• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DH might need a wheelchair/scooter for our trip in 2 weeks - please help

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
He has injured his knee & can't put his weight on it. I am concerned about him being able to do all of that walking. We are staying at PopCentury and will have a car.
I want to be prepared incase his knee isn't 100% by our trip.
If he needs a wheelchair/scooter, will he need a medical note?
If the doc issues a temporary handicap parking sticker, how close will we be able to get to the park entrances?
Should I call ahead to PopCentury and request a ground floor room?
Anything I have overlooked?

mom2boys, others can probably answer better esp. on the DISabilities Board. They are awesome folks, and can tell you where best to rent etc. No you don't need a Dr.'s note, parking is pretty close, and call Disney re. best accomadations for your DH. They have folks who do that.

Have a great trip! Maybe we will run into one another! Hopefully not literally!

Michelle

:wave2:

My sister had a total knee replacement and rented a scooter for a week. They deliver it to your hotel and pick it up from your hotel. She had no problem getting in and out of buses. The only problem was I got tired feet because now we could do more in a day. She paid I believe $180 for a week vs. $40+ per day at Disney parks. I suggest you rent one. I will ask her the name and post later. It was also nice because they have a basket in the front so you don't have to carry anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter