade whilst eating a few times.

Cafe Mickey is great if you want to meet characters as is the Inventios buffet at the Disneyland Hotel.

We like the Steakhouse in the village and Rainforest Cafe too. Plaza Gardens is a lovely setting in the park near the castle for a buffet.

For quick service our favourites are Earl of Sandwich in the village and Hakuna Matata in Adventureland. Big portions here easily shared. I also really like the theme in Lucky Nugget Saloon in Frontierland.

Be mindful that you pay more no matter where you eat and that for restaurants with characters or theming, you’re paying for that experience and not necessarily amazing food.

My own favourite is the Agrabah which has great food with loads of choice for vegetarians. The authentic Moroccan and Middle Eastern buffet cuisine and terrific theming in the seating areas makes it a not-to-be missed experience in my opinion.

We will be there for the first time this summer. How good is Disney at handling food allergies at both CS and TS restaurants? Also, how are rides and shows if we do not know much French?

We will be there for the first time this summer. How good is Disney at handling food allergies at both CS and TS restaurants? Also, how are rides and shows if we do not know much French?

I can't help with the first part as I do not have any allergies. That said, I have not read reviews people saying this was a problem.
Most of the times you should be able to come by to explain it in English. If It is not a common allergy, I would learn the explanation in French or bring a card with you with the French translation.

For the language issue, I have written a bit about language in this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/faq-1st-time-visitors-crowds-weather-language-wifi.3736354/

You can also check YouTube to are how much French is used on rides and shows.

Last edited:
Is there any other way to make reservations besides over the phone/ in person?

Here are our favorites.

Note: we usually brace ourselves when visiting Disney parks... we like healthy food and we like fine dinning, so we know we’re going into junk-food land and set our expectations and standards accordingly.

Visiting Paris the transition is even harder between the food in Paris (omg lord have mercy), and the food in DLP...

Hopefully this will put our recommendations in perspective. :)

1. Silver Spur. Great meat. Returned a few times.

2. Agrabah cafe - best buffet. Went with big family and everyone found lots of things they liked. Good value for money too.

3. Walt’s was a nice quiet break and awesome view from a window table - food was “faux-fine-dining”, but was ok and refreshing after getting used to junk food for a couple of days :) closest to what you expect to eat in France lol ;)

4. Annette’s Diner - fun, decent burgers & shakes, great service. Came back a few times.

5. There was a juice/shake cart at the village, it was great having some fresh fruit (especially with a baby). Went there daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!