Did you ever (car rental)

rip109

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me if they have ever rented a minivan to drive from their home to WDW? We are taking a 2 week vacation this summer and would like to rent a van for it, but am curious about the cost. We would be driving from CT to Fla. If anyone has done this could they let me know. Thanks!

We checked into doing this 3 years ago, but the cost was astronomical! If I remember correctly to rent a van for 2 weeks (from Chicago area) was just under $1200! I shudder to think how much it would be now! That was the cheapest, and we tried Budget, Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, and even a couple of car dealerships who rent cars. The rental car prices in Florida are much cheaper than in this area. We found it was chaper to fly and rent a car than it was to rent for 2 weeks. Good luck--you may find a better deal than we did.

We thought of doing that too but the cost of renting a van for two weeks in NJ was more than Airfare and renting a car so... I just found a flight on the usair site for 150.00 round trip per person in August. I also got a rental car intermediate 4 door for 9days for 150 with tax etc. We are flying from Philly on direct flights. We will be returning on a very late flight but our kids are older and can hang.

Thanks for the information, this is what we have been finding also. We will hope that we can find affordable airfare between now and August.

I did it two years ago with Avis and I just happened to get a promo they were having at the time but still for 10 days it was almost $500 and unlimited mileage, would I advise someone to do it? NO!! It didn't save us much and it killed us to drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter