DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

A friend who is in Disney now, told me that , in her opinion, anyone staying in the Boardwalk area from right after Thanksgiving thru around the 12th of Dec needs to be prepared for nightmare transportation issues.She was told that the International Gateway will be closed and no friendship boats will be running to Epcot or the Studios. Buses only to both front of Epcot and the Studios.

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

While we are not staying in the Epcot area, we had planned on traveling there via Uber , and then taking the friendship boat to DHS to avoid the long walk from bus drop-off to the gate.

That would be really disappointing if true.
We were there 2 weeks ago and walking to the IG and HS was easy. I would hate to have to be bused to the front of EPCOT.

This what was posted on the Swan Dolphin website while back:

As Disney Skyliner construction continues near International Gateway at Epcot in the coming months, International Gateway will remain open to Guests traveling along the connected pedestrian walkway.

During construction, Friendship Boat service will remain available to the resort hotels around Crescent Lake as well as Disney's Hollywood Studios. While Friendship Boat service to Epcot is expected to be unavailable from late November until mid-December, Guests will be able to use bus service or the walkway to access Epcot.

This what was posted on the Swan Dolphin website while back:

As Disney Skyliner construction continues near International Gateway at Epcot in the coming months, International Gateway will remain open to Guests traveling along the connected pedestrian walkway.

During construction, Friendship Boat service will remain available to the resort hotels around Crescent Lake as well as Disney's Hollywood Studios. While Friendship Boat service to Epcot is expected to be unavailable from late November until mid-December, Guests will be able to use bus service or the walkway to access Epcot.
Amendment to that, the boat service will be open to DHS just not Epcot.

Amendment to that, the boat service will be open to DHS just not Epcot.

That's good news, thank-you so much!
Although, having just viewed the photo tour above of construction in and around DHS, I am now wondering if we should just skip DHS all together this trip. We have it scheduled on our last Disney day anyway, and with being tired I am betting all that blahness will make us grumpy,lol !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!