Did not book anything ... but got a confirmation !

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Two days ago I went through the steps to reserve a package on DLP website but never entered my credit card or confirmed the reservation. I only had the package in my cart but left it there. Today I got a confirmation email along with "CANCELLED" next to each of the names in my party, and a charge for 76.16 for travel insurance! I swear I NEVER entered my credit card or confirmed any reservation.

I am trying to call but cannot get through. I do not want to be on the hook for any amount of money when I did not make this reservation - if I had they would have my credit card to bill me and they don't.

Any thoughts on this?

I signed up on the website to see if they have a reservation for me, entered in the number and it says, "As your reservation has been cancelled, you cannot retrieve it on My Disneyland. If needed, please contact our reservation office."

I never made a reservation, I only had a package in my cart. Anyone have this issue before with the DLP website? I hope they don't plan on sending me a bill for the 76.16 $ insurance since I never booked in the first place.

I've never had this, but I'm also not surprised. It's France and France is weird with these things. What I had a year ago, and a friend had today. Both of us had requested an Annual Pass via the internet and would send in the paperwork to pay installments. After about a week of filling everything online, both of us received already our plastic actual Annual Pass, before sending in any of the papers with our bank details. Only when they have processed these, they activate the card and you get another confirmation letter.
In the end, my paperwork never arrived and after a month my plastic card became invalid, and after a lot of hassle and it was finally arranged they had to send me a new plastic card. So a very strange process full of waste.

As yours said cancelled and you don't have left any CC information I wouldn't be too worried.
I work for an airline, and technically in our booking system I can do something similar by sending out a cancelled booking with the amount of money the booking would have cost. From that point of view I am also not surprised how systems can work.

Thanks so much for the insight. Now I think I just want to book my hotel room through Expedia and skip the package. I can order the tickets online anytime. I don't feel confident in controlling the reservation through the dlp.com website or in my ability to get ahold of them on the phone. What would you do - book the package on their website or separate hotel through expedia?

I had this when we booked just before xmas.

On the direct site, I did a few quotes and got to the payment page, it looks like it has to send you a cancelled/void confirmation for some reason!

Thanks so much for the insight. Now I think I just want to book my hotel room through Expedia and skip the package. I can order the tickets online anytime. I don't feel confident in controlling the reservation through the dlp.com website or in my ability to get ahold of them on the phone. What would you do - book the package on their website or separate hotel through expedia?
I wouldn't let this stop me from getting the best deal. If you can get a better deal as a package because of 25% off or a dining plan, if that fits your family best, I would just book it online.
You are in the US, right? Many people call WDW and then ask to be transferred to DLP.

There are some mayor issue's with their new (and improved??) booking system, I got 3 emails stating my payment was due and they would cancel my booking, although everything was paid (currently in the room they threaten to cancel). When I called, they said they got a lot of calls about this. You'll deal with this new system however you book, so it doesn't matter

There are some mayor issue's with their new (and improved??) booking system, I got 3 emails stating my payment was due and they would cancel my booking, although everything was paid (currently in the room they threaten to cancel). When I called, they said they got a lot of calls about this. You'll deal with this new system however you book, so it doesn't matter
Unless you book via DisneyHolidays.co.uk which is the same system as WDW UK Bookings, and you speak to the US Call Centre also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!