Did I make a mistake????

Momager

Mouseketeer
So I just canceled Le Cellier in Epcot (where we will be spending the day) for The Boathouse. We're going during F&W, so my feeling is that we can have the filet and the cheese soup whenever we want from the kiosk anyway....

Did I make a mistake, or a good change?? How is the Boathouse?? We will be on the Deluxe Dining Plan.

TIA!

Nope. Boathouse is really good. And you're right. You can get those Canadian things at F&W, most likely.
Edit to add...I also had deluxe DP a couple years back and we did Le Cellier and felt, while good, it wasn't signature (2 credit) WOW. Boathouse is really good, noisy atmosphere (so is LC) but excellent , WOW, food.

We didn't care for Le Cellier. Boathouse was much better--better food, better atmosphere. If the weather is nice I'd recommend sitting outside. Enjoy wherever you go!

I'll also add that we took our twin DDs-20, who are a little picky (they hate Sanaa), and they LOVED it and beg to go back every time we're at WDW.

We're going during F&W, so my feeling is that we can have the filet and the cheese soup whenever we want from the kiosk anyway....

I don't think so, and that is exactly how we are getting our LC fix this trip. Now you can enjoy both LC and Boathouse.

We LOVED boathouse and DH found the filet to even be better there than at LC, which he also loves.

Le cellier is on my never list
Boathouse is pretty much there too. I might give it a second chance.

The one time I dined there, no one who ordered beef was satisfied. One was so raw it was blue. Not the medium ordered
Mine never showed up. Then they put a rush on it and it came our seared but raw. Sent it back. 2 strikes and I’m done. Not to mention my party was done

I’ve never had a bad meal at yachtsman steakhouse. It’s my favorite place for beef in the world. And yummy onion rolls!

I have had one lunch at Boathouse and found the food very average.

I've had several meals at Le Cellier and some were great and others were not so great. I do plan to go again later this year, as I enjoyed my dinner there this May.

I don't feel Le Cellier is worth 2 credits but with the Deluxe plan you have credits to burn.

To me, that depends on whether or not you were planning to go to Disney Springs. I don't think any of the restaurants are worth sacrificing park time, unless you're going to be spending multiple days at Epcot or you visit WDW often.

Not a mistake at all. Just in Epcot there are at least a half dozen restaurants that are much better than Le'Cellier. I'm not a fan of a loud, cramped and average steak and using 2 dining credits when on the dining plan, and can better spend the money elsewhere if paying OOP. Boathouse and Yachtsman in my opinion completely blow LC away in service and in food quality.

I was actually shocked when I found out Boathouse was 2 credits. We found the food just ok and the atmosphere tight (we were on top of the table next to us) and extremely chaotic. Add on a server who disappeared halfway through our meal and it added up to a dissatisfied group.

If you don’t go to LC, I think there are much better signature options at WDW than Boathouse. I might go again if someone in my family really wanted to go (and get a salad or all oop), but I wouldn’t waste dining plan credits on it.

I had the NY Steak & Fries, at the BOATHOUSE. It was good. The only downside is the commute from Epcot to Disney Springs. That is a lot of walking. I recommend using the Minnie Van Service.

Boathouse is a fine choice and not a place to regret eating at IMO. The seafood raw bar offerings are amazingly fresh while the cooked seafood dishes are just as good. The breading on the fried food is light and crispy, the poached and steamed fish are not rubbery or laden with that strange flavor one can often taste on old or improperly frozen fish. As for the roasted and grilled meat dishes, the meat has always been cooked to order properly for us.

Amazing RL theming and it seems to be a favorite of locals particularly on the weekends. There are somewhere between 4 and 5 different dining areas and rooms at the restaurant (it's huge!). Our favorites are the outdoor patios which are both on the lake and when the weather threatens we prefer to seat at the indoor bar (there's another called the Dockside at the end of a pier).
We are not crazy about most of the dessert offerings: lots of sugar, less of the more expensive flavorants which seems to be a WDW trademark. Nothing wrong with the root beer float though. Still, I generally get dessert at Vivoli Gelato which is a few steps away from Boathouse's entrance or Sprinkle's. The chocoholics of the family eat dessert at other places if they haven't already at Boathouse.

CL is just not worth 2 credits and the menu's offerings are too carb heavy for me to eat there especially during the hot months.

We've eaten at Yachtsman and it's fine but doesn't hold up to Boathouse in my eyes. Maybe it's the theming that does little for me and my proximity to similar restaurants in New England.

If the weather is great and you can dine outside at The Boathouse, you'll enjoy it more than the ambiance at LC. We loved our experience there, but we didn't order steak. The noise inside can be chaotic and LC claustrophobic.
In the Epcot area, on the DxDP, wanting steak...I'd try Yachtsman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!