DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

There’s a wheelchair ramp to the right as you exit. They don’t let you use it to enter TSL when there’s a line or when RD is happening but you can use it as an exit
What time does you get back to ABC to eat?

I'm wondering specifically if you would have had time to ride ToT before eating.

We'll only have 1 day at HS. If there isn't time for both rnrc and tot, I'm wondering if I'd be better off getting FP for those 2 and rd star tours, to cut back on walking up and down sunset (and star tours is right near ABC)

I'm wondering specifically if you would have had time to ride ToT before eating.

We'll only have 1 day at HS. If there isn't time for both rnrc and tot, I'm wondering if I'd be better off getting FP for those 2 and rd star tours, to cut back on walking up and down sunset (and star tours is right near ABC)
Event is til 10 for food so you could run over there before you eat. @kat_lh reported she did that

I could have done both but for whatever reason, the TOT line was really long early on.

We RD’d RNRC with less than 10 minutes wait, most of it walking the queue. We beat my husband who did TSMM back to ABC. We had 9:35 FP for TOT so that worked well for breakfast.

We were leaving TSL at 8:48 and in front of RNRC at 8:52. If you wanted a little more insurance time on doing both rides, leave TSL 8:40-8:45 which means you may lose one last TSL ride though.

The walking time wasn’t that great (I took a picture of my food at 9:15) we just more decided not to do TOT because we had a FP for it and didn’t want to wait at all.

There’s a wheelchair ramp to the right as you exit. They don’t let you use it to enter TSL when there’s a line or when RD is happening but you can use it as an exit

Just wanted to check that you can use the ramp to get to tsl when emm starts. We will be traveling with my fil who is in a wheelchair. Thanks!

Just wanted to check that you can use the ramp to get to tsl when emm starts. We will be traveling with my fil who is in a wheelchair. Thanks!

FWIW, when we lined up in front of the Chinese theater last Monday... when they let the line start moving towards TSL they made everyone take that ramp. This was around 7:25ish.

I’m slowly working my way through the thread. I’ve just booked for Feb. The date was perfect for our already planned HS morning and takes the pressure off booking Toy Story Land FPs. We can focus on other DHS ones.

My question is do the resort buses start early enough to get there for EMM (I’d want to be at the park around 7 for a 7:30 EMM reservation). I’m assuming yes, but want to check as I have an ECV so if they don’t I’ll have to figure out other transport that will also carry the ECV. Thanks.

We are doing EMM also and are planning to get the rides at least once, meet Woody and Jessie, then around RD head to RnRC. We plan to do SW, then have fps for ToT at 10:30. Do you think it will be possible to get RnRC and SW done before breakfast is over? We also want to meet Mickey and Minnie, but I may take the kids while the others do RnRC.

I have EMM for DHS. We are mainly doing EMM for the ease of getting to ride the attractions with very little effort (like FP scrambling/beat the crowds) and we are not the sort who need to ride multiple times. If we do, fine, but not the ruin of my day if we don't. That said, my plan is to leave TSL around 8:45 and have half the party go to RnRC while I take the kids to the M&M greet. Then Star Tours. I currently have fps for RnRC, ToT and ST, though I don't need the ST one. If I cancel everything besides ToT, I can get fps for later at MK, correct? For the girls and me, I can go ahead now and once they tap ToT, I can get them 2 more for MK? Is this a good plan, and will it work? Oh and after ST we will have breakfast. Would you also cancel ToT and try for a walk on? If I keep that one, I can still get 2 fp at MK after it's been tapped?

For those of you who are worried about getting a minnie van. You can pre reserve mears online. This way the mears driver will be waiting for you at your resort at a pre determined time and you do not have to deal with the minnie van app and possibly not getting one. While the service and car seats are def better with minnie vans we found last trip they were hard to come by all the time. We are staying at the beach club this trip so it's a non issue for us we plan on walking over. But for those of you stressing how you will get to HS i would def pre reserve a mears van or taxi online. If i was at another resort this would be my plan of attack for getting there
on time.
Can you book an accessible (I have an ECV) mears van do you know?

My question is do the resort buses start early enough to get there for EMM (I’d want to be at the park around 7 for a 7:30 EMM reservation). I’m assuming yes, but want to check as I have an ECV so if they don’t I’ll have to figure out other transport that will also carry the ECV. Thanks.

The resort buses have been reported to start around 6:15 for EMM. I would get to a stop at 6am so that you have the time to load onto the bus, unload off of the bus, and then make the 10 min walk. They have been letting people in at 7am lately and heading them to breakfast. At 7:20 people have been held around the Chinese Theater before being walked over to TSL.

I have EMM for DHS. We are mainly doing EMM for the ease of getting to ride the attractions with very little effort (like FP scrambling/beat the crowds) and we are not the sort who need to ride multiple times. If we do, fine, but not the ruin of my day if we don't. That said, my plan is to leave TSL around 8:45 and have half the party go to RnRC while I take the kids to the M&M greet. Then Star Tours. I currently have fps for RnRC, ToT and ST, though I don't need the ST one. If I cancel everything besides ToT, I can get fps for later at MK, correct? For the girls and me, I can go ahead now and once they tap ToT, I can get them 2 more for MK? Is this a good plan, and will it work? Oh and after ST we will have breakfast. Would you also cancel ToT and try for a walk on? If I keep that one, I can still get 2 fp at MK after it's been tapped?

If you only do one FP in DHS, I am not sure you will be able to make a FP for a different park until your other two run out. If you only make one FP for DHS you will not then be able to make two for MK when you use your first one at DHS. You 'might' be able to make one FP for MK after using the first FP, but last time I was there it did not allow us to do a FP at another park until our first three were complete and I couldn't even cancel a FP that we were not going to use and had to wait for it to run out before making more FP's. Although we did move it to an earlier time so it ran out faster.

I have read a few reports of people doing RnRC and ToT stand by before breakfast so depending on the time of year and the crowd level in general it should be possible as long as neither one is down right away in the morning. I would probably make the three FP's for Magic Kingdom if that is where you plan to spend most of your day.

The resort buses have been reported to start around 6:15 for EMM. I would get to a stop at 6am so that you have the time to load onto the bus, unload off of the bus, and then make the 10 min walk. They have been letting people in at 7am lately and heading them to breakfast. At 7:20 people have been held around the Chinese Theater before being walked over to TSL.

If you only do one FP in DHS, I am not sure you will be able to make a FP for a different park until your other two run out. If you only make one FP for DHS you will not then be able to make two for MK when you use your first one at DHS. You 'might' be able to make one FP for MK after using the first FP, but last time I was there it did not allow us to do a FP at another park until our first three were complete and I couldn't even cancel a FP that we were not going to use and had to wait for it to run out before making more FP's. Although we did move it to an earlier time so it ran out faster.

I have read a few reports of people doing RnRC and ToT stand by before breakfast so depending on the time of year and the crowd level in general it should be possible as long as neither one is down right away in the morning. I would probably make the three FP's for Magic Kingdom if that is where you plan to spend most of your day.
I'm kind of leaning that way. If the 3 in our party leave TSL at 8:45, they could then hop on ToT then go over to RnRC. At least it is single rider. I can take the kids to meet M&M and then we eat breakfast? Star Tours should not be crowded yet. I hope. All I know is I want out of TSL before the RD people get there. Our goal: Ride SDD, TSMM, and Alien ride. Meet Woody and Jessie. That's it. More is a bonus. No way I can eat breakfast and do those rides, however, I feel the value is in the lower crowds and breakfast, not to mention heading for other attractions while most are either signing up for Jedi Training or TSL. Then we can do things like Beauty and the Beast and Indiana Jones at our leisure. Hopefully out by 12:00 so we can rest before the party.

I'm kind of leaning that way. If the 3 in our party leave TSL at 8:45, they could then hop on ToT then go over to RnRC. At least it is single rider. I can take the kids to meet M&M and then we eat breakfast? Star Tours should not be crowded yet. I hope. All I know is I want out of TSL before the RD people get there. Our goal: Ride SDD, TSMM, and Alien ride. Meet Woody and Jessie. That's it. More is a bonus. No way I can eat breakfast and do those rides, however, I feel the value is in the lower crowds and breakfast, not to mention heading for other attractions while most are either signing up for Jedi Training or TSL. Then we can do things like Beauty and the Beast and Indiana Jones at our leisure. Hopefully out by 12:00 so we can rest before the party.

Star Tours doesn't get more than a short wait until after 10am.

I've never had luck with single rider with RnRC and always wait forever to get on. I would think you would be able to do ToT and RnRC and then head back to breakfast (of course that is depending on the time of year you are there too). It probably wouldn't work on my day which is the week before Christmas. Although we are going to try.

I currently have fps for RnRC, ToT and ST, though I don't need the ST one. If I cancel everything besides ToT, I can get fps for later at MK, correct?

Yes, this is correct more or less. The key is to not pre-book all three. If you pre-book all three then you need to use them/let them expire before booking FPs at another park. But if you only pre-book one or two, once you scan the first you can book a FP at another park (obviously subject to availability at that moment in time).

Here is a link to the FP sticky with more info: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ing-anytime-fps-cl-fps.3538258/#post-56320829

Hope that helps!

I was planning on booking this for my trip in February but the more I think about it and the more reviews I read, the less I think it will be worth it. I do not have a HS day planned for this trip but my son said he wanted to ride Slinky Dog so I thought this event would be the perfect way for him to ride but be able to save our 3 FP's for another park.

I'm really still on the fence. We did the MK EMM in July and loved it so I'm thinking we may do that again, especially since it's been expanded. Plus we're staying at BLT so transportation hang ups won't be an issue. Of course, we could always do both I suppose. We have AP's so spending $$ on events like this is a little more tolerable. Decisions, decisions...

I've read many of these pages, but not all 65, can you direct me to where I'd find info on recent reviews and strategies that make sense for this event? Planning on July trip with boys age 7 &. 4 yrs old. Hoping to ride TSL rides multiple times, sign up for Jedi training, enjoy breakfast. Is that too ambitious?

I've read many of these pages, but not all 65, can you direct me to where I'd find info on recent reviews and strategies that make sense for this event? Planning on July trip with boys age 7 &. 4 yrs old. Hoping to ride TSL rides multiple times, sign up for Jedi training, enjoy breakfast. Is that too ambitious?

I would read through the reviews linked on Post #3 of this thread. The event is very new and we’re still digesting strategies, timing, crowd levels, etc. But the experience posts so far (particularly the ones 10/1+) will help get a feel for how people are approaching things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter