Dining Arrangements for Group of 21

SweetCaroline

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know how they will seat a group of 21 at dinner? We are a family reunion group consisting of 7 cabins. Will they do one large table or a couple of smaller tables? Can I call prior to our sailing?

Thanks,
Caroline

It will be a couple of smaller table together probably. I did see one group with a large table, but they only had about 12 people. Did you book through DCL? You can call the cruise reservation line and have them "link" all of your reservations together so that they know you are a group, and then also request that it be noted that you want to dine together. The group reservation phone number is 1-800-511-6333, and the regular reservation number is 1-800-951-3532.

Last year we cruised with DH's family (about 20 people - 6 cabins). We were at a grouping of tables in each restaurant. Usually 10 at one table and then 2 other tables of 6 and 4 each.

HTH!
JenC

We had a group of 14 and were seated at one large table in the middle of each dining room. I do not think it would be able to hold any more than that.

We have also cruised with 16 and were put at three different tables in the same section of the dining room...had the same servers for all 3 tables.

MJ

Thanks everyone. I called DCL and our reservations are linked. They said that tables are set in groups of 4, 6, or 8 people so she thought they might do 2 tables of 8 and 1 table of 6. She wasn't sure what they would do, but said we would all be together and could just sit whereever we wanted within our tables.

Thanks again!

Here's a twist to your question. On our recent trip 3/22/03- it was just me DH and me. A large party of 22 were split up between 3 tables, in this formation --- l --- . You guessed it, we were sitted at the middle table with a family of 3 kids. The father was facing the table on the right. They were opening wine bottles, toasting, etc. The mother was facing the table on the left, same routine. The children's friends were all seated at the table on the right. The children were up and down at the meat going to their friends, dad was furious because they were not with their friends and equally ticked because we were there. We tried to keep conversation light (being a kdg and high school teacher we can relate to children and adults) and make the best of it. But no.......the father was a jerk. The tenseness at the table was evident. It was the worst experience on the ship......we requested a table change immediately after dinner....and in all fairness to the other family.....they should have never split them up from their friends so totally. It was so bad my husband said to me during a really noisy period (3 yr. crying, two others fighting) "Do you want to get really seasick and go to the room?" We were moved the next night to another table-the other couple had sat with a couple that requested a change to late seating. Both of us were moved the third night across the room to a table of six, meeting a couple moving from late to early seating. The second night and then after on was a wonderful experience, and we looked forward to dinner!!!!!!!!!! Tipping was a nightmare......crossing the room involved all new servers, etc.

Lil,

I hope they don't put anyone with us. Not because I want to be alone, but I don't think it is fair to the party that has to sit with us.

However, we are a very fun bunch and if they do sit someone with us, I am very certain they will be thought of as our long, lost relatives!

-Caroline

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter