DH is changing his mind!! MVMCP instead of MNSSHP...

mikayla73

DIS Veteran
We were supposed to go to WDW with friends in Oct. We were going to do the MNSSHP and F&WF. We made our reservations and all was good. Well now our friends arent going to be able to go (they are DVC members too and were getting their own room so no big deal for us there). So DH wants to go a little later, maybe around his b-day (Dec 5th same as Walt's :) ). I ask him if he has lost his mind,:headache: doesn't he realize that you can't just call at less than 7 mo out and expect to get a DVC reservation the first couple weeks of Dec?!?!?!:sad2: It will require wait lists and such? He looks at me as if to say ... AND .... :confused:

Not to say that we would not be able to get what we wanted by getting on the wait list and being patient, but I had everything already worked out for going in Oct, and now he wants to change. So I guess I will be on the phone with MS in the morning to see what's available when.

I also had the idea of going the week before Thanksgiving, arriving Nov 10th or 11th and leaving the following weekend. My b-day is that week :goodvibes and we could still go to MVMCP. Anyone have any ideas about how busy that week is? How much does the Super Soap weekend affect things? Is just avoiding MGM those days make it a non issue? I am all good with going to MVMCP instead of MNSSHP since I have never done either. He says we can get our AP's when we go this year and use them for MNSSHP (and other times) next year. So he has a point there. It's not really a big deal actually. I just thought it was funny that he thought we could swap just like that. I guess normally we would be able to without much trouble, but I know from reading on the DIS that the first two weeks of Dec are super popular. He has no clue. :laughing: I gotta love him anyway :love:

Ouch! You are a better wife than I am, I would have flipped:scared1:. I hope all works out for you :santa: .

Just an FYI, I called Thursday to see if we could switch at the 7 month mark for a studio and there was NOTHING at VWL or BWV, we have a studio at BCV booked, the dates are Dec 5-10, check it out, Nov may be better for you!
good luck

Thanks for the info.

I called this morning and switched. We are going the week before Thanksgiving. Which also happens to be the week of my b-day and MVMCP is going on so we'll get to do that too. We can also catch the last couple days of F&WF. So it worked out ok.

In case anyone was wondering as of this morning, there's no availablility the first week of Dec, any where. The week after Thanksgiving is spotty the first and last part of the week, the middle of the week had some availability though. The week before Thanksgiving only had availablity at OKW and SSR, of course without getting on a wait list. I told DH this is it, no more changing his mind :upsidedow

He says we can get our AP's when we go this year and use them for MNSSHP (and other times) next year.

I was just wondering about this statement. Why would having an AP matter since you need a separate ticket for admission to MNSSHP (and MVMCP)?

He was talking about our trips in general. If we get our AP's in Oct, they would expire the same time next year so we would have to either renew our AP's, or get park hoppers for our trip late next year. By waiting until Nov this year to get AP's, they will still be good when we go next year, which would be in Oct for MNSSHP.:) He's just thinking ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter