Did what I said I would never do...

I did the same thing with VGF last summer. And I thought I would be good for a while with 300 points. That was quite a few points ago, lol.

Whatever you do, don't buy an annual pass!
OMG-- you are so right. I probably wouldn't be having a full on case of addonitis if we hadn't realized in Mar that Sorcerer's Pass was cheaper than buying tix separately for our two planned trips for 2024…now we’ve tacked on a 3rd 5 day trip (we already have the tickets!) and we’re out of all 2024 points (taking us all the way to June 2025), and are talking about maybe trying to fit in a trip for Tiana AP preview…., and one more next Feb before our passes expire…so I’m just casually trolling for another 75-125 points, or maaaaaybe 150 if we can get a great deal. 🙈🤣

OMG-- you are so right. I probably wouldn't be having a full on case of addonitis if we hadn't realized in Mar that Sorcerer's Pass was cheaper than buying tix separately for our two planned trips for 2024…now we’ve tacked on a 3rd 5 day trip (we already have the tickets!) and we’re out of all 2024 points (taking us all the way to June 2025), and are talking about maybe trying to fit in a trip for Tiana AP preview…., and one more next Feb before our passes expire…so I’m just casually trolling for another 75-125 points, or maaaaaybe 150 if we can get a great deal. 🙈🤣
Yep, DVC + AP is a stone cold killer (of your savings)

(with a 1 BR booked at Riv over new years).
Best place over new year's!! From most standard rooms (we've never seen otherwise) we've had great views of Epcot and MK fireworks.
Sorcerer's Pass
My younger daughter had to one-up everyone and get born on Thanksgiving. And we haven't done a birthday trip for her in her memory, so ... Sorcerer's Pass waits another year... 🦃

Yep, DVC + AP is a stone cold killer (of your savings)
This is true. Dangerous combo!

Last spring we were contemplating 150 vs 200 BCV resale contracts. Got the 200 just in case we needed the extra points... While awaiting settlement the APs returned and we had an upcoming trip so we figured, gee why not go ahead and buy APs which would be half covered by our upcoming tickets and then we can take one more trip this year!...

Spoiler: In less than a year we're at nearly 500 pts across 3x home resorts, blue card thanks to VGF fire sale, Sorcerer passes, and 4 trips now in that past year. And I am doing my absolute best to stop looking for just *one* more supplemental contract at one of our homes.

Sigh. The kids love it and so do we, wouldn't change a thing (aside from should have bought more during that VGF fire sale!), but yeah, that was a bit disruptive to my savings plan!

Man the direct process is super easy. TOO easy if you ask me. We should be good on points for at least a few years though. (Famous last words)
This is so true. We did resale, direct, resale. First resale wasn't too bad, but the second one? It was brutal after knowing how much faster it would've been had we bought direct. I'm guessing our next contract will be direct, for the faster closing and ease of matching UYs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter