Did anyone go to Typhoon Lagoon MM last night?

It was okay. Seemed to be about the same amount of crowds as a regular day. We did like that they had an assortment of ice creams available and not just Mickey Bars.

We went and *loved* it. We’ve never been to the water park before, so didn’t know what to expect but certainly enjoyed exploring it. Rode everything, I think: the big drop slides (Humunga Kowabunga), the Storm Slides (multiple times), Surf Pool, lazy River (Castaway Creek), Mayday Falls, Gangplank Falls (too long a line for the experience?), Miss Adventure Falls (multiple times) and Crush’n’Gusher (multiple times).

Ice cream? Yes!
Food? Yes! (We chose the long lines at Typhoon Tilly’s)
Special Event Merchandise? Yes! Nice design on a T-shirt, Hat and Tumbler.

The dance party kept the music pumping and energy flowing. We don’t do character greetings, but we saw Pirate Chip (?) and the program mentions the Fab 5. We also didn’t do the Exec Meet and Greet (which we normally would do ... but didn’t quite feel up to talking about anything serious while wearing our bathing suits).

Loved it. Had a blast. Enjoyed it more than most park parties ... but likely because (A) we’ve never been there before and had to try *everything*; and (B) it was very physical. Felt great!

Went last night, will not go to another water park MM event. Having been to two MK and one AKL MM events that were great.
The line to check in was LONG before 5PM.
It said on the e-mail sent before the event that we could check-in earlier in the day at the front of the park and are so glad that we did to by-pass that long line.
We found a place at a table by Typhoon Tilly's and where they were going to pass out the ice cream. As soon as they opened the restaurant for access we got our food; we are so glad we did. By 7PM the line to get the food was over the bridge and stayed there until we left at 8PM.
The line at the other food locations were even longer when we tried to walk around the park. We could not move around either the inside or outside loops of the park without cutting though people waiting on food.
We over-heard some people complaining at the service counter about the long lines and shortage of some food items.

Last edited:
Meh. We are from Wisconsin the so called water park capital of the world and have said this before that Disney’s just don't compare. That being said this was our first MM. The lines for food were long but the food was delish and totally loved the Mickey Bars. Definitely looking forward to an opportunity to try one in a park, but won’t waste park time for another water park event.

We loved it. The kids enjoyed the dance party and spending time relaxing at the water park. We had never been to Typhoon Lagoon before. We are also from Wisconsin which is known for water parks and the park itself was not that impressive but the kids really enjoyed it and it was fun. We really enjoyed the DJ, pirate chip and dancers and just overall had a fun time. We had a dinner reservation before the party that we didn’t want to cancel so we were not that hungry and didn’t get food until near the end of the party, but lines were still really long by then and they were running out of items. The poor cast members were swamped with people. Overall though it was a nice, low key, and “free event.” It was one of the better nights of our trip.

We went and had a great time! We rented a cabana and our cabana attendent got our food for us so we didn't have to stand in the long food lines.

We spent our time in the lazy river and wave pool. When we first got in the lazy river, there were no tubes available so we just waded for a while until other people got out and left their tubes. For a free event, we thought it was pretty good!

I was there. I thought it was nicely done. The Mickey bars, Mickey ice cream sandwiches, orange bars, and fruit bars were great! And staying in line with Disney's practice of accommodating everybody, they even had a kosher meal for me!
I enjoyed it, and appreciated that Disney tries to treat us like valued customers.

I'm just glad we got our food first thing upon arriving around 6pm. By the time we were done eating the lines we so insane I can't believe people actually waited in them. It had to knock out about 30% of the party time for those people. For anyone planning to attend the next one, either get your food immediately when you are allowed to enter the park or wait til the end of the party.

It felt very crowded when we got there and I assumed it would make for an awful time, but we had a ton of fun, not sure wherever went, must have been in the food lines. Did all 3 crushin gusher slides 2 times each with never more than a 5 minute wait. Miss adventure falls was the longest wait for about 10 minutes. Lazy river was real crowded at the start of the party, but just waited til it cleared out. Wave pool was great, never too crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!