DHS or AK

Patrick Britz

Earning My Ears
I have one day to go to WDW on January 24 and already purchased my ticket for Disney After Hours at MK that evening. Should I spend the earlier part of the day at DHS to see Toy Story Land or AK to see Pandora? I have not been to either park since the new lands opened so any specific reasons why would be helpful!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Hard decision!!!

ToT is my favorite ride in all of WDW. But I love AK too.

I would probably buy a hopper and do half days in each.

I have one day to go to WDW on January 24 and already purchased my ticket for Disney After Hours at MK that evening. Should I spend the earlier part of the day at DHS to see Toy Story Land or AK to see Pandora? I have not been to either park since the new lands opened so any specific reasons why would be helpful!

I do have kids but this trip I will be solo!

Another vote for Animal Kingdom! Flight of Passage is the best ride in WDW. And the theming in Pandora is excellent. After that you've got the rest of the AK to explore. Lion King is the best show on site. I like to get lunch at the Flametree BBQ and sit down by the water and listen to the screams coming from Everest.

If I were traveling solo, I would go to AK for sure. I'd also stop in at the Nomad Lounge for a cocktail and bread service! Enjoy!

p.s. don't forget the single rider line at Everest! :idea:

I would say AK, as there is more to experience there once you've had your fill of Pandora. Especially if you can get a FP for FOP, you'll probably have time to wander elsewhere and unless you are super into the other attraction at DHS, AK is probably the best all around choice.

Animal Kingdom DEFINITELY!!! FoP is worth the price of admission, and throw in Everest, Dinosaur, Lion King, Kilimanjaro Safaris, the animal trails, AND a Safari Amber and/or a Dole Whip with or without rum from Tamu Tamu, and you will have yourself a great day. The theming and atmosphere at AK is so much better than DHS (in my opinion). Enjoy!

AK no question. I do love ToT, Star Tours and RnR at HS, but for new lands I am much more excited to see Pandora than Toy Story land. I love how that park feels like you are somewhere else. I love the Safari, EE, Lion King and wandering the trails looking at all the animals.

Park day on my own?? I would totally go with AK.....a great park to be able to enjoy at your own pace....performers, animals, intense theming, interesting food! I might even treat myself to the new rhino tour :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter