Did Grandpa make a HUGH mistake !!!!!!

Donald Duck 57

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone PLEASE give this worried grandma some information !!!!! Disney grandpa has changed our cabin once again for our cruise ( traveling with 4 year old ). We are now booked in cabin 5020 0n the Disney Fantasy, my CONCERN is that what I have read so far is this is a noisy cabin do to it's location above the Walt Disney Theater. Can anyone Calm my fears our will I be throwing grandpa overboard on the first night !!!! LOL

Thanks
Grandma

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone PLEASE give this worried grandma some information !!!!! Disney grandpa has changed our cabin once again for our cruise ( traveling with 4 year old ). We are now booked in cabin 5020 0n the Disney Fantasy, my CONCERN is that what I have read so far is this is noisy cabin do to it's location above the Walt Disney Theater. Can anyone Calm my fears our will I be throwing grandpa overboard on the first night !!!! LOL

Thanks
Grandma
That's a very nice cabin, actually. Two massive portholes & the room split almost like a mini-suite.

Hi Everyone,
Can anyone PLEASE give this worried grandma some information !!!!! Disney grandpa has changed our cabin once again for our cruise ( traveling with 4 year old ). We are now booked in cabin 5020 0n the Disney Fantasy, my CONCERN is that what I have read so far is this is noisy cabin do to it's location above the Walt Disney Theater. Can anyone Calm my fears our will I be throwing grandpa overboard on the first night !!!! LOL

Thanks
Grandma
No worries. It should be a great cabin. We were in a similar one on the Dream (starboard side, instead of port side). Super quiet. The shows at the theater are over by 9:30ish and if you have main dining, you would likely be at the later show, if you elect to attend the shows at all.

We've stayed on Deck 5 Fwd in a 4E before and had no noise from the theater in our cabin. You could hear it in the halls, but not in the cabins.

just stayed in this exact cabin in November on a 7 night cruise, and I didn't notice any noise. This room is amazing! So spacious, loved the two portholes, and my little guy loved having his own tv. I would stay in this room again in a heartbeat!

Just as a note, if you happen to be on a cruise when a new movie is being released in statewide theaters it will also air at 12:01am on release day on the ship. Why should this concern you? Because they often show this in the Walt Disney Theater for the extra seating. And YES it is VERY loud with a room directly over the movie. I have experienced this at I swear I thought the movie would never end. The bed was shaking at 2am! We loved the room otherwise, and would book it again even if there was a movie premier. But at least we'd be prepared this time!

We've stayed in 5009 and 5011 which is on the Port side of the ship and didn't really hear much noise coming from the theaters. I've walked past a similar room as yours when they are cleaning and it looks pretty cool inside.

You will love the location. It's on the same deck as the kids clubs so you don't have to navigate stairs/elevators. Plus since you are on a lower deck it's easier to get an elevator.

Grandpa made a good choice.

Cheers!

We stayed in 5520 which is the other side the ship and loved this room and have booked it for our cruise on the Dream next year. It was so quite that I wondered if we even had neighbors. There are no cabins across from you so it is just the rooms along the outside of the ship.

We've stayed in 5522 (opposite side of ship with a reversed layout) and have 5520 and 5522 booked for next month. As PP has said, unless a really late show in the theatre below they are fabulous rooms to have.

I'm thinking of booking this room too!
But The Nutcracker will be premiering during my cruise so I'm afraid my dad would throw me overboard when it's showing past midnight. Lol
Right now we're set for deck 8 aft, but I'm kinda concerned about the terrible vibration in the aft staterooms a lot of ppl have been mentioning about.

Oh and the teens area is also in deck 5 forward and I've read about how they can be pretty loud?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter