DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I hope for the same. Which order are you going to do it in?
We will be there in early March and will be trying to do this... we have a FP for RnRC later, so we'll do ToT first, and then hope we can do RnRC as well. The key will be getting ahead of the other rope droppers and leaving TSL in time.

I think that’s our plan too as all of us can ride ToT and only bid kids and I can do RnR .. I will fast pass that for them and I’ll try single rider after they are done and use the extra fastpaaa for a show for littles and I maybe oh heck I don’t know lol

We will be there in early March and will be trying to do this... we have a FP for RnRC later, so we'll do ToT first, and then hope we can do RnRC as well. The key will be getting ahead of the other rope droppers and leaving TSL in time.

We're planning rnrc first then tot because:
1. Rnrc takes less time, so we'll get in the 2nd line sooner
2. Rnrc line builds faster than tot
Good to know... if we get over there with what looks like a lot of time, maybe we'll to RnRC first, too... to be determined!

Jeez didn't think there was a huge rush to book May 6. Just tried and it's sold out. Is it a for sure thing that they will open up more reservation spots with the 7:00 time slot?

Just did EMM today. We were able to ride Slinky 5 times, Saucers once, and Toy Story Mania twice and met Buzz on our way out. We then walked onto Tower of Terror and back for breakfast by around 9:30. For those wondering about Jedi Training, we headed to sign up at 10:20, waited about 15minutes and the only shows left were 4:20 or later. My kids got in the 11:40 show as alternates and at that time there were spots left in the 7pm show. I hope that’s helpful, I found this thread very helpful during my planning.

Did you sign up as alternates for that time or do you show up and see if there are open spots? thx

Jeez didn't think there was a huge rush to book May 6. Just tried and it's sold out. Is it a for sure thing that they will open up more reservation spots with the 7:00 time slot?

I’m really surprised. I didn’t think they sold out quickly either. That’s my date as well, wonder if there’s something going on that day? It’s the only date in May sold out. Can’t help you on the frequency on releasing more spots, but hope they do! It looks like all the April dates have 2 time slots, so would seems likely they would.

usually when dates are booked, they open 7 am slots, so i wouldn't worry too much.
Also remember this is an ADR basically that is cancellable till 1 day before. so if they don't open the 7am slot, keep checking a few times a day, and you will get lucky at some point.

usually when dates are booked, they open 7 am slots, so i wouldn't worry too much.
Also remember this is an ADR basically that is cancellable till 1 day before. so if they don't open the 7am slot, keep checking a few times a day, and you will get lucky at some point.

Yes, I was able to book 2 tix shortly after my post and another 2 just now. Had to call to add the additional 2 though as the online system wouldn’t allow it without cancelling my initial 2 tix.

We're planning rnrc first then tot because:
1. Rnrc takes less time, so we'll get in the 2nd line sooner
2. Rnrc line builds faster than tot

I think this will be our plan, too. And, of course, there's a chance I'll chicken out of ToT and I would hate to have wasted that time in line!

I think this will be our plan, too. And, of course, there's a chance I'll chicken out of ToT and I would hate to have wasted that time in line!
Don’t chicken out! The ride really is fantastic. It’s not nearly as scary as a free fall ride. You’re in an enclosed elevator, and it’s not free fall (it controls your movement up and down, but never actually drops you). Though, at times you do go down fast. Up is pretty fast too,though!

Attended Monday morning's event (2/11) with my husband and two young boys (4 and 2). We left CCV at 6:30am and waited until close to 7am for a bus to DHS. Once we arrived, it was a seamless process to get through bag check, security, and park entry. Because we arrived a little later, we walked straight to TSL without a wait. I was seriously surprised by just how limited the event was. I knew the waits would be almost nonexistent, but you really felt like you had the land almost to yourself. In less than 90 minutes, we rode SDD 5 times, AS2 once, and TSM once. We also met Buzz, Woody, and Jessie. We didn't have time for breakfast as I had booked this event on our departure day and we had to hurry back to catch DME. This event was completely worth the price for my family. With my boys being so young, the lack of waiting for anything made it so valuable.

This board was so helpful with information and planning advice. Thank you to everyone who took time to post their experience. I'm already looking forward to booking this for our next trip in October!

Ok I’m booked the week of Easter and I’m getting terrified of the pics of the walls of rope droppers converging. Is there another way out without getting trampled or what time do you leave by

Ok I’m booked the week of Easter and I’m getting terrified of the pics of the walls of rope droppers converging. Is there another way out without getting trampled or what time do you leave by
The crowds started coming around 8:50. It was a wave of people, super chaotic and kind of scary to see everyone running in like that. Luckily, they all went right to the queue for SDD. We were on the exit bridge for SDD when we saw everyone. We had no problem getting out of TSL at all. I couldn't help but laugh when the line for SDD was instantly to the entrance of TSL. It had to be at least a 90 min wait as soon as the park officially opened.

Question: Why do I see many posts on eating breakfast at 9:30, when the park is open and all other rides are available. Based on page 1, I am seeing that people are being allowed in at 645-650 and breakfast is available then. Why is that not the ideal plan to maximize your time since rides aren't available til 730?

Question: Why do I see many posts on eating breakfast at 9:30, when the park is open and all other rides are available. Based on page 1, I am seeing that people are being allowed in at 645-650 and breakfast is available then. Why is that not the ideal plan to maximize your time since rides aren't available til 730?

I think they've been consistently opening the rides before 7:30, more like 7:15-7:20. Some people end up with just enough time to grab a coffee and a pastry before heading back to wait, but others prefer to just be right at the front of the line and get into TSL as early as possible to maximize ride time there.

Rides open between 7:15 and 7:20, but it takes a few minutes to walk from the food to the line for TSL, which is by the Chinese theater. So, people want to leave Backlot (where the food is) by 7:10 or so. Also, if they open at 6:45, you won't get to Backlot until 6:50. 20 min is not enough time to order a hot meal and eat. So, people grab a quick something (pastry/fruit) as a snack. Then, by 9:30 (after a couple of rope drop rides with super short waits) they are hungry for a large meal.

Yes, that is giving up the last part of short lines. But, it is maximizing EMM time.

For maximum ride time, you would eat breakfast at your hotel before coming to EMM at all, but most don't want to get up extra early for breakfast, and then give up the included breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter