DH's business trip to Anaheim - should I tag along?

SleepyatDVC

DIS Veteran
DH might go on a business trip to Anaheim, CA to attend a seminar, 7/11-7/14/02. The company sponsoring the seminar will fly him out from NYC on Thursday morning and fly him back on Sunday. They will also pick up the tab for hotel and meals.

Question - should I tag along? And if I do, should I bring our 3 year old? I'm thinking that flying cross country isn't worth only 2 full days there. It might be tough on dd. Not to mentioned too expensive for such a short trip. Airfare will be around $350 pp. Then there will be DL tickets. If I bring dd, that's where we will be headed. For $700 (airfare) plus DL tickets, it might be cheaper to fly to WDW with dd on my own where we have annual passes and DVC (paid for accommodations). :D

DH won't be able to extend the dates of his trip - he has get back to the office - also this year's vacation time is spoken for already. I'm still tempted to tag along even for such a short trip. But besides DL, what else is there to do solo during the day while DH is attending his seminar? It would be nice to get away. Should I do it or not? :confused:

Now, why can't this seminar be in Florida or Las Vegas? :rolleyes:

If you have never seen DLR, you need to! It is truly special. I think for such a short trip, I would leave your dd at home this time. It would make for a romantic trip for you and dh!!! Be sure to eat at the blue bayou!!!!

How nice!! I would go for it!! There are some good deals on tickets availble . check the disney web site - are they still offering adult's at kid price if bought online??
Also if you do bring dd they are offering kids free w adult passes (getawaytoday.com has them , AAA too?)

Southwest is also having a deal right now where "friends fly free" - would you be able to use that?

The company sponsoring the seminar is arranging dh's air ticket and picking up the cost. If I go, I will try to arrange to be on the same flight on my own. Southwest will not be an option because I would only be buying one ticket. Not to mention the fact that the closest airport is in Islip, Long Island which could very well be 2 hours away in traffic.

Sigh, looking less likely that I will be tagging along. Too short, too expensive, not much I want to do on my own, ...:( DH will be busy most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!