DHS not accepting reservations in October?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Looking to make a dining reservation for October and nothing came up for any restaurant (I logged in at 6am EST immediately). Are they not taking reservations due to SWGE?

Close out and go back in. I had the same problem this morning. It was showing no availability for October 9 at all. So I signed out and back in. I knew it was pretty crazy to think there was no availability anywhere on that date.

Side Note: Doing the happy dance! Can’t believe but I got all my ADRs for the exact dates and times I wanted.

Close out and go back in. I had the same problem this morning. It was showing no availability for October 9 at all. So I signed out and back in. I knew it was pretty crazy to think there was no availability anywhere on that date.

Side Note: Doing the happy dance! Can’t believe but I got all my ADRs for the exact dates and times I wanted.

I did that a few times, just tried again. Nothing at all for 50s Prime Time or Sci Fi. That was as of the immediate window opening at 6am. Really makes me think they are not allowing reservations in that park for those restaurants, I can't see that being fully booked immediately when I tried.

I had no problem getting Brown Derby and Mama Melrose for dates in Oct.
If you're still wanting 50's Prime Time or Sci Fi I'd keep checking a few times a day just in case they were late to load.
Of course, on the other hand there could be something else going on.

Last edited:

I had no problem getting Brown Derby and Mama Melrose for dates in Oct.
If you're still wanting 50's Prime Time or Sci Fi I'd keep checking a few times a day just in case they were late to load.
Of course, on the other hand there could be something else going on.

Got those and saw them too. But 50s PT and Sci Fi had nothing available at all for days, even at the 180 day mark, 6am. Something else must be going on.

They just happen to be two very popular restaurants in a park that has very limited dining options. If SWGE was causing a "blackout" of dining reservations it would be across the board, or specifically restaurants close to the entrance of SWGE. ABC Commissary is right near the entrance and still has reservations (they accept reservations after 4pm now).

They just happen to be two very popular restaurants in a park that has very limited dining options. If SWGE was causing a "blackout" of dining reservations it would be across the board, or specifically restaurants close to the entrance of SWGE. ABC Commissary is right near the entrance and still has reservations (they accept reservations after 4pm now).

I just had the chance to call. Apparently they have not opened booking for PT and Sci Fi for those dates for some reason. Cast member could see nothing booked and also nothing available, which means it's blocked out for some reason. I assume something to do with SWGE and the popularity of these restaurants?

Did you happen to book PT or Sci fi?

Sorry, I thought you were saying all of HS. I did book Brown Derby that week with no problem. I wonder if they are going to start some type of package deal with Sci-Fi and PT.

Yes, the Fantasmic restaurants were available (Brown Derby, Mama Melrose, H&V). But they would not allow booking for Sci Fi and 50s PT.

I did that a few times, just tried again. Nothing at all for 50s Prime Time or Sci Fi. That was as of the immediate window opening at 6am. Really makes me think they are not allowing reservations in that park for those restaurants, I can't see that being fully booked immediately when I tried.

When I booked mine (180+9 on Saturday), Sci-Fi wasn't showing up for "lunch" but was for dinner.

I have both a Oct 7th 7:35pm and an Oct 9th 4:00pm Sci-Fi right now as we tentatively plan what day we'll actually be at DHS.

I just had the chance to call. Apparently they have not opened booking for PT and Sci Fi for those dates for some reason. Cast member could see nothing booked and also nothing available, which means it's blocked out for some reason. I assume something to do with SWGE and the popularity of these restaurants?

Nope, this happens other restaurants as well. Not all reservations get added at the 180 day mark. It's up to the restaurant's management and sometimes they just don't have a plan together in time (may be waiting for direction from a layer of management above them). Something like this has happened with at least one ADR for my last 3 trips. I've given it a day or 2 and been able to book then.

Sometimes the management can "lock" ADRs for that restaurant as well. It has happened to me with Beaches & Cream as an example. I wanted to modify an existing ADR to remove 2 people and the CM told me "ADRs are locked for that restaurant," which means the management of that restaurant has stopped allowing changes for a period (she couldn't comment on why that is, but another CM confirmed via e-mail that it does happen which may be the only time in the history of my life that I've had 2 CMs give me consistent answers).

Nope, this happens other restaurants as well. Not all reservations get added at the 180 day mark. It's up to the restaurant's management and sometimes they just don't have a plan together in time (may be waiting for direction from a layer of management above them). Something like this has happened with at least one ADR for my last 3 trips. I've given it a day or 2 and been able to book then.

).

Oh wow, never knew that. So basically you just keep checking?

When I booked mine (180+9 on Saturday), Sci-Fi wasn't showing up for "lunch" but was for dinner.

I have both a Oct 7th 7:35pm and an Oct 9th 4:00pm Sci-Fi right now as we tentatively plan what day we'll actually be at DHS.

Weird. I guess nothing is available but cast member told me she saw nothing booked.

This happened last year with Be Our Guest, I believe. They didn't load up the reservations until after the 180 day mark. I'm still checking for Tiffins for August 22. I can't find anything there for that date, not even for 2 people, not even for lunch. Weird. Definitely set up a touringplans reservation finder. You'll probably get what you want eventually. You can check mouse dining, too.

Ok, so the restaurants aren't able to plan properly at 6 months out, it causes issues for the guests to plan 6 months out, so how about at least going to a more sensible 60 days out, if not day of only for ADRs?

We do day of for most all our ADR. Works great and we eat only TS. There's little reason to book anything at 180 days unless you just want to.
Heck, I don't think I've ever even planned a trip that far out
If you don't want to trouble yourself with checking set up an ADR Finder over on Touring Plans

I've been watching for Sci-Fi too. I can find multiple ADRs through September 29th, and then absolutely nothing during our trip. I guess I'll keep checking.

I've been watching for Sci-Fi too. I can find multiple ADRs through September 29th, and then absolutely nothing during our trip. I guess I'll keep checking.

I found it so odd. I was literally logged on at 6am 180 day mark and nothing at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter