Did your waitlist come through?

disEAR

DVC Member
We are waitlisted at AKL and Contemporary Dec 28-31, can anyone speak to their own experience with a waitlist?

Happy trails

We were rarely successful so we bought where we want to stay and don't waitlist.

:earsboy: Bill

Only tried Waitlisting twice, once at SSR and once at Boardwalk, and it didn’t come through. On the other hand, I have often cancelled reservations on ‘booked out’ properties, so I’m sure SOMEONE was happy on the Waitist

We are waitlisted at AKL and Contemporary Dec 28-31, can anyone speak to their own experience with a waitlist?

Happy trails

For those dates, I surely hope you've been on the waitlist for a while. :cutie: Busiest week of the year, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I've been a member over 25 years. I have waitlisted countless times over these years, and more times than not I get what I am waitlisted for. BUT, most of the time I am getting on the waitlist months in advance, most often at the 7 month booking window or close to it. I have waitlisted as little as a couple of months out and gotten what I had waitlisted. I just had a few waitlists come through for Vero Beach for Memorial Day week. I could only do 2 w/l at a time, so as soon as one would come through, I would start another. I had 3 different Inn rooms and wanted Ocean View for all of them, which was not available when I first booked.

The waitlist DOES work, but if you are looking for a super high demand time, and/or a super low quantity room (standard views at BW, Grand Villas, etc.), it does make your odds less good.

Good luck! pixiedust:

My last waitlist for one night for my upcoming September trip did not come through for a Sunday night at either okw or SSR. After 4 weeks, I grabbed a studio at okw HH when it showed up on the RAT. I was waitlisted for a regular okw studio.

We have usually gotten what we want when waitlisted. Most recently a one night bcv 1 bedroom stay in September. However, we need one more night in a 1bed akv concierge room over spring break. Have been on the waitlist since very close to 11 month mark and no luck. Still time though!

I've also ended up cancelling rooms/resorts that are tougher to book so I know waitlists have come through for others too! Good luck!

Well, I have a two bedroom lake view at BLT FOR THOSE DATES. At 11 months I was shut out of standard view, so I have a waitlist for a standard view since then. It is not even a lot of points that I would save, it’s more like the principal of the thing.

I get a waitlist more often than not, maybe 60% are filled. They are rarely for a whole vacation, just when I want to add a day or two. Mostly I book 11 months out.

Yes!

We were waitlisting Polynesian as 2nd choice and BLT as first.

Poly went through which we were happy about. Then a few weeks later BLT came through - even happier!
We booked about 3 months before, ans waitlisted at the same time.

I have had most of my waitlists come through, but they were never more than one night. When I have had waitlists for multiple nights (3+), they have never come through. Right now, I am on a waitlist for a Fri-Sun (3 nights) in a near-HH studio at OKW in October. I went on the waitlist at precisely 8am at the 7-month window and I am now just under 100 days out. I have a non-HH-studio booked for those days so I do have a reservation, but we'd much rather be near the main building. I've been stalking the RAT, but unless all three days open up, I'm not interested in getting stuck with a split-stay among only 3 nights. I haven't seen ANY nights in a near-HH studio available in October for several weeks now so unless there is a rash of cancellations at the 31-day mark, I don't think this waitlist is going to be successful. Fortunately, since it is the same number of points, I am keeping it active until 7 days out, just in case of a miracle.

Last edited:
I'm currently wait listed for an early Dec stay at BWV, I made the request in Feb (10 mths out) and I'm still waiting...and hoping...if it comes through great it was meant to be. If not so be it, it wasn't meant to be...

To answer you question, I have wait listed several times and I have been lucky every time in the past. This time may be the exception...keeping my fingers crossed. I have to mention that all my previous requests never involved the month of December which is a highly desired time of year for DVC...I'm hoping the wait list gods like me...:)

We have gotten waitlists, but never more than 2 nights. We waitlisted for 3 nights at VGC in a 1-bedroom as 1 night and 2 nights, and the 1 night came through about 60 days in advance, and the other two nights came through 33 days in advance. I also this past February had booked 4 nights at Boardwalk - the first night was a Pool/Garden view, and the next 3 nights were a Boardwalk view room - so we waitlisted the first night as a Boardwalk view room, and it came through like 2-3 days later. It wasn't even that important anyways, because we thought we were going to cancel that first night - and turned out we did, so someone ELSE got their waitlist on it.

I have done a few other waitlists, but have cancelled them after a short time. I haven't tried to waitlist a lot to be honest, mostly because I've had to often borrow points and don't want to mess up my point plans. We've been pretty successful at getting what we want on the first try though.

I’ve had a 2 br. standard view @ Jambo for one night - 12/8 - waitlisted since about the 9 months out point and it hasn’t filled. I’ve also been stalking the RAT & nada. I’ll most likely cancel the waitlist by the end of this month as I need to bank those points for next year if the waitlist doesn’t fill & my deadline to do that is the end of this month, plus if it were to fill it would wreck havoc on my airline tickets. As nice as it would be to stay the extra night I’m not optimistic.
Generally, I’ve had better success stalking the RAT.

We have had pretty decent luck with it.

We are staying 7 nights in October BCV. About two months ago, I decided to add a night and had to waitlist (wanted to use 12 banked points). I have/had BCV and OKW. Today my waitlist for OKW 1 night came through. Still waitlisted for BCV so we don't have to move. (we will be fine if it does not come through.)

I was able to get one night, January 1st, in a 1 bedroom SV room at BWV, via waitlist. I changed my early December trip in the beginning of June and the waitlist came through in about 2 weeks. But, it was only 1 night and for a 1 bedroom which is easier to get.

There seems to be a fairly consistent pattern to peoples posts - it mostly seems like waitlists come through when they are limited to 1-3 days. I haven't seen a post yet here (admittedly a small sample size) that claims they got a full week on the waitlist. I am tempted to start a thread "What is the longest waitlist you've ever successfully gotten." Be curious to see what the answer is.

Happy trails
Yes! We got into a waitlist during busy East break at BWV one year. We had to switch rooms though during the stay (first night one room, remaining nights in another room), but this was before kids so we didn’t mind much. I believe we stayed 4 nights total maybe? It was a 1 bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!