DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

okay, chiming in for emm 11/5 monday. We changed it from 11/7 to 11/5 figuring it would be more quiet because of the last minute add on. We took mears prebooked from pofq was great. we waited at turnstiles, they let us in and went straight to toy story land, never going to abc comm. never going to a line at grauman's theater. okay. rode sdd-once. done. that was it. done. ride went down rest of the time. we were given one paper fp that said for our party of 3 people we could go on sdd the remainder of our stay one time. we went back later and we tapped on mb for fp in that park only but we didn't really want those. we never got a refund and weren't offered one. we didn't do much else. we ate. it was good food. we took pics around the land, it was very empty. we didn't see the characters because everytime we approached they were on a break and the line was long. we went on the alien ride twice. it was okay. nothing amazing. the land was great to go in uncrowded for the first time we have ever been but that was it basically. ok food. done. would never do it again. didn't want to waste time in a long guest relations line demanding a refund. i will email. my party was mad and antsy and wanted to leave the park. we returned one more night and rode slinky one time with that fp paper ticket. and it was too early in the morning really to do this again. so early, no sdd, not worth it.

Thanks all for the reviews. We are booked for TSL EMM during the first week of December. The reviews have helped us manage our expectations. We will have to do a rider switch for SDD. So, for us, success will be being able to ride the attractions 2x each and get a character picture.

We only have three days in the parks so this will help us do everything we’d like to do in DHS in the morning before hoping to EP.

So... I know the green army men aren't out during EMM.. but has anyone seen them there shortly after?? Like I'm thinking after breakfast and the RD crowd has calmed down??? Wasnt sure if they had specific times.. I'd love to be able to catch them while we were there!!

I've been checking everyday and night for tickets on 1/2. They opened up the 7:00 am sometime between last night and this morning. I was so excited when I saw the 7 slot, but it was already sold out :(

I've been checking everyday and night for tickets on 1/2. They opened up the 7:00 am sometime between last night and this morning. I was so excited when I saw the 7 slot, but it was already sold out :(

Don’t fret, it’s usually a staggered window between when the 7am time slot gets added and it actually shows up as available/bookable. I’d take that as a good sign it’s about to be added.

This thing has a big guest count, so generally speaking will not sell out ‘right away.’

I believe they added 7am slot for Wed 1/30 as well. Not available to book yet.
Mon 1/28 is showing sold out online after having 14+ availability over the weekend. Hoping that they add 7am slot to Mon too.

I attended yesterday- November 7. I am staying at Pop and they told me we would have a bus at 6:15 - ended up getting a bus at 6:50. Tight but was in TSL by 7:25 - I had a 7am reservation and there was no separation. I met Woody and Jessie at 7:35 and then went to *** as everyone had headed to SDD. No wait there. Then over to SDD where it was a 10 minute wait. I had asked for a seat toward the back and had some issues with a large party rearranging on me so second row. Little magic there as the CM that witnessed it called me through the handicap gate and put me right back on in the back row. Said thank you for not making an issue. So - count I got all 3 characters, 3x on SDD, 2x on ***, 1x on TSMM and walked out at 8:55 meeting the RD crowd. Walked on ST before eating. Breakfast was good but nothing special.
The *** is Alien Swirling Saucers - sorry didn't think about the acronym LOL

Once EMM is booked, does it show up on MDE? Can you modify reservations online (if you want to switch days) or do you have to call?
Thanks in advance!

So... I know the green army men aren't out during EMM.. but has anyone seen them there shortly after?? Like I'm thinking after breakfast and the RD crowd has calmed down??? Wasnt sure if they had specific times.. I'd love to be able to catch them while we were there!!

Not their full "show" but on 11/5 during emm, a few of them were parading around with drums.
However, I've long stated that I wish they had showtimes during the day. They are a riot.

FWIW, the 7am booking slot on 1/2, 1/30, and maybe some other dates people were watching are now bookable.

Do we have any idea if it doubles the number of people in attendance when Disney adds a 7:00am timeslot to a date? I haven’t seen any hard numbers on how many tickets they have been selling overall, or if the additional time slot adds 25% or 50% more?

We’re going in March and have two possible dates we could do EMM on. Obviously we’d prefer to be there with fewer people!

Thanks for all the reviews and info!

It has to increase the numbers I would think but I am also curious if someone had some evidence of numbers

We did Toy Story EMM on 11/12. We walked over from BCV & arrived just about 7 AM on the nose. There were two timeslots that morning but it really didn’t feel overly crowded. We got some drinks & lined up to go in about 10 minutes after arriving. Most people went directly for SDD :laughing: We went to AS2 first, rode twice, then did five rides on Slinky & walked over to TSM just as the event was ending. It was too early & too muggy; we were not interested in the food. So, that’s a total of...

AS2 - 2x
SDD - 5x
TSM - 1x

Did not meet any characters :)

I liked this event very much & would do it again. It was fun and saved a lot of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter