DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't quite able to place where the new structure is enough to know whether it looks like it will be security/bag check for parking trams only or for buses too? If so that strengthens the idea that security screening for the gondolas and boats will take place elsewhere.
This new area is closest to the tram drop off. Its unclear is more will be built or the overall plan at this time.

I didn't want to start another thread (and if such a thread exists for the question I'm asking I'd love to have the link), but once SWGE is complete along with Mickey and Minnie's ride, how crowded do you think DHS will be OVERALL compared to now? I know SWGE will be packed for a long time, but we have a scheduled trip in Feb 2021, and I'm starting to think it DHS will be worth going to if the whole park is packed.

I didn't want to start another thread (and if such a thread exists for the question I'm asking I'd love to have the link), but once SWGE is complete along with Mickey and Minnie's ride, how crowded do you think DHS will be OVERALL compared to now? I know SWGE will be packed for a long time, but we have a scheduled trip in Feb 2021, and I'm starting to think it DHS will be worth going to if the whole park is packed.
I’m sure the entire park will be crowded or at least more crowded than it is now. There will be a huge amount of new people coming to DHS and they need places other than SWGE to go.

Touring Plans had a crowd calendar update a few days ago for this year. They briefly discussed SWGE opening and said to expect that park to be "a 10 every day at Hollywood Studios once the new land opens." They didn't talk about how long that would be the case, but I'm guessing it will last for a good while.

I’m sure the entire park will be crowded or at least more crowded than it is now. There will be a huge amount of new people coming to DHS and they need places other than SWGE to go.

Touring Plans had a crowd calendar update a few days ago for this year. They briefly discussed SWGE opening and said to expect that park to be "a 10 every day at Hollywood Studios once the new land opens." They didn't talk about how long that would be the case, but I'm guessing it will last for a good while.

That is more or less what I thought but I guess I needed confirmation from others. I fully expect SWGE to be PACKED for all of 2020 since a lot of people are waiting to visit until SWGE is finished. My trip isn't for a while, so maybe in another year and a half the crowds may die down a bit in the other parts of DHS. I have no real desire to see SWGE, but I do wish to see finally see TSL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts