Did this really just happen?!?!?!

FigaroandFifi

Mouseketeer
So I went to the park twice last year, once in Feb. with my sister/friends for a girls trip and then again in Sept. with DH on our first "alone" trip. So we didn't make ANY plans to go in 2019. Well this morning guess what, he sends me a message and airplane emoji, then palm trees, then he writes fla. The next text just says Polynesian. Needless to say, I picked up the phone and called him. He said he is "thinking" about it for the fall but not to start making any plans yet. Then he said he wants the boys to come too. Sooo of course I said that the boys may not WANT to go back to Disney (I am not convinced our 16 yo will want to go again). He told me to talk to them tonight while he is at work and see what they say. I need pixie dust, I don't care if the kids come or not, I just want to go back and play in the parks!!!

Awww how exciting! I hope you have fun, with or without the kiddos lol :P

Crossing my fingers that pixie dust comes your way! I love the Poly. :) Come back and let us know if you end up booking!

If you are going to the Poly this fall you'd better hurry and book, if you still can. The deluxe resorts are filling up very fast due to Star Wars. Good luck!

I would book as soon as you can. I booked a bounceback and the pickings were slim for December.

As to the boys, do not be surprised if they want to come. My 17 YO DGD was thrilled to go back and she is a DIsney vet who has always appreciated alternative destinations in between WDW.

We have four boys and have been going since the oldest was 4. The youngest is now 17 and we are going back in July. Super excited to go back and two are taking girlfriends for their first trip.

My boys are 21 & 25 and they still never say no ! We go without them every other trip and they still moan about that.

I hope you get to book it! My 15 year old is like your 16 year old. He loved our first trip, when he was 12. He was 15 for our second and liked it much less. He sat out a lot of rides and used his phone instead. I don't think it's all the age, I think a lot of it is just him and his personality. My younger 2 will probably always love Disney trips, even as teens. We're not making any plans to go back with the kids right now because of him. We'll probably wait until he's in college so that he can choose whether to come with us or have us go when he's not home on break.

I would take them. Who cares if a few days they hide in the hotel room and watch TV or play on their phones, sleep or whatever.
Mine are 19,& 20 year old sons and one 23 old daughter. My daughter loves to go go go and my sons have their lazy lay around days and then their full out run the park days. My husband & I make plans and just say who is with us today and who is not? Then we go have a ball with or without them!
WOOHOO it is Disney! Nothing is stopping us.:tigger:

If you are going to the Poly this fall you'd better hurry and book, if you still can. The deluxe resorts are filling up very fast due to Star Wars. Good luck!

Oh nooooo! I am still not sure of dates or how many yet!!! I don't want to just book something. BUT I called Disney to get an idea as to what I might be looking at playing with a few different dates and the person said that they do NOT have free dining in October or November and they usually do so he is guessing that SW may be opening in that timeframe. I am looking at end of September either way. AND it looks like maybe it is just DH and I!!! It looks like they boys will stay with their aunt!! Will keep you all posted. I am soo excited about this!!

Oh nooooo! I am still not sure of dates or how many yet!!! I don't want to just book something. BUT I called Disney to get an idea as to what I might be looking at playing with a few different dates and the person said that they do NOT have free dining in October or November and they usually do so he is guessing that SW may be opening in that timeframe. I am looking at end of September either way. AND it looks like maybe it is just DH and I!!! It looks like they boys will stay with their aunt!! Will keep you all posted. I am soo excited about this!!

Two things: first, the CM was totally wrong about October & November usually being included with free dining. The majority of those months have been blocked out for many years.

Second, the current free dining offer must be booked by February 10th......tomorrow. So if you are even a little interested in free dining, book something today!

Edit to add: you can always try to alter your dates or resort after the promotion ends. Guest services would need to help with that. But unless the promo gets extended, you will be out of luck if you aren’t booked already.

Last edited:
Have fun with your hubby! I am sure it will be :tinker:MAGICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going in 28 days!:earsgirl::earsboy:
We have never went without our kids, this will be our first time:earboy2:
I am so nervous and excited! :stitch:

Have fun with your hubby! I am sure it will be :tinker:MAGICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going in 28 days!:earsgirl::earsboy:
We have never went without our kids, this will be our first time:earboy2:
I am so nervous and excited! :stitch:

We went last September for just a couple of day without the kids and OMG it was one of the best trips EVER!! No joke! Even DH said how nice and relaxing it was for us without the boys. We didn't feel the need to "do" anything, we just walked around F&W, had colorful drinks, went to the pool, oh yeah, we went to the parks too and DH did his first MNSSHP! We even went and walked around Disney Springs without having to go to any particular store, lol. Enjoy your trip, I know it was really great for us to have just that little bit of time to worry about just us.

Well it is beginning to look like we will take the boys, shucks! LOL. Anyway, still nothing decided yet but since we are leaning towards bringing the kids, we are leaning toward staying in AofA. The boys love Pop but all 4 of us in a Pop room is a little to croweded, lol. I like the suites in Art for just that little bit of extra room and I LOVE the extra bathroom! especially when we are all trying to get ready to head out! Hopefully in the next couple of days we will have it nailed down and will know for sure what we are doing. I would rather go alone this trip and then take the boys next summer but eh, we will see what happens. Still need lots of Pixie Dust!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!