DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Did anyone have the choice between 7am and 7:30am? I only had 7:30 option

FYI, here's a cut/paste from Post #1 with an explanation of how the 7/7:30 time slots works. In short, it makes no difference from a guest experience perspective:

What's Up with the 7AM & 7:30AM Reservation Times?
  • Disney is doing something different with reservation slots for DHS/TSL EMM compared to MK EMM.
  • For most dates, Disney has first been making a 7:30AM time slot available to book.
  • When/if the 7:30AM slot sells out or gets close to selling out, Disney has been adding a 7:00AM time slot for booking.
  • Most (but not all) dates so far have ultimately had "both" time slots bookable.
  • To date, there is NO difference in how Disney handles 7AM or 7:30AM reservations at the event - everyone is treated the same.
  • It appears this is a "slow loading" technique to encourage a more gradual arrival of guests vs all at once.
    • Note! Disney's website contains the following language: "Guests with a 7:30 AM reservation will first enjoy Toy Story Land followed by breakfast, served until 10:00 AM. Based on capacity, we may make other reservation times available, with breakfast preceding the park experience for these Guests."
    • Again, in practice, anyone can arrive early and eat before the event and anyone can eat up until 10am - there has been absolutely no difference in how 7AM and 7:30AM reservations are treated so far.

Thread Update:

Post #2 has a past and current EMM date chart, as well as when dates were released - https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...n-news-may-dates-added.3701980/#post-59644645

Post #3 has been updated with the latest in-thread links to DISer review/experience posts - https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...n-news-may-dates-added.3701980/#post-59644645

Experiences with Jedi Training sign-ups are also posted at the bottom of Post #3 as well.

A huge thank you to those who contribute to this thread - there are nearly 100 review links on Post #3, that's a pretty incredibly number of folks who have stooped by the share their experiences over the relatively short run of this event. I know many of us come to the DIS to research trip planning/help make a judgement on the "worth it" factor for these types of events, and I'd like to think this thread provides a helpful resource for those looking to do EMM for the first time and for repeat guests. Again, many thanks to all who contribute.

:thanks:

Just booked May 13th! Does anyone have a copy of their confirmation that they'd be willing to share (obviously with important info blacked out) stating the cancellation policy? I booked over the phone because I wanted to use a disney gift card but apparently you don't get a confirmation email. The reservation hasn't even showed up in my account yet but the guy said it could take an hour. I know this thread says you can cancel up to the day before but I am OCD and like to actually read it for myself! LOL. Or if it may help if someone who has cancelled in the past tells me it was all ok :-)

Just booked May 13th! Does anyone have a copy of their confirmation that they'd be willing to share (obviously with important info blacked out) stating the cancellation policy? I booked over the phone because I wanted to use a disney gift card but apparently you don't get a confirmation email. The reservation hasn't even showed up in my account yet but the guy said it could take an hour. I know this thread says you can cancel up to the day before but I am OCD and like to actually read it for myself! LOL. Or if it may help if someone who has cancelled in the past tells me it was all ok :-)

I booked the MK EMM over the phone with a gift card and also didn’t get a confirmation email (although the CM told me I would ...) but it has shown up in MDE. In giving me the standard terms and conditions spiel, my CM told me 5 days to cancel. Everyone on the MK EMM thread assured me that it’s 1 day.

It sure would be nice if they put this information where you could actually find it - like in the MDE reservation information!!

EMM is like any ADR, many book/cancel/change dates all the time.

From the confirmation e-mail:

Guest Policies

Cancel
  • There is a 1 day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged / forfeited if Guest cancels within 1 day or no shows for the reservation.

I booked the MK EMM over the phone with a gift card and also didn’t get a confirmation email (although the CM told me I would ...) but it has shown up in MDE. In giving me the standard terms and conditions spiel, my CM told me 5 days to cancel. Everyone on the MK EMM thread assured me that it’s 1 day.

It sure would be nice if they put this information where you could actually find it - like in the MDE reservation information!!

5 days! It's amazing to me how inaccurate phone CMs can be! Mine said cancel by 11pm the night before. Also said if we didn't show up we'd be charged $10 a person (which i don't think is true since we already paid the full price of the event so I don't know why we'd be penalized more for not showing up when they already got our money!

Did you get the confirmation number over the phone? If so,you can manually put the link into your MDE,and see the reservation. Then, I think there’s an option to send a confirmation email, which should then have the cancellation policy attached.

FYI, here's a cut/paste from Post #1 with an explanation of how the 7/7:30 time slots works. In short, it makes no difference from a guest experience perspective:

What's Up with the 7AM & 7:30AM Reservation Times?
  • Disney is doing something different with reservation slots for DHS/TSL EMM compared to MK EMM.
  • For most dates, Disney has first been making a 7:30AM time slot available to book.
  • When/if the 7:30AM slot sells out or gets close to selling out, Disney has been adding a 7:00AM time slot for booking.
  • Most (but not all) dates so far have ultimately had "both" time slots bookable.
  • To date, there is NO difference in how Disney handles 7AM or 7:30AM reservations at the event - everyone is treated the same.
  • It appears this is a "slow loading" technique to encourage a more gradual arrival of guests vs all at once.
    • Note! Disney's website contains the following language: "Guests with a 7:30 AM reservation will first enjoy Toy Story Land followed by breakfast, served until 10:00 AM. Based on capacity, we may make other reservation times available, with breakfast preceding the park experience for these Guests."
    • Again, in practice, anyone can arrive early and eat before the event and anyone can eat up until 10am - there has been absolutely no difference in how 7AM and 7:30AM reservations are treated so far.
Thank you for posting this! It's odd because I had been trying to book April 29th for a while and the only option that was showing was the 7:30 a.m. time slot which has been unavailable. They opened the 7:00 a.m. time slot for booking today but now when I go back on the website, it is saying that both the 7:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. time slots are available. I'm wondering if some people cancelled their 7:30 a.m. reservation when the 7:00 a.m. time slot opened up? Personally, we are not early risers so I was hoping for the later start but if there is no difference in terms of the guest experience, I'm probably not going to bother changing the reservation (being Canadian, we lose a bit of money on the reverse exchange whenever we have to cancel or change a pre-paid reservation). Anyhoo, if we are running a bit late for our 7:00 a.m. reservation and arrive closer to 7:30 a.m., does anyone know if that will be a problem?

Did you get the confirmation number over the phone? If so,you can manually put the link into your MDE,and see the reservation. Then, I think there’s an option to send a confirmation email, which should then have the cancellation policy attached.
Thank you! I was able to add the confirmation number to at least see my reservation! I couldn't figure out how to email the confirmation but that's ok. I really don't have any plans to cancel, just like to know it all in advance, just in case :-)

Thank you for posting this! It's odd because I had been trying to book April 29th for a while and the only option that was showing was the 7:30 a.m. time slot which has been unavailable. They opened the 7:00 a.m. time slot for booking today but now when I go back on the website, it is saying that both the 7:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. time slots are available. I'm wondering if some people cancelled their 7:30 a.m. reservation when the 7:00 a.m. time slot opened up? Personally, we are not early risers so I was hoping for the later start but if there is no difference in terms of the guest experience, I'm probably not going to bother changing the reservation (being Canadian, we lose a bit of money on the reverse exchange whenever we have to cancel or change a pre-paid reservation). Anyhoo, if we are running a bit late for our 7:00 a.m. reservation and arrive closer to 7:30 a.m., does anyone know if that will be a problem?
The only problem will be that you cut yourself short on time there

This Fridays in March thing has me debating changing up our schedule...we’re booked for March 6, but we arrive the day before and I’m not sure we’re going to want an early morning right away, and because we have Canadian tickets EMM means we have to go to Disney Springs the night we arrive to activate them. If we had a lazier morning we could activate them when we arrive at a park and just eat at the hotel that night. I’d have to change all our FPs and things but we don’t have anything too hard to get for either of those days so I can probably do some flip flopping. Hmmm...here I was thinking I was done tinkering with plans!

This Fridays in March thing has me debating changing up our schedule...we’re booked for March 6, but we arrive the day before and I’m not sure we’re going to want an early morning right away, and because we have Canadian tickets EMM means we have to go to Disney Springs the night we arrive to activate them. If we had a lazier morning we could activate them when we arrive at a park and just eat at the hotel that night. I’d have to change all our FPs and things but we don’t have anything too hard to get for either of those days so I can probably do some flip flopping. Hmmm...here I was thinking I was done tinkering with plans!

I am looking for tickets for March 6th. It’s my daughter’s birthday and we decided to plan a last minute 2day trip (so Friday doesn’t work for us). If you do switch would you mind messaging me?

I am looking for tickets for March 6th. It’s my daughter’s birthday and we decided to plan a last minute 2day trip (so Friday doesn’t work for us). If you do switch would you mind messaging me?
Will do! We’re talking it over now, I’m going to play with our plans and see what works and I’ll let you know.

Update: ok, the one possible sticking point is we have PPO breakfast at GG booked on Friday, none currently bookable on Wednesday. I have a search set up so we’ll see if it finds us one. Otherwise it looks pretty straightforward, we’d just be moving our Epcot FPs later in the day and they’re all easily available. Heck, under 30 days I see even FEA has a full afternoon of availability still!

Last edited:
Will do! We’re talking it over now, I’m going to play with our plans and see what works and I’ll let you know.

Update: ok, the one possible sticking point is we have PPO breakfast at GG booked on Friday, none currently bookable on Wednesday. I have a search set up so we’ll see if it finds us one. Otherwise it looks pretty straightforward, we’d just be moving our Epcot FPs later in the day and they’re all easily available. Heck, under 30 days I see even FEA has a full afternoon of availability still!

Thanks for the update!

Does anyone wonder if the reason for the smaller date release of EMM at TSL (only May opening this week vs MK EMM dates opened thru August) has anything to do with Disney's statement this past week of SWGE opening no later than September? Wonder if they are still waiting to see how far along they get prior to summer release dates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter