Did I make a mistake????

Boathouse is one of my “must-do” dinners now! Have had a great meal every time! I would agree with NYCgrrrl’s assessment.

We didn't care for Boathouse, at all.

Me either! Its not horrible, but IMO nothing worth the trek over to DS, especially if youre already in Epcot and have many many equally good, if not better, restaurants to choose from. I personally would have stuck with Le Cellier, but if the OP has never been to Boathouse and has travel time to spare, its not a HUGE mistake!

Only big mistake would have been cancelling LC for Tony's or Trails End :D

Last edited:
While I LOVE LC and unlike most on here, have never had a bad meal there and I've probably gone at least 10 or 12 times. I do agree that you can get your fix at the booth and save a lot of money to boot. I've never tried Boathouse, but I would suggest staying at Epcot and trying Monsieur Paul in France for your fancy meal so you don't have to wear yourself out leaving the park. It's such a hassle with the crowds these days and you have to give yourself sooo much time that you'll loose 4 good hours between travel back and forth, the loooong walk and the meal itself. For me that would ruin part of the nice dining experience. OR try the new fancy Japanese place in Japan and then you can tell us about it lol.

Le Cellier is very over rated. Why spend money inside the restaurant when you can get a filet and cheese soup at F&W?? And yes they've offered that every year. You made the right choice!

I think you made the right call. I don't think either of them are worth the 2 TS credits, but I think your logic is 100% right...the best part of Le Cellier (the cheese soup) you can get at a Kiosk, so might as well try something different for your sit-down meal.

We did Le Cellier a few weeks ago after a long hiatus and I can say it will be awhile before we go again. The steaks were good ( better than average ) but not as good as Yachtsman or Shula's. What I didn't care for most at Le Cellier was how jam packed the tables were. Literally, I could reach over and eat off the plate of the woman sitting at the table next to us.

I didn't try it, but my husband also recommends the steak at Grand Floridian Cafe. He said it melted in his mouth.

Le Cellier in my opinion is a premium priced meal that simply does not deliver a premium experience in either food or service. You are a captured audience and they know it.

I have eaten at the Yachtsman enjoyed my last meal that I had there we shared the Porterhouse for two while it was good I cant say that at $$$ it was better than any steak I had eaten at places like Ruth's, Morton's, or Mike Ditka's for the money. Unlike Le Cellier the service was much more polished. With all of that said the worst meal I have eaten st The Yachtsman was heads and shoulders above Le Cellier.

NEVER BEEN TO BOATHOUSE so I can't comment on their food or service.

But we did have a pleasant reasonable by Disney standards dinner at Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk. In fact we were quite surprised at how much this place surpassed our expectations.

What ever you choose it can't be wrong as your in Disney, and we are all jealous because were not. Have a Magical Trip.

Last edited:
The Boathouse is primarily a steakhouse run by the Gibson’s group out of Chicago. The name is in reference to the boats displayed around the restaurant. It’s a great restaurant for both steak and seafood though.

Depends on your plans but I would certainly vote for less travel hassle than going over to Disney Springs just for Boathouse. If you are planning to go there after a full day just for dinner, I would probably skip it and opt for something closer to your park plans of the day. There is Monsieur Paul right in Epcot which I've heard is a great experience. There is also Yachtsman and Flying Fish both a short walk/boat ride away from Epcot. All of which are 2 credits on the Dining Plan. Those would be my votes instead of traveling over to Disney Springs.

If you are planning to visit Disney Springs for a more extended period of time and don't necessarily have park plans that day, I would keep Boathouse. We've wanted to try it but haven't visited the Springs the last few trips. I would also caution that F & W depending on the time of year you visit and the day of the week, can be a mob scene. You may need to wait in long lines to get what you want and it may not be as enjoyable as having a comfortable seat in the AC and having someone serve you the items hot and in a good sized portion. Just "food for thought."

Our first trips to Disney we made lots of "mistakes" by scheduling meals that caused us to have to travel widely around Disney and it really does take a lot of time and involve hassle. We try to no longer do this and we stick to things that are convenient to our planned location. While I think there are some very good places to eat at the various resorts and at Disney Springs, I don't think any place is necessarily worth the trouble it can sometimes be to get there and back.

Me either! Its not horrible, but IMO nothing worth the trek over to DS, especially if youre already in Epcot and have many many equally good, if not better, restaurants to choose from. I personally would have stuck with Le Cellier, but if the OP has never been to Boathouse and has travel time to spare, its not a HUGE mistake!

Only big mistake would have been cancelling LC for Tony's or Trails End :D

Awww, we love Trail's End and choose it over almost everything - only Boma, Biergarten, and Nine Dragons come first :)

Awww, we love Trail's End and choose it over almost everything - only Boma, Biergarten, and Nine Dragons come first :)

So funny! This is why I dont like giving recommendation for restaurants. Everyone has different taste buds, and I have no idea what someone may like/dislike. You literally just named all my least favorite restaurants!!! And Im guessing you dont like San Angel Inn ;) !!!!!

So funny! This is why I dont like giving recommendation for restaurants. Everyone has different taste buds, and I have no idea what someone may like/dislike. You literally just named all my least favorite restaurants!!! And Im guessing you dont like San Angel Inn ;) !!!!!

Ha! I love SAI... Just haven't been there in a while cuz with 3 males in my.party, Biergarten is the ticket to full.bellies 😜

During F&W we never make Dinner reservations when we go to Epcot for the day, we have lunch and dinner at all the different countries and booths, but your right just get the soup and Steak at the Canada booth for lunch, we loved Boathouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter