DHS not accepting reservations in October?

We do day of for most all our ADR. Works great and we eat only TS. There's little reason to book anything at 180 days unless you just want to.
Heck, I don't think I've ever even planned a trip that far out
If you don't want to trouble yourself with checking set up an ADR Finder over on Touring Plans

There's always hope I guess then

I was able to get it, but it was earlier in October - not sure if that mattered.

SWGE has nothing to do with it, when our 180+ window opened the first week I was able to get a few ADR's but had to keep looking, as I believe Disney opens times at different day/weeks.....And as PP suggested use res finders as they DO WORK and did for me....good luck!

Surely, with as quirky as Disney's IT dept is, it can't be a surprise that they don't load 100% of their ADR at the same time. I know it doesn't surprise me.
It should be easy but nothing ever is. They can't even get their park hours set at 180 days so the ADR times won't be fully in place anyway.
Other than Epcot, 99% of the time, Epcot is 9-9, with WS being 11-9. There's a few exceptions when they open till 10 but you'd think they could load the ADR up for all restaurants at Epcot for the same hours year round. They know what they are going to be. But they don't. Still have to work out some of those agreements. Like there's any doubt they'll renew them

Could it be they are anticipating large crowds because of Star Wars and the inability of guests to reach their ADR destination? Imagine the uproar over those non-refundable reservation deposits. Could see a reservation policy change taking place at DHS depending on the crowds. A lot will be determined when Star Wars opens at DL and they see what the actual crowds and wait times are. I've seen rumors on other boards of a 5 hour wait just to get into the park-seems absurb but could happen. All of these unknowns could be affecting the ADR's. I also couldn't get any reservations 180 days out. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Sci Fi just opened yesterday for the Sep 30th, suddenly there were times all over the place for lunch. (Touring plans never alerted me, ahem). So I think they just finally released that day.

Could it be they are anticipating large crowds because of Star Wars and the inability of guests to reach their ADR destination? Imagine the uproar over those non-refundable reservation deposits. Could see a reservation policy change taking place at DHS depending on the crowds. A lot will be determined when Star Wars opens at DL and they see what the actual crowds and wait times are. I've seen rumors on other boards of a 5 hour wait just to get into the park-seems absurb but could happen. All of these unknowns could be affecting the ADR's. I also couldn't get any reservations 180 days out. I don't think it's a coincidence.
They will not hold people to a nonrefundable deposit if the park is closed to capacity
There won't be a policy change
The cancelation policy charge is always a case by case basis done by the locations managers
If there is a park closure they will simply not charge them

They will not hold people to a nonrefundable deposit if the park is closed to capacity
There won't be a policy change
The cancelation policy charge is always a case by case basis done by the locations managers
If there is a park closure they will simply not charge them

Two things

1-we had ADR at DL for a 24 hour party. When we go there, there was line into the park but because we had an ADR we were allowed in one hour before our ADR time. We would so do that again to get into a park - if it still works

2- I can view Sci Fi dinner times in mid October. Keep trying

1-we had ADR at DL for a 24 hour party. When we go there, there was line into the park but because we had an ADR we were allowed in one hour before our ADR time. We would so do that again to get into a park - if it still works
Just to mention, for those that are not aware, DL has different policies and procedures during park closures than WDW does. So what happened there will have no bearing to what happens at HS

Brown Derby had nothing for lunch but had several openings for dinner for Oct 9. I would have thought it would have been the other way around.

Brown Derby had nothing for lunch but had several openings for dinner for Oct 9. I would have thought it would have been the other way around.
I think folks are making more lunch/late lunch ressies because of SWGE. They may let go of possible extras once they have a better idea of plans and restrictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter