DHS Alert: Vampirina’s Meet and Greet is Now Open!

So...feeling embarrassed, but...where is Animation Courtyard? I'm sure I must have been there many times and just not known its name.

So...feeling embarrassed, but...where is Animation Courtyard? I'm sure I must have been there many times and just not known its name.
It’s bounded by Little Mermaid, Launch Bay, and the soon to be Disney Jr. Dance Party...walk a little beyond Brown Derby.

Is this a permanent thing? My little girl love Vee. She's going to be Vee for Halloween and sleeps with a Vee plushy every night.

Is this a permanent thing? My little girl love Vee. She's going to be Vee for Halloween and sleeps with a Vee plushy every night.
Permanent until the ‘next big Disney Jr. characters’ come along - it’s dependent upon who Disney wants to promote.

Vee bumped out Jake of the Neverland Pirates.

Permanent until the ‘next big Disney Jr. characters’ come along - it’s dependent upon who Disney wants to promote.

Vee bumped out Jake of the Neverland Pirates.

Oh ok. Hopefully it'll be there the beginning of December.

We met her on Monday 10/22. Her line was consistently in the 20-30 minute range all day. I wasn’t going to get in line, but my almost 3 year old son saw her and really wanted to meet her. He enjoys the music on her show. She is very cute and it was a fun meet. Just be prepared for a wait!

My son talks about her all the time, is this a Halloween thing or will she still be there in December? Slap some holly on her and make her festive?

My son talks about her all the time, is this a Halloween thing or will she still be there in December? Slap some holly on her and make her festive?
We are headed there in February. So hope she will be there still!!! We love her!
After spending thousands of dollars for each Vampirina character costume, Vampirina will be in the parks for more than just a few weeks...more like indefinitely as long as she stays on Disney Jr.

I haven’t told my DD she will meet Vampirina in just 23 days. :D It’s going to be a surprise. She doesn’t even know we are going to HS at all during our Thanksgiving trip. I told her we most likely would be skipping it because I hadn’t been able to get FP for SDD. Standing in a 70+ minute line isn’t my idea of a good time. Then Early Morning Magic was added and I decided to plan a HS morning to surprise DD...and then I learned that Vampirina is meeting at HS! My DD will shriek with excitement that morning!! She loves Vampirina!

While I appreciate Disney updating the character meet & greets, I wish they would choose some others to showcase as well. My son doesn’t care for Sofia, and told me today he doesn’t like Vamparina either (she was featured at a local Halloween event). Would love to see Roadster Mickey/Goofy, Puppy Dog Pals, or PJ Masks (although I hear they’re licensed?)

While I appreciate Disney updating the character meet & greets, I wish they would choose some others to showcase as well. My son doesn’t care for Sofia, and told me today he doesn’t like Vamparina either (she was featured at a local Halloween event). Would love to see Roadster Mickey/Goofy, Puppy Dog Pals, or PJ Masks (although I hear they’re licensed?)

Haven't I read that Roadster Goofy is at Hollywood & Vine breakfast now? With the Minnie meals later in the day and outdoor m&gs for Vampirina, Doc, Sofia, whoever, I'd change the breakfast to just "Roadster Racers" with the classic gang in their Roadster outfits.

Not sure they could physically do Bingo & Rolly as walk around characters. (Same problem they would have had with the Lion Guard characters except for Bunga - still wish they had done him.)

And I've always understood that Disney doesn't own PJ Masks, but I'd think they could work out a deal for park presence if they really wanted to.

Personally, I would eat breakfast or stand in line for Baby Gonzo from Muppet Babies!

And if I were there, I'd stand in a 20 min or less line for Vee.

ETA It seems to me that Dis Jr is skewing way farther toward girls - maybe thinking they don't age out of the "Junior" shows as quickly? But things like Handy Manny, Jake and Miles have ended or are just reruns. Lion Guard just stopped without even resolving the whole Scar plot as far as I can tell.

Instead we get Fancy Nancy (sorry, haven't seen much but really don't care for her - Baby Piggy speaks French and can out-Fancy anyone, so there!)

And then they have to mess up Puppy Dog Pals by shoehorning in a designed-by-committee marketing ploy to sell toys to toddler girls, who looks like the Giant Floating Baby Head from Phineas and Ferb and has to be able to "build and fix things" in a way that makes zero sense in the context of the show (oh but we have to promote the "girls can do STEM" message) and don't get me off on Strawberry the Ladybug as fashion accessory... Phew, sorry, got on my Keia soapbox and didn't want to stop. But if they had to have her, she should have had her own separate show.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter