DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Darn it, I need June. When they opened June for MK EMM and I saw they opened dates for this I just assumed June would be included. Silly me, why would I be able to plan my meals at 6 months out but not my actual days in the parks yet. It’s making it difficult for us to nail down which days we’re going where, since we want lots of resort time and are trying to decide if we should renew our APs or just go to the parks a few days. In addition, if they happen to add any DAH to our time that will really change things- but I will be willing to adjust our schedule for that!

Every time this happens it gets me all fired up! How can they expect us to be crazy and have to plan meals and where we’ll be at 6 months and rides at 2 months, but then not release things ahead of time to let us plan? Then they have the audacity to change park hours a few weeks ahead,
Change extra magic hours within the 60 days, and add events like this AFTER the time that they make you feel you should have your entire trip planned to the minute. It’s crazy, and we’re all crazy for putting up with it. But we do, myself included :headache:

Ok, I’m done :upsidedow

That’s the day I’ve been waiting on for months. I check literally 3 times a day. I feel like it’s just not bookable yet
This is literally me for the last several months. I check multiple times a day since it's the only area of HS that my mom has any interest in, it shows up today and I had a heart attack when it said there wasn't anything available when I checked times. Now I'm going to have to jump on every day early just to check and see if they've opened yet.

This is literally me for the last several months. I check multiple times a day since it's the only area of HS that my mom has any interest in, it shows up today and I had a heart attack when it said there wasn't anything available when I checked times. Now I'm going to have to jump on every day early just to check and see if they've opened yet.
You shouldn't have to wait long. When our dates went blue it was within 24 hrs that it was bookable. Good luck!

There’s really no reason to panic. These events don’t sell out quickly and as long as they’re released before the fp window opens, it’s not an issue. Last trip, FEA dessert buffet didn’t open until just a day or so before my 60 day window. That was a nail biter! I’ll be glad when it dies become available to book, but I just check a couple of times a day. It’s just not going to sell out that fast.

it's the day i need too.. it's my only HS day, and was planning on doing EMM there..
It's the first day of the month and happens to be on Wednesday so I hope it's just an oversight and they realize and correct it soon.

May 1 is the 30th anniversary I would assume no emm that day because they probably with do something special for the 30th?

May 1 is the 30th anniversary I would assume no emm that day because they probably with do something special for the 30th?

Ouch... you’re right, I’ve missed that. Although they have made no indication of any events that day, but all the announcements were all through the year events.
Now I’m thinking whether I should move our DHS day to Monday for EMM, or keep it for Wednesday and maybe we get lucky with something new / different during that day at HS..

Just booked May 6. Looks like only May is open, anything beyond was greyed out. April 29th now has availability as well.

Last edited:
Tried to book Early Morning last night for May it was unavailable, but it's now open to book.
Just got a reservation for May 8th :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!