DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Family of 4 doing this, kids are 10 and 3. Whats the best touring plan? Start with SDD or wait? 3 yo is tall enough for SDD

I was able to get 4 on Aug 14 . I'm hoping that perseverance will get me the 1 more I need for my family.

Have you tried calling? I was able to book 1 person online (needed 2) for our date back in May. I called GS and they were able to add the second one I needed. Not sure if it was pixie dust or one spot opened up. Good luck to you!

Anyone attending EMM Toy Story Land between now and July 17th? I need a scout. PLEASE!!

Need to know if DHS guest relations ticket booth is open when EMM begins. I purchased EMM tix for July 17th for DD (13) and myself, but I need to purchase my DD's "$89 AP friend" ticket that morning so she will have park access for the day. Says we can't buy the "AP friend" tix til day of. Need to know if I can buy her park ticket when we arrive for TSL EMM.

Please help!

Anyone attending EMM Toy Story Land between now and July 17th? I need a scout. PLEASE!!

Need to know if DHS guest relations ticket booth is open when EMM begins. I purchased EMM tix for July 17th for DD (13) and myself, but I need to purchase my DD's "$89 AP friend" ticket that morning so she will have park access for the day. Says we can't buy the "AP friend" tix til day of. Need to know if I can buy her park ticket when we arrive for TSL EMM.

Please help!
Is there an AP phone line you can call to ask? Or if you will be there before that day can you visit a ticket counter the day before to ask and explain your situation?

We are doing EMM on 8/21 - DD8 has no desire to ride SDD - Here is my plan - does this make sense? Anything I should tweak?
At rope drop, DH goes to ride SDD and DD8 and I go to Woody and BoPeep followed by Jessie.
We meet up and all of us go to ride Alien Swirling Saucers and TSMM.
Meet Buzz while DH rides SDD again.
Repeat Aliens and TSMM as time allows.
Leave Toy Story Land at 9am for Star Tours and eat after that.

We are doing EMM on 8/21 - DD8 has no desire to ride SDD - Here is my plan - does this make sense? Anything I should tweak?
At rope drop, DH goes to ride SDD and DD8 and I go to Woody and BoPeep followed by Jessie.

Seems legit to me. If I were DH I'd want to be towards the front of the first folks to SDD. If you get mid/back back in that first rush you can wait longer than you'd like.

Characters come out around 7:30.

With any luck sounds like your plan will work well!

I think that’ll work, except you aren’t riding SDD. Do you want to? For me, the value of TSL EMM was SDD. If 2/3 of my party weren’t doing SDD, I’d have to rethink its value.

Seems legit to me. If I were DH I'd want to be towards the front of the first folks to SDD. If you get mid/back back in that first rush you can wait longer than you'd like.

Characters come out around 7:30.

With any luck sounds like your plan will work well!
I'm sure DH will be at the front of the pack - RD for him to be at the front of FOP is nothing new to him lol so I'm sure SDD will be the same.
I think that’ll work, except you aren’t riding SDD. Do you want to? For me, the value of TSL EMM was SDD. If 2/3 of my party weren’t doing SDD, I’d have to rethink its value.
I can't do roller coasters or anything like that - so no SDD for me. DD8 is a character fanatic so being able to do those 4 characters all early in the morning is a big value for us.

Did it in March 2019, would definitely do it again. The breakfast was pretty good and I managed to go on SDD five times with no wait. I left at 9am to get breakfast and seeing the long line waiting just to go into TSL was a shock and made the $75+tax well worth it.

I apologize as I'm guessing this has been asked before, but we're going in November, do we think there's any chance they'll offer EMM during that time? I'm in the minority in wishing that Galaxy's Edge wasn't open until after our trip:rotfl2:

We did this today and had a blast. Didn’t let us in until 7:30. Hubby and 2 kids went to SDD while me and my younger daughter got in Woody/bo peep line. Probably waited about 20 minutes and they made it off the ride to meet us in time. Then did TSM twice, met Jessie, then did SDD 3 more times. Then Alien saucers twice. Wanted to meet buzz but line was long and it was hot. Breakfast was good but crowded couldn’t find a table inside.

We did EMM at HS on July 1 (Monday).

They let us start towards the TSL around 7:25. We we relatively close to the front, so we went straight to SDD. It was operating, and we were on the third or fourth car within 5 minutes. From there we went straight to TMM and it was a virtual walk-on. The longest part was walking out from the exit, which is a long way, to say the least. We jumped back on SDD with no wait and then got in line for Woody and Bo Peep. There were about 5 groupings ahead of us, and this was the longest we waited for anything. To their credit, Woody and Bo Peep were extremely interactive with the guests. But this can also be perceived as a negative, because it does take a while and the line gets long quickly behind you. We were done with all of that by 8:00 am. We rode AlienSS and TMM again. Then we went back to SDD, which still had essentially no line. After this ride, I walked over to Jedi Training at about 8:20 or so. I was able to sign my boys up for it. While I was there, my wife and boys rode SDD one more time. I then met them around the corner for Buzz M&G. It went quicker than Woody and Bo Peep. We headed from there over to Jessie, but her line was long. We did TMM again and then Slinky 2x more. We could have snuck on an additional time, as we could see the huge "regular" crowd on its way in. We decided to head to breakfast.

We got to Back Lot Express right after 9:00 am. I have to say that I was really surprised/pleased with it. You could order from the choices on the menu, and we got a couple extra just due to picky boys and not just one meal having all they wanted or would eat. They had a nice fruit spread, which also had some danishes and muffins. Drinks and coffee were included of course. There was also cereal and milk. It was a nice spread and selection, in my opinion. It was quite loud in there though, which wasn't a huge deal to us, but could be to others. There is outdoor seating if you wish.

Overall, this was a nice way to experience TSL and like many have mentioned the main draw is being about to ride SDD multiple times. I would say it is probably the favorite ride for my boys (7 and 5) and they just loved going again and again. Not something you could ever do otherwise. I could see arguments for both doing it and not, but would have to say that we definitely got our money's worth this go around!

We did EMM at HS on July 1 (Monday).

They let us start towards the TSL around 7:25. We we relatively close to the front, so we went straight to SDD. It was operating, and we were on the third or fourth car within 5 minutes. From there we went straight to TMM and it was a virtual walk-on. The longest part was walking out from the exit, which is a long way, to say the least. We jumped back on SDD with no wait and then got in line for Woody and Bo Peep. There were about 5 groupings ahead of us, and this was the longest we waited for anything. To their credit, Woody and Bo Peep were extremely interactive with the guests. But this can also be perceived as a negative, because it does take a while and the line gets long quickly behind you. We were done with all of that by 8:00 am. We rode AlienSS and TMM again. Then we went back to SDD, which still had essentially no line. After this ride, I walked over to Jedi Training at about 8:20 or so. I was able to sign my boys up for it. While I was there, my wife and boys rode SDD one more time. I then met them around the corner for Buzz M&G. It went quicker than Woody and Bo Peep. We headed from there over to Jessie, but her line was long. We did TMM again and then Slinky 2x more. We could have snuck on an additional time, as we could see the huge "regular" crowd on its way in. We decided to head to breakfast.

We got to Back Lot Express right after 9:00 am. I have to say that I was really surprised/pleased with it. You could order from the choices on the menu, and we got a couple extra just due to picky boys and not just one meal having all they wanted or would eat. They had a nice fruit spread, which also had some danishes and muffins. Drinks and coffee were included of course. There was also cereal and milk. It was a nice spread and selection, in my opinion. It was quite loud in there though, which wasn't a huge deal to us, but could be to others. There is outdoor seating if you wish.

Overall, this was a nice way to experience TSL and like many have mentioned the main draw is being about to ride SDD multiple times. I would say it is probably the favorite ride for my boys (7 and 5) and they just loved going again and again. Not something you could ever do otherwise. I could see arguments for both doing it and not, but would have to say that we definitely got our money's worth this go around!
Holy cow! Unless I made a mistake, I went through and added up that you guys did SDD x 6, TSM x3, AS2 x1, met Woody/Bo, and met Buzz! I’ve been following this thread from the beginning, and I’m pretty sure that’s a record. I have no idea how you managed that, I was very happy with our totals, which were something like 4/3/2 and 4/2/1 for our 2 times, and one meet each time. Your report is better than most I have read recently, and WAY better than a stretch of reviews we had a bit ago. I wonder what makes the differences?

Holy cow! Unless I made a mistake, I went through and added up that you guys did SDD x 6, TSM x3, AS2 x1, met Woody/Bo, and met Buzz! I’ve been following this thread from the beginning, and I’m pretty sure that’s a record. I have no idea how you managed that, I was very happy with our totals, which were something like 4/3/2 and 4/2/1 for our 2 times, and one meet each time. Your report is better than most I have read recently, and WAY better than a stretch of reviews we had a bit ago. I wonder what makes the differences?

My little boy says we rode SDD 5x, so apologies if I added one. We were in a few minutes before 7:30 which I really think helped a lot. They came on the speakers in the park and announced that Andy's Backyard was open and all rides were operational then, but no characters were out. They came out quickly there after. I would really recommend meeting characters early if they have short lines. It felt sort of like a waste of time, but it is what it is. If you are at Slinky right at the end 8:40 - 9:00 you can easily get on 3 to 4 times in my opinion. I saw people do just that. There was really no line.

I will say that I think our EMM was probably not at full capacity, if that makes a difference....

Anyone from Yacht and Beach Clubs have luck with boats running early lately? We’re going to attend tomorrow and I just asked a CM who said it would be buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter