DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I have the 7am start time. Do you have to go to abc to eat right away or can you just line up to go to toy story land?

Thank you both. I'll keep checking now that I know where to look but I guess I won't count on it being added. :worried:

The only difference with this DHS version of EMM vs MK EMM is that DHS is not a park which has typically seen a shift to pre-9am hours all that often. Sometimes, but not like MK where it’s more common. And pre 9am hours and EMM don’t go together.

Given this, my guess is you may see DHS EMM during more “peak” times than MK EMM has historically been offered... but obviously speculation on my part. Keep an eye on this thread, many of us are always watching for dates. :-)

So you were behind the rd crowd then at RNRC? Is it possible to leave TSL and be ahead of them? Where will CM's hold you if you leave TSL at maybe 8:40? Or was that long line of people from EMM? Just trying to envision this! Our plan is to head to RNRC and TOT at rd but would like to time it NOT to be behind rd, but ahead of them. Should be a perk to EMM ya know??!!

We were behind them but it didn’t matter for RNRC. If you wanted to eat + ride both, I’d grab a FP for one and rush to the other.

I don’t know when we could have gotten ahead of the RD as we were just trying to maximize our TSL time. It might be more predictable if they stop letting the RD crowd into TSL early.

The only difference with this DHS version of EMM vs MK EMM is that DHS is not a park which has typically seen a shift to pre-9am hours all that often. Sometimes, but not like MK where it’s more common. And pre 9am hours and EMM don’t go together.

Given this, my guess is you may see DHS EMM during more “peak” times than MK EMM has historically been offered... but obviously speculation on my part. Keep an eye on this thread, many of us are always watching for dates. :-)

Good point! I never expected EMM to be added for our week in December and I was thankfully wrong. But I notice they aren't offering either during the Christmas blackout period.

I have the 7am start time. Do you have to go to abc to eat right away or can you just line up to go to toy story land?

They take you to eat at 7am. I've heard they let people back to TSL at around 7:20am. If you eat something at 7am you can also go back and eat more later if that is what you want to do. OR you can just grab a coffee and then be over by the theater at around 7:15 for the walk back to TSL.

Has anybody who has attended the event taken the bus from AKL? Was trying to decide if we should book a taxi or take the bus to our 10/31 event. Generally we use Disney transportation, but wasn't sure of the bus time at AKL for this early morning event. Thanks!

We were there yesterday as well. Loved it! We took a fairly leisurely pace, and did TSM and AS once. We road SDD 3 times. Could have ridden at least 1-2 more times, but we were done. Met Buzz as we went to breakfast. We are vegetarian, and had no problem getting them to make the chilaquiles without chorizo. It was yummy. Saw a few Disers! AngTN--you were behind my son and me on SDD for our last ride :)

Last edited:
We have gf people on our family, so qs meals take a little longer for them to get out.

Our date would be Monday, July 1 (assuming they have it).

Our plan would be to just grab stuff from the buffet (fruit for the gf people), then go to tsl.

At rd, head over to rnrc, and head back for hot breakfast. Would we get back in time for them to serve us, without feeling rushed, given the special order meals we'd need?

I'm assuming it would be impossible to do tot also, before breakfast, so we'd FP that.

I thought Josh's review was very good and interesting to read. I'm not thrilled with the times to wait, but good to know going in. We don't like to do a crazy rush though a meal, and we need GF, so we won't be able to eat first. We might pop in for a pastry (for the non GF people) and drink before heading out to wait at 7:15 to go to the land. We also do want to ride TSM and AS2, so we won't skip them and just to SDD over and over. I also kind of wanted to do the meet and greets. It sounds like in our allotted exclusive time if we do all of it we will pretty much only have time for the meet and greets, 1 TSM, 1-2 AS2, , and 2-3 SDD - probably in that order for the most part. Or is that even too much? If we get that in I guess it's really quite a bit, I just had it in my head that we would be able to run onto any of the rides over and over with no waits, other than the next train, so I was picturing more like 4-5 SDD, 2-3 TSM, and 3-4 AS2, plus the meet and greets. I guess I was being unrealistic. We'll see how it goes, I guess I can't complain as long as we ride all of the rides at least once and hopefully twice.

Went ahead and booked our family for March 6. We fly in the afternoon before, so it’s not my fist choice of days to get up super early—but the only other date in our stay is a day after the time change, so definitely even worse!

Will be keeping an eye on reports going forward to see how things develop. I think with a good plan we could make the most of this time even if it stays as busy as yesterday sounds, but some of my family are pretty good at sabotaging my plans so we’ll see! Final decision may also depend on what I’m able to get for FPs when our window opens, what other extras we include in our trip, etc.

You can only see bus times in the app when you’re at Disney, right? I was thinking of trying to watch them on EMM days for a few weeks before our stay (no guarantees, I know, but just to get a sense of “typical”). But then I remembered that probably wouldn’t work.

Ugh, Josh’s review doesn’t make it sound as good as the original reviews. Like others have said 10min wait for SDD which seems ridiculous for a paid event (especially when comparing to MK EMM reviews)

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/r...y-morning-magic-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

I hope it makes people cancel. :rotfl2:

I'll still be going. We are going right before Christmas and the possibility of doing all three rides even once in that time frame is worth it to avoid the crowds. But it is nice to have a realistic view on it before going. I'm so glad he held off for the same reasons I didn't want to read to much into the first one.

I think the Passholder playtime probably spoiled a lot of us. I am going in knowing I wont be able to ride SDD 7 times like I did then, but I will still get to ride it more than I would on a regular park day

I think the Passholder playtime probably spoiled a lot of us. I am going in knowing I wont be able to ride SDD 7 times like I did then, but I will still get to ride it more than I would on a regular park day

I agree and thought that was a fair point that Josh made in his write up... I feel the same.

For me personally, having done the pass holder event just two weeks ago and EMM yesterday... the AP thing spoiled me!

So we did MK EMM this morning and all five of us (me, hubs, 10, 8 & 4) preferred TSL over MK. We found the breakfast situation far less annoying than paying to walk back into MK which is how was spent the first 10 minutes of today. We also preferred the food at TSL and the general overall atmosphere. For comparison:

1xTSMM, 1xAS2, 4xSDD, Buzz meet with no line, rope drop RNRC (half of us), 1xTSMM (the other half.)

1x PP, 1xPooh, 5x7DMT, 1xIASW (which stalled and made us miss rope drop so we didn’t bother trying anything else, just went to breakfast)

Has anybody who has attended the event taken the bus from AKL? Was trying to decide if we should book a taxi or take the bus to our 10/31 event. Generally we use Disney transportation, but wasn't sure of the bus time at AKL for this early morning event. Thanks!

Josh from Easy WDW just posted his review of EMM and he stayed at AKL. Go check it out. Apparently, the buses were plentiful.

Well, Josh's review certainly mimicked what many have ready been reporting here and what I suspected. Many of the issues we have all been wondering about seemed to have been confirmed. Too long of a wait for SDD during an EMM event. Breakfast not being convenient to TSL. It should be a full buffet where you can get in and out quickly. I am disheartened that they have pushed the limit and it now seems to be oversold. We will still do the event, but it does not seem like the value will be there as much as the original EMM at MK has been. I suppose my expectations have to change and I have to know that there will be waits for SDD and I will not get the same number of rides on SDD that we do on 7DMT at MK's EMM. Frustrating because that event was so great and worth every penny. Why must they change these things that are getting rave reviews? Oh yeah, money.

Thanks Kat. We're doing emm for both mk and dhs too . i forget, the breakfasts end for both at ten a.m.? Or is each one having different end times? I'm going to get these two events confused! And with the mnsshp reports I'm nervous about the overselling of tickets for my mvmcp november first night. Really appreciate you guys reporting in and now I want to hear one not on a holiday!! Reading the reports made it more 'real' how six a.m. will be a tough one!! AAHH!!! I will have to relook at my itinerary to make sure the rest of the day has a break! Thanks so much guys

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!