DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, now when they mentioned the milestone highest piece being signed at WDW in mid November, I was taking that as a solid 3 months behind.
And then I just realized, when did they INSTALL that piece in WDW??? It went up in August in DL and it was covered extensively by the media. There has been coverage on the signing in DHS and I took for granted it went up immediately. Maybe they just signed it before the holiday season. I found a questionable source (though with crane pics) indicating in wasn't actually installed until this month.

What is different between the two models? Besides the entrances? Is it significant enough to affect timelines?
(Have I thanked you lately?)

I think everyone knows, I would MUCH prefer the two lands open together.

Even that milestone doesn't mean a lot since it doesn't mean it's the last piece of steel, the remaining steel work could have been vastly different between the two lands at that point.

I booked a trip in April since part of my December trip I was sick in bed, so we upgraded to AP - would love if AP got some sort of intro/chance to see TSL ahead of time - I imagine even if they did my odds of my dates matching are low - and chances to get on SD lower - but it's first day at work 2018 I have to think positive about something!

DHS is definitely in sad shape right now. Sad to see.
Tell me about it, used to be my favorite park. Being a huge Disney dork I loved the history and lore of the park. As an aspiring animator I was always thrilled to see the magic of Disney animation, even though they weren’t making movies there anymore. Actually got senior photos taking with Frank’s, Ollie’s and Ward’s handprints. And every ride in the park was at the least a 9/10 for me (the great movie ride if you’re curious) with the whole exhibit One Mans Dream (when it featured the movie) was an ABSOLUTE MUST DO for me and arguably my favorite thing on property.

But whenever I rank the parks I consider it to be a question mark and I’m waiting for these lands to open to properly judge it. When I was there last month I wanted to cry knowing what it once was. I should elaborate, I’m not looking at classic MGM like people look at classic Epcot, I know classic MGM had flaws and I’m not upset about how the current rides are, I’m just upset about the current state of the park because it feels like a park in beta mode. I’m super pumped for Toy Story Land, Galaxy’s Edge and Runway Railway and if there is a phase 4, I’m hoping that they are amazing additions to the parks history

Anyone who reminisces on MGM will get me on a tangent

Tell me about it, used to be my favorite park. Being a huge Disney dork I loved the history and lore of the park. As an aspiring animator I was always thrilled to see the magic of Disney animation, even though they weren’t making movies there anymore. Actually got senior photos taking with Frank’s, Ollie’s and Ward’s handprints. And every ride in the park was at the least a 9/10 for me (the great movie ride if you’re curious) with the whole exhibit One Mans Dream (when it featured the movie) was an ABSOLUTE MUST DO for me and arguably my favorite thing on property.

But whenever I rank the parks I consider it to be a question mark and I’m waiting for these lands to open to properly judge it. When I was there last month I wanted to cry knowing what it once was. I should elaborate, I’m not looking at classic MGM like people look at classic Epcot, I know classic MGM had flaws and I’m not upset about how the current rides are, I’m just upset about the current state of the park because it feels like a park in beta mode. I’m super pumped for Toy Story Land, Galaxy’s Edge and Runway Railway and if there is a phase 4, I’m hoping that they are amazing additions to the parks history

It is a shell of its former self by far. I like the rides and stuff that are there but there are not enough of them and I hate some of the stuff that closed like great movie ride and the car stunt show.

I'm doing 3 park days for star wars dark side and dhs is the one park I won't be scheduling FP for. If I see short lines or can grab a 4th FP there for ToT or RnR then I'll visit but just not enough to plan a day around right now. I don't like it but it is the current reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!