Different pins per guests magic band?

0FF TO NEVERLAND

DIS Veteran
Hi

Question:

I am resetting my pin on the app. I am curious cause last time I went, my guest's magic band pin did not work and couldn't figure out why. We assumed it was my pin that I loaded into MDE

Does each guest on the same reservation set there own pin in the app?? I assumed if I set mine, it works for the guests on the reservations magic band

Thanks

Last edited:
My friend and I were on the same reservation and we had different PIN numbers

Thanks.

New question

So my pin is set up and my card is stored to mde. I have my guest added to my Disney experience and were all linked up

When she goes to set her pin, it says she has no card stored and that she can add one

How do I make it so anything she charges goes on the card I have set on my account?

I assumed since I’m the main account holder who added her, that she’d piggy back off mine.

Thanks.

I remember when I did online check in, it asked me if I wanted to apply the same PIN to everyone on the reservation. There might be a check box under where you set up your PIN.

Thanks.

New question

So my pin is set up and my card is stored to mde. I have my guest added to my Disney experience and were all linked up

When she goes to set her pin, it says she has no card stored and that she can add one

How do I make it so anything she charges goes on the card I have set on my account?

I assumed since I’m the main account holder who added her, that she’d piggy back off mine.

Thanks.

You may have to add her credit card at check in then she can set her own pin and charge to her account, I don't think you can do this prior or via online check in. My sil always joins us and we just give the CM her ccd in addition to mine, we then go back to get a printout later that day or the next morning to make sure the correct cards are being charged.

You may have to add her credit card at check in then she can set her own pin and charge to her account, I don't think you can do this prior or via online check in. My sil always joins us and we just give the CM her ccd in addition to mine, we then go back to get a printout later that day or the next morning to make sure the correct cards are being charged.

I assume I can just add my same card to her account?

A couple years ago my friend set up her pin and own cc in her mde which was linked to mine. She charged most stuff to her MB while I used a gc for most of mine. When we went to check everything before check out they'd charged everything to my card because we didn't set her card up at the front desk. I think it defaults to charging everything to the one card on file unless you change it at the desk. We know now for our Nov trip she needs to go to the desk and have it set up for her card.

I also believe that the PIN is connected to a certain CC. So if you have only 1 CC then all MB's must use the same PIN.

Alright so I called member services, and the minute I asked about resort pins, they transferred me over to someone who I assume thought I was at the resort and stuck, cause she sounded like she was in one lol

Anyway, I was told that the person I am going with has to set up the pin at the front desk and let the front desk know I want whatever she charges set to charge on the room and my card I have attached to it

Even know she is on my friends and family list, since she has her own MDE, she can't set it up.

I forgot to ask her if I gotta do it again for the second resort since I’m doing a split stay but I’m pretty positive yes

Last edited:
Our experience has been that all of the charges made on a guest's MB will automatically charge to the credit card attached to the room reservation if they are on the reservation unless you stop at the front desk and have different arrangements made. For example, our adult son has his own MDX account with his own pin. But when he is a guest on our reservation his charges get billed to our credit card. We don't have to stop at the front desk and tell them that we want his charges billed to our credit card, it just automatically happens because he is in our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter