DHS Park Hours Updated Starting 8/29

I assume they can just add EMH at night to HS if the 6am EMH isn't sufficient? Either way a win win for those on site if they decide to do both. I’m so pumped at this point it’s not even funny.

I’m guessing the lines are still going to be insane at night and not adding them is the only way to get the park empty within 3 hours of official close.

What just happened to Touring Plans Park Calendar? All the predicted crowd ratings just fell for the last week of August including HS to a 1 on opening day for SW.

Our November dates don't seem right, either. HS is the lowest crowd level of all the parks most days. What?! And on Nov. 4th I think their algorithms relied way too heavily on last year's numbers, when MK was a 4:30 close. Crowd levels of 10 for Epcot and 1 for MK when they're open the same hours? That one I contacted TP about.

Also MK and AK have daily EMH for the entire month of Sept and Oct
Holy cow, that doesn't sound good! That means they think they will be packed also! In SEPTEMBER!!!!!
Ok, I started out panicking when the SWGE's opening was first announced, then I let myself get talked into not panicking, and now I'm panicking again.

Last edited:
That 6AM window will be a blessing for those onsite trying to get into SWGE before those offsite. Looks like 4:30am wake ups are on the horizon. My wife looks thrilled lol
Not happening with us. My kids are going to KILL me if I make them get up that early. BUT...let me think about this. I might be able to figure out a way to make it work..

Our November dates don't seem right, either. HS is the lowest crowd level of all the parks most days. What?! And on Nov. 4th I think their algorithms relied way too heavily on last year's numbers, when MK was a 4:30 close. Crowd levels of 10 for Epcot and 1 for MK when they're open the same hours? That one I contacted TP about.

Any and all crowd calendars will be guesses at best with SWGE opening. All parks will be packed for a long time. But no way a calendar can predict the amount this far away and without DL numbers to go off of.

Pretty sure I have my data right in the below. I find Disney park calendar trends interesting, so I was curious to look back at the recent special run of hours for Pandora and TSL openings compared to the new SWGE park hours info today.

Big caveat in that nothing about today's announcement mentioned DHS park closing time, so I'm going to treat that as subject to change for now.

I guess we can have a night owl vs early bird debate as to whether today's announcement was good news or bad news, but no doubt 63 straight days of 3-hour EMHs is a big benefit for the EMH-eligible folks.

Pandora v TSL v SWGE.png

Now to wait and see what they decide to do after that, as someone who is going later in November.

Paid event? Some EMH's but not as many? Hmmm.

As someone arriving in the afternoon on 11/2, the idea that they're going to go directly from daily 3 hour EMHs and extended hours/EMHs at 3 parks a day to nothing scares me! I'm more nervous now than I have been since right after the initial announcement. Even though I wouldn't necessarily expect that level of extended hours to continue, I hope they realize they need to do something beyond 11/2.

So no EMM for Star Wars it seems?

I think most folks on the DHS EMM thread (myself included) assumed SWGE would be the end of DHS EMM, and this new info would seem to confirm that at least for the near-term. I'm sure at some point they'll move to capitalize on paid morning events such as EMM and it will be re-introduced in some way/shape/form (and cost)... somewhere down the line.

As someone arriving in the afternoon on 11/2, the idea that they're going to go directly from daily 3 hour EMHs and extended hours/EMHs at 3 parks a day to nothing scares me! I'm more nervous now than I have been since right after the initial announcement. Even though I wouldn't necessarily expect that level of extended hours to continue, I hope they realize they need to do something beyond 11/2.
The consensus here is that it is highly unlikely that they would have these EEMH on Sunday 11/3 because of the Wine & Dine Half Marathon that will be going on that morning. Part of the race course goes through DHS and, even if the runners don't go through SWGE, they can't have too many people in the park until the race clears out. But who knows what they'll do from 11/4 and on.

The consensus here is that it is highly unlikely that they would have these EEMH on Sunday 11/3 because of the Wine & Dine Half Marathon that will be going on that morning. Part of the race course goes through DHS and, even if the runners don't go through SWGE, they can't have too many people in the park until the race clears out. But who knows what they'll do from 11/4 and on.
I haven't been paying attention to the races, has the course for 2019 been announced?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter