Did anyone visit later in July this year? Crowd levels in your opinion?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
I haven't been in July since 2014 and it really wasn't bad and I know that in the last few years its become the new "low" crowd time.
I'm going July 22-26 2019 and just curious to hear from people that went around that time in July 2018 on what they thought about crowd levels.

We went this past July at almost exactly the time you're going and crowds weren't that bad at all. It was just DW and I but we were able to get FP after FP. We also went this past January and crowds were much worse then.

We went the third week of July this year and I thought the crowds were awesome. There were South American teen tour groups, but I found them to be more of a problem at the resort (avoid the values!) than at the parks. It is very, very hot, but I thought in the search for low crowds it was pretty great.

We went this past July at almost exactly the time you're going and crowds weren't that bad at all. It was just DW and I but we were able to get FP after FP. We also went this past January and crowds were much worse then.
I was there in January/February and then July this year - the crowds in July were exponentially lighter.

We went in early February 2018 and mid July 2018 and July crowds were considerably less. Felt like February crowds were double what July was.

If low crowds are a priority I would definitely recommend July. Assuming the trend continues which of course isn’t a guarantee :)

In my opinion the summer is the new low crowd time of year. Hotel and and DVC reservations are readily available at 3 months It is easy to get even same day dining reservations. Extra fast passes are no problem. Not so much in Sept - Dec.

In my opinion the summer is the new low crowd time of year. Hotel and and DVC reservations are readily available at 3 months It is easy to get even same day dining reservations. Extra fast passes are no problem. Not so much in Sept - Dec.

So you think July would be better than early September as far as crowds?

So you think July would be better than early September as far as crowds?

I don’t think anything beats the week after Labor Day in terms of low crowds. But we did July 14-20 this past summer and I found it very manageable. We booked around 45 days and I got FP+ for everything (including FoP & SDD with some persistent checking).

Because I was able to compare crowd levels at most of the parks from week to week and month to month for many years, including most of 2018, I can't say that summer is the new "low" time.

We did this in the summer of 2017 and stayed at POP. Went the last 9 days of July and had very manageable crowds. No tour groups at all, even at the resort. Got 5-6 FP+ per day and easily rode everything we wanted. We were used to going in March when the Spring Break crowds really pump up numbers that month. Even with the heat and humidity, it was not a bad trip at all. I'd go that time of year in a heartbeat again.

Agree with PPs. We were there in the 2nd half of July and the crowds were very manageable. We did Epcot on an AM EMH day and, while future world was a bit crowded, the world showcase felt completely empty until right before illuminations.

We go every June, normally around the 13-21st.

I like that in June we can get up early, go back for a long break and then back out at night. I don't the crowds are terrible in June.

I thought the crowds were terrible last January! The parks close early which eliminated the night time touring. MK especially was super crowded in January.

We were there from July 21 - 28, crowds were very manageable. By comparison, we were also there for a weekend in August where I would say manageable (for a weekend), and over Veteran's Day (where it was packed).

I was also there earlier this week, where it was busier than I had expected, but manageable.

When I say busier than I had expected, at 2:00 PM on Wednesday, December 12:
Peter Pan: 70 minute wait
7DMT: 135 minute wait
Space Mountain: 90 minutes

We were there from July 21 - 28, crowds were very manageable. By comparison, we were also there for a weekend in August where I would say manageable (for a weekend), and over Veteran's Day (where it was packed).

I was also there earlier this week, where it was busier than I had expected, but manageable.

When I say busier than I had expected, at 2:00 PM on Wednesday, December 12:
Peter Pan: 70 minute wait
7DMT: 135 minute wait
Space Mountain: 90 minutes
Was also there this week. Monday at MK was nuts. 60 minutes for under the sea but I grabbed it as a 4th FP.
PP was 120 minutes at 2pm.
Went over to Epcot at 3:30pm and there were ZERO people at bag check lol. Went on Soarin 3 times with FP.

We were there July 21-August 2nd this past summer. Having previously been in June, March, and May, the only time we’ve seen lower crowds was May, and not by much. We enjoyed it so much that we actually ended up pushing our planned June trip back for this summer to go around the same time again in 2019. We’re used to heat (from Texas), so it didn’t really bother us. We took breaks in the middle of the day and stayed hydrated.

We’ve gone close to the last week in July. We’ve gone the first week in August two of the last three years and it has been great. Crowds between 3 to 6 out of 10. Feels about the same as September. Parks also tend to be open later than a low crowd season which is also a big bonus.

Dan

I made three seperate trips this past July. Its crowded...its always crowded now. But its NOT Christmas week crowded! It is just the new norm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter