DHS or repeat Epcot/MK?

orangecuse

DIS Veteran
Group is myself, husband, 1.5 year old at trip time. No park hoppers.
So right now our schedule is:
Day 1- Arrival late afternoon eat and relax (have non-park plans so no chance of park this day)
Day 2- EMM, MK day
Day 3- sleep in, DHS
Day 4- AK until lunch, relax
Day 5- Epcot all day
Day 6- AK all day with afternoon break
Day 7- MK and leave early evening

I am wondering about that DHS half day. My son is very tall for his age so will probably be fine for Alien Saucers. However, thats the only ride he can do (he will NOT enjoy anything requiring glasses like TSMM). He is super active so its hard to say if he will sit still for a show like Little Mermaid and BatB. Should we just forgo DHS this trip and add in more MK or split Epcot up?

Travelling last week of Nov. if that matters. We do have reservations at HBD so if we ditch DHS we would also want a replacement for that!

He’ll probably also enjoy the new Disney Jr dance party to get some energy out. Do you think he’ll be interested or terrified of fur characters(it can go either way at that age)? If interested, then you could plan to meet Olaf, Mickey and Minnie, or even do a meal at H&V for characters in seasonal outfits.

At that age, everything will be amazing and he won’t know if you skip something so honestly just do whatever will make you and your husband happiest. If you and DH plan to do TOT and RR with rider swap it makes a bit more sense; if you are only going for one or two rides, then I’d skip DHS this trip and do another Epcot day.

A that age, I would do MK again. There is much more there for him than at HS.

I brought a 21 month old and went to Epcot 3 times in 4 park days. we also had hoppers, so it's non negotiable we end up at Epcot unless it's an AK day.

I'm personally biased in favor of Epcot. Don't get me wrong, I like MK but I find it overwhelming. Especially with a toddler in tow.

I would go to MK unless you really want to go to HS. He might like the Indiana Jones stunt show there though.

I generally did Disney Jr at that age, but I also had hoppers and could also do some rides at another park.

Without hoppers I’d lean MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!