DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Gaahh I booked a PPO ADR at H&V on 9/17 with the intention of rushing over to Toy Story Land to ride SDD but now I have no idea how this will affect us. Has anyone else had PPO ADRs during EMM?
Unless you want to really rush through a (very expensive) breakfast at H&V, it won't give you any advantage for TSL, in fact it will put you behind the crowds. At MK, PPO people on EMM days are typically held in the line at SDMT until right when the park opens. So no early rides, but still an advantage over the rope drop crowds.

The more I think about it, the more we might do JBJB. This sounds great, but we have a trip planned in December 2018, April 2019, and likely during fall in 2019. We have never done all the Christmas stuff so we may make that our focus this trip especially since we don't know when our next holiday trip will be.

We will have plenty of opportunities to experience SDD and have ridden TSM countless times.

Who know - if this is still offered next year, maybe we will take advantage of it then.

We are going to sleep on it for a couple days though. Disney keeps offering so much! It's impossible to do everything during one trip. Something has to give.

Edit- I also really want to see TSL at night. Especially during the holidays! So JBJB gives us the perfect opportunity to run over there.

Unless you want to really rush through a (very expensive) breakfast at H&V, it won't give you any advantage for TSL, in fact it will put you behind the crowds. At MK, PPO people on EMM days are typically held in the line at SDMT until right when the park opens. So no early rides, but still an advantage over the rope drop crowds.

Thanks for the info! We have impatient toddlers who are fast eaters, and the hubs and I don't do second plates. We typically get out of a buffet in less than an hour as long as the characters come around quickly, but that's just us. Our res is right at 8, so based on previous PPO ADRs, I thought we might be just STEPS ahead of rope droppers. We have only done H&V for lunch before. Is breakfast there typically longer than say, Crystal Palace?

Thanks for the info! We have impatient toddlers who are fast eaters, and the hubs and I don't do second plates. We typically get out of a buffet in less than an hour as long as the characters come around quickly, but that's just us. Our res is right at 8, so based on previous PPO ADRs, I thought we might be just STEPS ahead of rope droppers. We have only done H&V for lunch before. Is breakfast there typically longer than say, Crystal Palace?
We always end up waiting forever at H&V for one character. It’s crazy that it’s happened to us like 4 times.

We always end up waiting forever at H&V for one character. It’s crazy that it’s happened to us like 4 times.
Huge bummer. :sad: My 4yo LOVES character breakfasts, and is incredibly excited about this one. I won't be changing our plans for EMM but it's good to know what to expect.

Now are EMM days typically more crowded for the rest of the day, like EMH days?

I guess no matter what, it's better than being at work. :D

Huge bummer. :sad: My 4yo LOVES character breakfasts, and is incredibly excited about this one. I won't be changing our plans for EMM but it's good to know what to expect.

Now are EMM days typically more crowded for the rest of the day, like EMH days?

I guess no matter what, it's better than being at work. :D

I have no first hand experience, but have heard no it won't be more crowded because the EMM people are so few. Also, they will be out of TSL by the time the park opens anyway so really shouldn't affect that section...

I may be interested to do this (in lieu of an ADR), but to do this now, I would have to swap at least two of my park days, preventing me from getting the ADRs for those days (no availability for pretty much any restaurant at any parks (at a decent time).

So just debating if the fun of having those ADRs (like Tusker House or Crystal Palace) is worth losing for an early morning TSL adventure on a Monday or Wednesday.

I like the concept of just doing Toy Story Land all "at once" without worrying about Fast Passes, wait time, etc.

Also, not sure if doing that would make DHS a half day .. doing the 3 big attractions there before 9:00 AM would leave the rest of the day pretty open if you had Fast Passes for Star Tours, Tower of Terror and/or Rock n Roller coaster. With all the Christmas shows later this year, I was planning on staying late to DHS that day anyway... so not sure if I need the time savings.

I'm booked for 10/8. My ADR's and FP's are already set (and not seeing much room to change given Columbus week crowds), so we'll be doing HS EMM, then park hopping over to MK to carry on with our existing plans. My goal is to leave HS by 10:00 am.

Hoping to catch RNR on standby as we leave the park, but worried about swimming upstream against rope drop crowd as we head that way (either from Toy Story Land or from breakfast) around 9:00. Haven't rope dropped HS in a while, so I'm not up to date on where they're holding crowds. Anyone have thoughts on feasibility of this? Breakfast location will determine if we do RNR first or eat first once the park opens to the public.

I may be interested to do this (in lieu of an ADR), but to do this now, I would have to swap at least two of my park days, preventing me from getting the ADRs for those days (no availability for pretty much any restaurant at any parks (at a decent time).

So just debating if the fun of having those ADRs (like Tusker House or Crystal Palace) is worth losing for an early morning TSL adventure on a Monday or Wednesday.

I like the concept of just doing Toy Story Land all "at once" without worrying about Fast Passes, wait time, etc.

Also, not sure if doing that would make DHS a half day .. doing the 3 big attractions there before 9:00 AM would leave the rest of the day pretty open if you had Fast Passes for Star Tours, Tower of Terror and/or Rock n Roller coaster. With all the Christmas shows later this year, I was planning on staying late to DHS that day anyway... so not sure if I need the time savings.

If it was me, and I wanted to go, but was debating on switching things I would book now, then attempt to find different ADRs on the other switched days. If that makes sense. You hopefully can find some ADRs between now and when you go for the ones you have to switch. People drop ADR's all the time. Probably the closer you get to your trip the easier it will be to find them. BUT if you book now at least you have it while you search. Worst case it doesn't work out and you can't get the ADR's you can just cancel the EMM and keep what you already had.... Although you would run into FP issues if you are switching park days so you would have to take chances there I guess.

Gaahh I booked a PPO ADR at H&V on 9/17 with the intention of rushing over to Toy Story Land to ride SDD but now I have no idea how this will affect us. Has anyone else had PPO ADRs during EMM?

I would also note that the PPO in MK that gives folks an advantage, BOG, is IN the land. Likely no one without an EMM wristband will be able to enter TSL so rope drop and PPO will all be standing there together until they open land. :scared:

Just booked mine for 11/7 - this is a short trip so I didn't think I'd get FPs for anything in TSL. Hope this is worth it! My cheap trip keeps getting more expensive - EMM, HEA Dessert Party, MVMCP, I think I need to stop now. Glad I'm flying on points!

Just booked for 10/29! This trip is just me and my son (who will be almost 4). I'm splurging on anything that will make our experience more enjoyable, since there's not another adult to help with things like holding spots for parades and such. So we're doing this, MNSSHP, and the MK parade dining package. I was going to do the Fantasmic lunch, but now I can just use a FP for it instead. Really looking forward to this trip, and timing was perfect since I don't do FP until next week!

The breakfast runs until 10, so one option is to ride rides and meet characters until 9 or whenever they let everyone else into TSL, then have breakfast. Or ride rides outside of TSL until 9:30-9:45, then have breakfast.

That is what we do for MK EMM, we eat around 9:45a after riding something at park open. Works out great.

Well this just switched up my plans for 9/17! I think it will be worth it. Now I don't have to crazily look for SDD FP after not getting them at 60 days (but I probably still will).

YAY! Report back on how it is!

Do the EMM tickets need to be purchased on the same Disney account as your park passes? I have the park passes (and room reservation) on my account, but my mom is planning on purchasing these extra tickets on hers? Does it matter as long we have the confirmation number?

They will scan your magic band so it should be on the same account as your tickets.

So much fun, but with the fact that I'm dragging an 8, 6, and 4 year old to EMM at MK followed by the MNSSHP that same evening on 10/30, pretty sure getting them up early on 10/31 to do EMM the day after a 15 hour MK marathon would be agony come the early afternoon hours. Nice try Disney, you almost took more money from me...

I was just about to book this for 11/7 (was planning HS for that day anyway), but I checked my Touring plans crowd level prediction, and it is a 1/10. The rides in Toy Story Land are the main ones we want to do there. My kids don't want to do the big rides at all, or the shows. My fast pass window does not open for another 10 days or so.... Decisions, Decisions! Any thoughts on the Touring Plan accuracy? If it's truly a 1/10, I don't know if this is worth it?

I was just about to book this for 11/7 (was planning HS for that day anyway), but I checked my Touring plans crowd level prediction, and it is a 1/10. The rides in Toy Story Land are the main ones we want to do there. My kids don't want to do the big rides at all, or the shows. My fast pass window does not open for another 10 days or so.... Decisions, Decisions! Any thoughts on the Touring Plan accuracy? If it's truly a 1/10, I don't know if this is worth it?

Same here, and I also think that if we've done all of TSL, what is there to do with the rest of the day? We'll be done with the park by 10, lol!

Same here, and I also think that if we've done all of TSL, what is there to do with the rest of the day? We'll be done with the park by 10, lol!
With a preschooler, there's not much else. We are stretching the day until lunch, then going to the hotel to swim and relax until dinner. We're only going back for Fantasmic.

Interesting that TP has HS as a 1/10 on 11/7. I haven’t renewed my membership yet so hadn’t seen crowd level predictions. I assumed since it was Jersey Week all of the parks would be packed. I’m doing tge EMM mainly for the characters. I am not a fan of waiting in line for M&G’s. We are planning to do HS for 2 days. I may be able to fit HS into one day if it’s 1/10 and we do the EMM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!