Did I make the Best Restaurant Choices?

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
:bounce: Hello! Thanks for your help! I'm getting ready to make my PS's next week - Please glance over and see if u have any better ideas! :drinking1

We will be eating continental breakfast @ hotel each morning.
:drinking1

Saturday (first day/night) October 9
lunch @ AK Flame Tree BBQ
dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern (is this exciting enough for 1st night?)
any other sugestions? (p.s. this is if MK is open late)

Sunday MAGIC KINGDOM
Lunch @Plaza Restaurant
Dinner @ Ohana

Monday MGM
Lunch @ Sci Fi Diner
Dinner @ Boma AKL

TUESDAY - EPCOT
Lunch - Beaches & Cream
Dinner - in EPCOT - ? garden grill vs epcot country
(don't want to spend $100 in le cellier) :(

Wednesday
Lunch @ Universal -Suggestons??__
DInner @ Wild Jacks on Intl Dr (great bbq)
or at The Crab House?

THURSDAY
Lunch - Typhoon Lagoon :boat:
Dinner - Liberty Tree Tavern - MNSSHP -going to)

FRIDAY
Free Day to Shop on 192
Titanic Exhibit -
Dinner @ Rainforest Cafe? or somewhere else in Downtown Dis?

Saturday -magic kingdom all day
Lunch @ Plaza Restaurant
Dinner @ Last dinner - suggestions? LTT or Ohana??

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!!!:hyper:

First, tell us (even the non-experts) who is included in your party & childrens' ages, if any. Adults w/ no kids vs. w/kids makes a big difference in everything! I could make comments based on no kids. The melting pot? I ate at one at home and didn't feel so well afterwards. I know I cooked everything... good luck and happy dining!

I see on your last day you are going to be at MK. If you are looking for counter service, I would try either Columbia Harbor House or Pecos Bill's.

I would suggest Mama Melrose's at MGM
EC - Le Cellier, Marrakesh or Teppanyaki, the show and food are fun at Octoberfest.

MK - think about getting out of the park for lunch. For sitdown Konas or GF Cafe.

Other suggestions: Yachtsmans St, WC or Flying Fish

My suggestions would be:

Universal--Hard Rock Cafe (if you check this website they had coupons for HRC and other City walk restaurants at a great savings http://halfprice.ccorlando.com/?affiliate_id= ). we have also eaten at and ejoyed Nascar.

You last MK day I say either have a counter service for lunch and dinner at Whispering Canyon or have lunch at Whispering Canyon and counter service at MK for a light dinner.

Your first night if you dont think LTT will be exciting enough how bout Chef Mickey's?

Thanks for all the great advice- but can u suggest stuff for where i'm missing?
someone said i should stay at epcot all day and stay for night too and watch illuminations. never did it. is it worth it?

plus, how do u leave epcot and walk to other places like the boardwalk-
is it possible???

::yes:: pirate:

..from the International gateway at Epcot to either BW (Spoodles) or YC (Beaches and Cream) Do you have kids? If so, thumbs down on LTT. Also, on your Studio day, I would share a lunch at Sci-Fi and have an early dinner at 50's Prime Time , one of my favorite places for food and ambience. I am not a Melting Pot fan (I feel hungry after a meal there) but love House of Blues in Downtown Disney. For your last dinner: definitely a character meal..how about at GF??:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :sunny:

Hello and thank u so much for your great advice. just a few questions

I don't have kids it's just 2 adults.

1. GF? Which rest. does that stand for?

2. How long is the walk from Epcot gateway to Spoodles or B& C?

3. Also, i read somewhere that B&C has picnic type tables and no private tables for 2. Is that true??

4. How GOOD is Mama's prime time cafe? is that the 50's style diner??
Do u sit at your own booths??

THanks

Originally posted by fairytinkerbell
Hello and thank u so much for your great advice. just a few questions

I don't have kids it's just 2 adults.

1. GF? Which rest. does that stand for?
GF is for the Grand Floridian resort. There are some restaurants there and at the Polynesian resort which is only a monorail ride away from Magic Kingdom.
2. How long is the walk from Epcot gateway to Spoodles or B& C?
When you're in Epcot World Showcase, in between France and United Kingdom there's a walkway to the Epcot resorts, Boardwalk and Beach Club. When you get to the bridge hand a left for BW and BC is towards the right. About a 10 minute walk. Not bad at all.
3. Also, i read somewhere that B&C has picnic type tables and no private tables for 2. Is that true??

B & C has tables inside but not too many of them. If you go, go during an off time. There are also some tables outside.
4. How GOOD is Mama's prime time cafe? is that the 50's style diner??
Do u sit at your own booths??
Prime Time is the 50's syle dinning with some pretty good food. You have your own booth. One one of your threads I gave you the link to a site with all the WDW restaurant menus...even the menus at the resort restaurants.
THanks

At MGM we never miss the 50's Prime Time Cafe. DD loved it when "MOM" made my DH go wash his hands before dinner. The s'mores dessert is also incredible!

At Epcot, France is wonderful for an adult meal. Get a late reservation and ask for a table near the window to catch the fireworks while you enjoy dessert.

We also enjoy Alfredo's if you're in an Italian mood.

Another really great place not far from Epcot is the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club which has a wonderful all-you-can-eat clambake.

If dimly lit is what you're looking for I would stick with Sci-Fi at MGM, it doesn't get much "dimmer" than that, lol. We had lunch there, burgers, onion rings and milkshakes and it was good. We would go back, though I've heard the dinner menu isn't as good.

At Epcot, though we really enjoyed the Garden Grill, if you're looking for "dim" how about Le Cellier?

At MK I think Cinderella's is a good choice, the food and atmosphere are great. (Request a table by the windows if possible.)

We stayed at the Dolphin this past Easter and walked to EPCOT every night via the International Gateway. ONe night we decided to eat around the world.. We tried something at each country (DD had a good old hot dog and fries from the American Pavillion..) It was really fun!

Tuesday
Lunch @ Universal -Suggestons??__
DInner @ Wild Jacks on Intl Dr (great bbq)
If you are going to be at Islands of Adventure, I would recommend eating at the Mythos Restaurant in the Lost Continent section of the park. It is a full service restaurant. Excellent food and provides a nice break. You may want to make a reservation.

I would recommend adding Jikos at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort to your list. While you are there you can do a walkabout and see some of the animals on the savannah.

Troy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter