DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Thx for the reply. I’m planning on staying at Port Orleans and was wandering if a bus would get us there on time ?

Do we have any idea if it doubles the number of people in attendance when Disney adds a 7:00am timeslot to a date? I haven’t seen any hard numbers on how many tickets they have been selling overall, or if the additional time slot adds 25% or 50% more?

We’re going in March and have two possible dates we could do EMM on. Obviously we’d prefer to be there with fewer people!

Thanks for all the reviews and info!

It has to increase the numbers I would think but I am also curious if someone had some evidence of numbers

At the rate things are going, I think it’s safe to say that all dates (except for the first two) have or will have the dual time slots for all/most dates.

There are anomalies - like the 11/5 date that was added at the last minute 2 weeks out - but other than that the trend is pretty much all dual time slots.

No one has a good guest # at this point. The Commissary holds 600 people (per the plaque on the wall by the entrance) My guess is EMM is every bit of that, and probably more.

Thx for the reply. I’m planning on staying at Port Orleans and was wandering if a bus would get us there on time ?
We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and took the bus. According to the app, the first bus to HS was at 5:51 am. We got on the third bus at 6:32 am. DS and I were the only riders. We arrived in plenty of time.

I tried to buy my tickets yesterday for 1/28 and was bummed to see it sold out! I have been checking all day and see the 7am time slot was added, hoping it will be available soon for us to book!!

Don’t fret, it’s usually a staggered window between when the 7am time slot gets added and it actually shows up as available/bookable. I’d take that as a good sign it’s about to be added.

This thing has a big guest count, so generally speaking will not sell out ‘right away.’

Thank you for this information! I got my tickets today!

Many thanks to @MKTokyo, @suzymouse724, and @disneyworldsk for their recent reviews. Post #3 reviews links have been updated.

Thanks again to everyone for sharing their DHS EMM experiences.

:thanks:
thank you for keeping everything so organized. These threads have been completely invaluable for people booking these events and keeping all of the links so organized and the info on the first few pages really helps wade through the tremendous amount of information!

I was waiting and debating on booking this for 2/20 and then when I finally decided to book, it was sold out. 2 days later they added the 7am time slot so I am now booked.

A little bit of strategizing here: Attending the EMM on 12/03. Do you think it is possible to do the following after EMM:

1. Meet Mickey/Minnie
2. Tower of Terror
3. Eat breakfast at ABC Commissary (30-45 minutes)
4. Catch the 11am show of Beauty and the Beast (would need to be there by about 1040-1045 I am guessing)

Doable? How would you approach? DO you think you could get TOT and Mickey done before breakfast was over with (Hoping this is the case). Which one would you do first?

Thanks!

A little bit of strategizing here: Attending the EMM on 12/03. Do you think it is possible to do the following after EMM:

1. Meet Mickey/Minnie
2. Tower of Terror
4. Catch the 11am show of Beauty and the Beast (would need to be there by about 1040-1045 I am guessing)

Doable? How would you approach? DO you think you could get TOT and Mickey done before breakfast was over with (Hoping this is the case). Which one would you do first?

Thanks!

I’m hoping to do something similar on 1/2. Only difference is RNRC instead of meeting Mickey.

We went to EMM on 11/7 – I found others’ reviews so helpful and wanted to make sure to share our experience. I tried to take pictures to give timing of things – I am usually not this detailed person but again, thought if it helped anyone, it’d be worth it.

I had read about transportation issues so I had a backup plan as we headed to the bus at POP. We got there about 6:50 (had checked the app). It turned out that was the first bus of the day at POP – the people at the front of the line had been there since 6am and had seen the app showing arrival times for buses that never arrived. They were extremely frustrated. I imagine some of those folks saw a reservation time of 7:00am and thought that actually meant something so being late for it was disastrous. Either way, there has to be better attention paid to transportation if they are going to tell you its available.

We were the last people on the first bus which left POP at 7:01, arriving at HS at 7:09. We scanned and were walking towards the theater at 7:20.

We headed right for TSL. Got our picture taken at 7:26 and then headed to TSMM. That was always my plan but SDD was not running any people at the time anyway.

We entered that line at 7:28 and rode that one twice without getting off. Note – I let the 10 year old win on the second round and felt like Mother Teresa. We finished that second ride at 7:43 (took a picture of the scores for him). After a couple minutes of walking to the exit, we headed over to AS2.

We were on AS2 at 7:53 – we had just missed a round and had to wait for the next one. Rode that one once.

We entered the line for SDD at 7:56 for the first time and rode it 5 times. Photopass times show 8:09, 8:24, 8:35, 8:43, 8:51 so you can see the line shrinking each time.

The land certainly filled up quickly and we headed over the RNR and Tower for quick rides before breakfast. Photopass shows RNR at 9:15 and Tower at 9:29 (skipped the pre-show in both of them).

We headed over to breakfast then and we were pleasantly surprised at the food. We had actually done EMM at MK on a couple days earlier and my crew thoroughly enjoyed that food. I had warned them that HS might be quite different. We made great use of the kids scrambled eggs. I LOVED the chicken and donut. Also, the readily available soda was awesome.

Overall, we enjoyed this morning a lot and would absolutely do it again. FWIW, My crew loved both events but would pick HS over MK because of the ride combination.

That’s some good info to make us feel better. Thank u. Did your bus drive thru Riverside at that time?
Nope, POFQ only. I found that the app will show the arrival time and then once that time passes, will show "every 20 minutes" until 5-8 minutes before the next bus. I wouldn't worry if you see a time and then it disappears - a new one should pop up shortly.

1. Meet Mickey/Minnie
2. Tower of Terror

Thanks!

Earlier this month (11/7) Meet Mickey/Minnie was posted at 20 minutes when I left EMM at 9am (I did not go in so this may have been overstated). ST was a walk on and I heard that ToT was too. I would go to ToT about 5 minutes before 9am walk on there, have a FP for M/M at 9:30am, go back to ABC Commissary for breakfast, then Meet Mickey and Minnie and back to Beauty and the Beast (15 minutes is fine is a slower time you might need 30 if it is a holiday week to get seating).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter