DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We were behind them but it didn’t matter for RNRC. If you wanted to eat + ride both, I’d grab a FP for one and rush to the other.

I don’t know when we could have gotten ahead of the RD as we were just trying to maximize our TSL time. It might be more predictable if they stop letting the RD crowd into TSL early.
Ok thanks. I read Josh's review too and it seems RNRC and TOT were both 5 minutes or less at rd and for a bit after. We plan on ropedropping them both, then heading to breakfast by 9:30. We also have a fp for both of them later in the day so we'll be able to ride twice. At least EMM does give you an advantage of getting TSL done early so you can head somewhere else at rd.

Ok thanks. I read Josh's review too and it seems RNRC and TOT were both 5 minutes or less at rd and for a bit after. We plan on ropedropping them both, then heading to breakfast by 9:30. We also have a fp for both of them later in the day so we'll be able to ride twice. At least EMM does give you an advantage of getting TSL done early so you can head somewhere else at rd.

And we were on a holiday so that could have been why I saw such a line for TOT and he didn’t.

And we were on a holiday so that could have been why I saw such a line for TOT and he didn’t.

Yeah, moment in time pics can be deceiving sometimes, but his write up about post 9am time seemed WAY less crowded than what we witnessed leaving the park yesterday AM. My impression from what I witnessed was that Columbus Day holiday crowds were well in effect yesterday.

Why was Josh saying Jessie and woody would be a priority for the meet and greet vs Buzz? Are they not out during the day normally?

Why was Josh saying Jessie and woody would be a priority for the meet and greet vs Buzz? Are they not out during the day normally?

Basically, because people see Buzz on their way INTO the event, they're more likely to stop then and wait. The lines for Woody and Jessie stay long throughout because they are further inside and easier to see. He's saying people should aim to meet Woody and Jessie early on and then go Buzz after 8 because most everyone will be further INSIDE the land enjoying the rides and waiting for Woody and Jessie. Hope that helps.

Ugh, Josh’s review doesn’t make it sound as good as the original reviews. Like others have said 10min wait for SDD which seems ridiculous for a paid event (especially when comparing to MK EMM reviews)

So, I was one of the original reviews, and after reading reviews of yesterday, I gotta admit that sounds nothing like the event I attended. I did attend the first one on Sept 17th, so it could very well be that since it was also the media event they purposely kept the crowds low, but we never saw a wait at all for any of the rides. We rode Slinky 10 times, with breaks, and never had a line. Curious to see reports from future mornings, we absolutely loved the event we attended, and hope to attend again next year...especially if it's with no waits again!

Well, Josh's review certainly mimicked what many have ready been reporting here and what I suspected. Many of the issues we have all been wondering about seemed to have been confirmed. Too long of a wait for SDD during an EMM event. Breakfast not being convenient to TSL. It should be a full buffet where you can get in and out quickly. I am disheartened that they have pushed the limit and it now seems to be oversold. We will still do the event, but it does not seem like the value will be there as much as the original EMM at MK has been. I suppose my expectations have to change and I have to know that there will be waits for SDD and I will not get the same number of rides on SDD that we do on 7DMT at MK's EMM. Frustrating because that event was so great and worth every penny. Why must they change these things that are getting rave reviews? Oh yeah, money.
Eh. I'm taking his review with a grain of salt. One event had mixed reviews so far. The others were overwhelmingly positive. Waiting for more events before I start getting concerned.

Eh. I'm taking his review with a grain of salt. One event had mixed reviews so far. The others were overwhelmingly positive. Waiting for more events before I start getting concerned.

His are usually the only ones I don't take with a grain of salt, BUT I am also waiting for more reviews. I doubt we will cancel as this is the one thing my kid wants to do.

I think Josh did a pretty good job explaining why he waited till later to review the event and what to expect if you go.
To me it's weird that the first 1/2 hour they went you to eat a big breakfast (with some flavorful options) and then go on a roller coaster and a spinning ride. Plus having to stand in line to order food as opposed to just having the a buffet w/ little to no wait.

I think Josh did a pretty good job explaining why he waited till later to review the event and what to expect if you go.
To me it's weird that the first 1/2 hour they went you to eat a big breakfast (with some flavorful options) and then go on a roller coaster and a spinning ride. Plus having to stand in line to order food as opposed to just having the a buffet w/ little to no wait.
Right. I don't think that anything he said was wrong, but I think it's possible that not all the events will go the same way. It's still relatively new. It also sounded like they were behind in the kitchen. Maybe it was just an "off" day.

With that said, that could be the way it is going forward. I just think it might be too soon to tell if it'll be the norm.

The breakfast will be the same, but personally I'll get sick if I eat a bunch of pancakes before a coaster too. Haha.

His are usually the only ones I don't take with a grain of salt, BUT I am also waiting for more reviews. I doubt we will cancel as this is the one thing my kid wants to do.

I usually agree with many of his reviews too. I appreciate the honesty and actually providing real/useful info vs just generic Disney marketing info. Frankly his post isn’t all that different than my Monday review upthread.

Personally, while I’m not absolutely gushing over the experience - it was a still a reasonable value proposition from our perspective all things considered, and in all likelihood we’d do it again for certain trips.

Like with any Disney event though, I think it has to be viewed through body of work reviews, which hopefully threads like this provide a good forum for. With only three “dual time” dates having occurred so far, I’m curious to see how things go as we move along through the balance of fall and holiday season.

Disney has certainly been quick to add Jan-March dates, so they must like what they see on their end. :-)

I read through the review from Josh -- I am wondering if you are not ordering the hot breakfast right when they let you in -- is there another means to head to just the fruit and pastry area to grab something quick? It seems like there is quite the crowd in there for the hot food. I don't really want to get caught up in that mess of people. We plan on a quick something and then hitting the real breakfast later.

His line is usually no where near as long at Jessie/Woody during the day plus you can meet him at MK. Their line during the day is awful. It would be my goal to meet the hardest ones to do on a normal day first so I agree with him on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!