DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I’ll be at BLT from October 25 through 30, so Oct 29 is the only day that myself and son could go. We are going to MNSSHP on October 25 and 29 and will probably stay both nights until midnight, getting to bed no earlier than 12:30. Getting up at 6 to take a bus over to HS to get there close to 7 would be possible for me but it would be a hard sell for my 10 year old son. I’ll wait several weeks before making my final decision but will treat my 60 day FP window that starts this Sunday like we will not be going. On a side note, going to the booking site, I saw no place to use Disney gift cards. Maybe, they will take them over the phone. If I’m allowed two different forms of purchase, I’d use my Disney visa redemption card that has $50 on it and a gift card purchased from Target at 5% off. It’s too bad that Disney can’t do a couple of these promotions late at night. I just checked to move my MNSSHP from October 28 to 26. That’s doeable but I can’t change my October 26th reservation to see return to sleep hallow to October 27 or 28. I’ll have to keep my original plan for Hollywood Studios and FP selection. My son thinks that 7 dwarfs mine train is too short, so one or two times on slickly dog should be enough.

Last edited:
I booked this, but unfortunately it is only offered on our arrival day and departure day for our short trip in October, so there's a very good change I'll have to cancel :sad:. To keep it we would have to change our return flights which either means paying around $300 more for the 4 of us or getting back to Pittsburgh at 11 PM with a 2 hr drive and school/work the next morning. Plus getting up at the crack of dawn, packing up, checking out, and doing RAC on our departure day. At least we are booked SW so changing is an option, but it might have been better if it wasn't... Just so people know, I assumed that the one day cancellation policy would be the correct one, since the wording is the same as for the MK EMM, and it is. On my reservations page the reservation shows up, and the cancel reservation option is there and clickable. Just like the return of DAH this summer, I was so happy to see it offered and then so sad to see it didn't quite work with our planned trip! Why can't this stuff be out there more ahead of time!!!! Then we could possibly have adjusted dates.

Last edited:
One interesting note on the confirmation e-mail:

Guests will check-in at the main entrance of Disney's Hollywood Studios starting at 7am and receive a wristband for event identification

For reference, the MK/Fantasyland EMM confirmation e-mail has a 7:30am check-in time and a 7:45am event start time (which is the time they let you in the front gate).

Interesting. This is one reason I hate calling to book, I never get the confirmation email! Grrrr

They don't have it on the day we were planning on going due to that day being EMH at Hollywood Studios.
Which is a shame, as it would have been a good option.

We're too far down the line to swap park days so we'll just have to deal with it as-is.

I booked today. Very pleased they added character meets. But I am also very leery of the main dish breakfast choices not big on Fried Chicken for breakfast or Avocado Toast, hoping there is a third or fourth choice, maybe scrambled eggs & toast or pancakes/waffles, at least some other main dish choice.

The breakfast served at MK Early Morning Magic is wonderful, would like to see something similar for DHS Early Morning Magic.

Last edited:

I like the idea of their food offerings!

I think we'll skip it. Our HS day is already a crowd level of 2 and we're doing MVMCP the night before! The website says to allow 1.5 hours for disney transportation to get you there, so I'm thinking walking or driving/ubering is the best option.

Tempting, but I don't think it would work with my young family yet -- I can't imagine getting a 2 and 6 yo (and the grandparents) to the park BEFORE 7:30 AM to take advantage of this.

Plus it feels like the breakfast would just eat into the time you would need to ride the rides and meet the characters

The breakfast runs until 10, so one option is to ride rides and meet characters until 9 or whenever they let everyone else into TSL, then have breakfast. Or ride rides outside of TSL until 9:30-9:45, then have breakfast.

I booked for 11/7, the only day available during or next trip. Also doing MK EMM on 11/6. Can’t wait!

This happens on our Epcot day.

Would it be weird to do this and then hop to Epcot for the rest of the day? I really don’t want to have to switch days since I have all of my ADRs set.

Of course, I have the JBJB dessert party that evening, so I guess I’d be hopping back and forth.

Or I could just be a normal person and switch park days. :rolleyes:

I would probably switch just because I have a soft rule for myself of only hopping once a day. But if you don't mind wasting some time waiting for transportation, etc., it isn't the end of the world.

I would really love to do this but there is a 0% chance I could get my kids (or DH) up and ready that early. I wish they would do a nighttime "after hours" version!

Well this just switched up my plans for 9/17! I think it will be worth it. Now I don't have to crazily look for SDD FP after not getting them at 60 days (but I probably still will).

I think we will end up doing 12/5 or 12/10 if we do it. Likely 12/5 because 12/10 is our departure day. 12/6 is MVMCP though.

Someone please post if they encounter an issue with booking a particular date because it's sold out!

Gaahh I booked a PPO ADR at H&V on 9/17 with the intention of rushing over to Toy Story Land to ride SDD but now I have no idea how this will affect us. Has anyone else had PPO ADRs during EMM?

Do the EMM tickets need to be purchased on the same Disney account as your park passes? I have the park passes (and room reservation) on my account, but my mom is planning on purchasing these extra tickets on hers? Does it matter as long we have the confirmation number?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter