Diabetes Insulin at the WDW Park Gates?

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and information! This site has an awesome group of people :)

You don’t need a doctor’s note for medical supplies/items, but I would not count on being just ushered thru.
My daughter’s medical supplies are always checked. They do ask us if they are medical supplies and often ask if there is anything they need to be careful of touching or anything sharp.
We have things in ziplock bags inside of her bag, so they can easily see what it is.

Agreed.

The ziploc bags in an important tip. Ziploc or similar *clear* bags [I use Ziploc and also for some things, Flanabags, which are reusable and sturdier] do a few things -- when taken out security can see through them to the contents; and they protect the contents from whoever is handling them [and whatever else, from rain to dirt etc]. Yes, the security screeners wear gloves. The same gloves they have been using while going through the last however many guests stuff. I don't want them actually handling my medical things with those same gloves, TYMV. The clear bags provide a barrier and can easily be wiped down.

SW

You may consider using First Aid to store & self-administer. I had a different med that required being kept cool. The double benefit to storing at First Aid & knowing absolutely that your meds are safe - is having a Clean & Private place with supplies to do your injection. The nurses at all the Park First Aids centers are fantastic. They have been so helpful to us over the years. I don't know what their current policies are, but at one point, the resort could provide a sharps container & handle disposal. I had a mini-one for travel, but it was nice to know.

Oh - I carried in a clear pouch & was never questioned about it. I had a Drs. note, but never needed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!