difficult dates

mkandk

Mouseketeer
OK, I'm trying to set up a trip with my mother, my sister, and my husband and 2 kids for Thanksgiving week. My kids are out the week of Thanksgiving, but (darnit) my sister HAS to work on Tuesday. I'm thinking a four-day trip is about the best we can do--airfare looks like it will work out, but I'm having a stinker of a time finding a good deal on hotel for 6 people. So much for the $39 deals...can anybody point me in the right direction? Should I fib, and say 2 adults and 2 kids? Even though the suites say they can sleep up to 6, they won't let me get just one room.

TIA,

Have you thought about going on and letting your sister come when she gets off Tuesday? I sure hate to see anybody have to give up available vacation time! LOL

Also, have you looked at Buena Vista Suites for their $55 rate (includes a hot breakfast buffet). I know those units will hold up to 6 (2 beds in the BR and a sleeper couch in the LR). I don't understand why some of the suites are telling you that you have to have more than one room (maybe I'm missing something), but if they sleep up to 6, they should accomodate you (I know that they have for us in the past).

If you are planning on renting a car, you might want to consider a house (there are some good rates now). That would provide a lot more privacy considering you have mother, sister, husband, and children. The kitchen saves on meal costs, and you have your own pool (which can be heated).

Have a great trip!

I hope I'm not way off base, but I thought I read somewhere that there was a fire code that limited hotels to 5 people max per room. I think this is why they can not give you a room registered for 6 people even if it sleeps 6.

Holiday Inn Family Suites?? There is a deal going on right now for buy one night get one free, up to 5 nights (meaning 10 total nights stay). There are several threads on this board with links and toll free numbers - good luck :)

As far as your dates go can you fly down and have your sister meet you a few days later so you can have more time?

Thanks for the ideas, guys. Unfortunately, my sister doesn't drive so we need to wait until she can go with us. That's good news about the buy one night, get one night free, though. We were leaning toward the Holiday Inn suites already. And they did let us put 4 adults, 2 kids in one room. I can't remember which site wasn't working for 6 people.

But hey, do you guys think it's going to be really crowded the week of/before Thanksgiving? Maybe I should try to do it in December and just take the kids out of school.

I purchased an unused timeshare off of eBay this summer and it worked out great. I just did it again for next February. When searching I noticed a few Thanksgiving time weeks up for sale. Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/

Just type in Orlando under search, then sort the results by highest priced first. Tha actual time shares appear first but then you'll see a number of rental weeks priced from $100 - $1000. Make sure to deal with someone with a number of positive feedbacks.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter