• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diabetic

Wild_Cherry

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone on the DIS board:disrocks:!

Im a diabetic and taoist, so i was wondering what restaurants would be best for me in DLP as I eat mostly fish, chicken, quorn and fruit and vegetables :confused3 . Any help or tips would be VERY helpful! :teeth:

Thanks! ::MickeyMo

Hi Wild Cherry, welcome to these boards! As we're only planning our first trip to DLP I'm afraid I can't help with restaurant advice but I'm sure someone else will soon answer you!

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a taoist?

Hello! :sunny: No worries about asking what taoism is. Its a very very old way of life from the eastern world, (China,etc). Basically, taoists believe that no-one should over analyze or judge anyone/thing because everything is that way because it just is. No questions asked. We believe we should learn from what goes unplanned in life and accept change when it happens with an open mind. Also as part of it I do Tai Chi and Qigong, and my diet consists of natural things readily available such as veg,fruit,etc. Also to cut down on dairy produce/meat as it is very slow to digest. No additives (E10045 in foods) or colourings is allowed as our bodies are not made to deal with those invented chemicals!
Chi also plays a big part as well as yin and yang (everything in life must be balanced ie why we should accept change).

I hope that clears it up a bit! :goodvibes

Taoism simply is.

Wild Cherry,

Are you on insulin, tablets or diet alone for your diabetes? What I'm getting at is, is there room for manoevere in what you eat by adjusting dosages or do you prefer not to??

Please feel free to PM me if you prefer not to post this on the board :)

Can't help with the other, sorry :(

Karen

Hi,

you get salad at almost every restaurant and counter service. The all you can eat buffets at the Plaza Garden, Inventions and Billy Bobs are great.
You can ask yout waiter at the sit downs for special items.

But note!!!! If you like your coffe or tea with sweetener...take it with you cause it is only available at the full service restaurants not at the counter service one!

Greets Renate

Im insulin dependant, 4 times a day. Yes I can adjust my dosage to allow some treats(like cinderellas slipper!! :teeth: ) but only one or two sweet things I can have while Im there, so I was wondering where there are good places to eat. Thanks for all the tips/help, and Ill definately take my sweetners- thanks :sunny: :goodvibes !

Thanks again everyone- you are all so helpful!! :wave2:

Wild Cherry,

What we found was that you could "leave" some of the carbs by not eating (for example) all the potato etc. We ate a lot of "set" meals and my impression was that the emphasis was on the protein / meat rather than the carbs. For example, one meal we had at Auberge de Cendrillon was as follows:

Vegetable soup & roll (nicer than it sounds honest - it was lovely). So here you could leave the roll if you wanted.

Salmon on a bed of noodles & stir fried veggies. The noodles were definitely not what I would call a full portion so from a carb overload perspective that's a good thing.

Cinderella's Royal Slipper - I dread to think how much sugar this had in it - but as you say above this is one not to be missed :teeth:

I can't remember if they had any sugarfree desserts?? They definitely do in WDW.

To be honest it's not the easiest thing in the world to eat 100% healthily here - but you can do quite well if you try :)

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter