Did the braised pork change at BOG?

720L

DIS Veteran
I just read on the Disney Parks Blog that there is a new Coque Au Vin dish that has chicken in it.....I'm hoping its 2 different dishes ( 1 pork 1 chicken) available? If someone goes soon could you investigate please?

I just read on the Disney Parks Blog that there is a new Coque Au Vin dish that has chicken in it.....I'm hoping its 2 different dishes ( 1 pork 1 chicken) available? If someone goes soon could you investigate please?

Coq au vin is a braised poultry dish so I'm thinking Disney was looking for a familiar to Americans' name for the pork entree they call "Braised Pork (Coq au Vin Style)". No chicken in it unless they used chicken broth. Think of it as large chunks of slow cooker pork.

The Braised Pork (Coque au Vin style) is one of my favorite meals, but looks like it is being replaced. Maybe to be more diverse. Some guests don’t eat pork, and it may be easier to just remove the bacon...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...ng-to-magic-kingdoms-be-our-guest-restaurant/

“...along with a new version of the Coque au Vin (braised red wine chicken, bacon, mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and sautéed green beans).”

Last edited:
The Braised Pork (Coque au Vin style) is one of my favorite meals, but looks like it is being replaced. Maybe to be more diverse. Some guests don’t eat pork, and it may be easier to just remove the bacon...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...ng-to-magic-kingdoms-be-our-guest-restaurant/

“...along with a new version of the Coque au Vin (braised red wine chicken, bacon, mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and sautéed green beans).”

My ears(?) are hurting a bit with the use of the word "coque" instead of "coq" on the menu. Coque means shell in culinary terms but coq traditionally means an older fowl. Been boning up on my French of late to meet up with the ex's sister this summer. Unfortunately for the 2 of us we no longer have our school age children around to translate whatever craziness we are saying to each other in different languages; ought to be fun.

My ears(?) are hurting a bit with the use of the word "coque" instead of "coq" on the menu. Coque means shell in culinary terms but coq traditionally means an older fowl. Been boning up on my French of late to meet up with the ex's sister this summer. Unfortunately for the 2 of us we no longer have our school age children around to translate whatever craziness we are saying to each other in different languages; ought to be fun.

I just KNEW it didn’t look right - COQ! Dang it. Seriously need to restart Rosetta Stone, lol.

Coq au vin is a braised poultry dish so I'm thinking Disney was looking for a familiar to Americans' name for the pork entree they call "Braised Pork (Coq au Vin Style)". No chicken in it unless they used chicken broth. Think of it as large chunks of slow cooker pork.
Disney's does have pork in it, but I'm asking if its being changed to chicken. Or will there be a choice of pork or chicken Coque Au Vin.

Disney's does have pork in it, but I'm asking if its being changed to chicken. Or will there be a choice of pork or chicken Coque Au Vin.

The current Feast a la Beast is pork. The new version is chicken. I believe the pork is being replaced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter