Did online checkin but got a message that says I have to stop at front desk for my room assignment.

Sometimes it's to set the pin number on your magic band. Other times it could be a room assignment issue. Never a real big deal. Your card on file wasn't a debit card, or our of country card? Are you from out of country?

Sometimes there is a computer issue, like the time I was checking into BWV and the computers were down that would allow MB to open the doors. So they were issuing everyone key cards to use until it was fixed. Another time they had shampooed the carpet in my assigned room and didn’t want to release it until the carpet had dried. It’s never been a major problem to stop by the desk.

It could be a number of reasons.
I'd suggest looking in your app first to see if your room number is there.
Last week I got 2 messages, one was prior to 3pm and said my room was not quite ready and they would send another telling me when it was (my plane was delayed so it didn't matter anyways), Then on DME I got another one that said to stop by the front desk for my room number but when I got off the bus it appeared that everyone that day received the same messge so I would have been waiting in a line for an hour. I mean really people were backed up to the bus as we exited it waiting waiting waiting. So my friend just happened to open the app and it showed our room number so we opted to not wait in that line as it was 10pm.
That was the first time I experienced that.

Which resort? Each resort has their own policies and potential issues. We received that message when staying at BC. When we went to the front desk, the last time, we happened to be greeted by the hotel manager and I asked why we get that message at BC but not at other resorts. She said that it's pretty common at BC. If anyone in your party has more than 1 Magic Band (active or not), the hotel's policy is to require you to come to the front desk. Because of Stormalong Bay, the resort limits each guest to using only 1 MB for pool access - but this limits room access to one MB as well. The trip to the front desk is required to setup a specific band for room and pool access. All other bands will still work for tickets, dining, charging, photo pass, etc., but can't be used to access the pool or the room.

We had a split stay that trip (3 resorts, BC first). Only the one band per person that was setup by BC front desk worked at BC. As soon as we transferred to AK (and then to Poly), any of the 5 or 6 bands I had worked just fine to open the doors.

So it's definitely a thing at BC, probably YC as well.

The manager also said that other resorts she's been at, have had various other operational reasons for requiring guests to sometimes go to the front desk first.

Steve

Which resort? Each resort has their own policies and potential issues. We received that message when staying at BC. When we went to the front desk, the last time, we happened to be greeted by the hotel manager and I asked why we get that message at BC but not at other resorts. She said that it's pretty common at BC. If anyone in your party has more than 1 Magic Band (active or not), the hotel's policy is to require you to come to the front desk. Because of Stormalong Bay, the resort limits each guest to using only 1 MB for pool access - but this limits room access to one MB as well. The trip to the front desk is required to setup a specific band for room and pool access. All other bands will still work for tickets, dining, charging, photo pass, etc., but can't be used to access the pool or the room.

We had a split stay that trip (3 resorts, BC first). Only the one band per person that was setup by BC front desk worked at BC. As soon as we transferred to AK (and then to Poly), any of the 5 or 6 bands I had worked just fine to open the doors.

The manager also said that other resorts she's been at, have had various other operational reasons for requiring guests to sometimes go to the front desk first.

Steve

DH and I have over 30 MB each, with about 7 active ones each, and we have never had to stop at the front desk for our YC, BC, or BCV trips to have only one MB assigned for the pool, and we have stayed there multiple times in 2017 alone.

DH and I have over 30 MB each, with about 7 active ones each, and we have never had to stop at the front desk for our YC, BC, or BCV trips to have only one MB assigned for the pool, and we have stayed there multiple times in 2017 alone.

Our stays at BCV were both in 2016. We had to do it both times. Obviously, policies and procedures change over time. Just saying that at least occasionally, there are reasons for the message to stop by the desk.

Steve

We got the same message when checking into POR a couple years ago. There really didn't seem to be any reason. We went to the desk, and got our room number. It was in the section we booked (preferred) and it was a corner room, which I had requested.

Steve
We didn't have to stop at the front desk for our stay at YC in Oct. Or our BC stay in Oct 2016. I have about 30 MB. I have no doubt the manager said that. But the manager didn't know what they were talking about. They don't limit you to one MB.

There really is no consistent reason for who has to stop at the front desk, or when. Outside of International guests of course.

We get that message most of the time and when I go to the desk they never seem to know why we were sent that message. It was especially annoying at SSR. We left car in Congress Park and walked to DS to see a movie while waiting for room, which we had requested Congress Park. We get that text and had to hoof it all the way back to car and drive over to desk and get in line....finally get CM and they have no clue why we got that message. Now I ignore it and wait. Eventually we get room number text and if not by 4:15ish, I call in.

For me last week it was because my assigned room wasn’t ready and when I went to the desk they made some calls and switched me to another room. This was after 3 PM at All Star Sports.

Our one time had to do with a minor CC issue. No problem. The OP needn't worry it won't be a big problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter